Guys need help. Pvp - Armor penetration or Strength?

Ok guys im having abit of a dilemma, i cant find how to compare the difference.. okay so ive gemmed with apr after being told to do so by a 2k+ rated war that it was the thing to do, but other warriors 2k+ ive seen running round are gemming STR.. clear up some confusion please? Im torn between what to do

i had 54% apr now with some recent gear changes im on 45%

Re: Guys need help. Pvp - Armor penetration or Strength?

Going into PVP with STR gems is asking to be steamrolled.. Pally have 10% stat reduction which means u're not getting 100% of the gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84
    Going into PVP with STR gems is asking to be steamrolled.. Pally have 10% stat reduction which means u're not getting 100% of the gems.
    You need to re check what you posted and compare it to some of the patch notes about paladins.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Okay.. so guys can you give your oppinions on the matter rather than pointing out others are wrong? its just the more the better, if you get me. No offense intended

Deleted

ArP all the way.Reason - people used to think its good only vs mail/plate but it appears that it starts to perform better than strentght even on targets with 6k armor

Str modifies Rend and Deep Wounds but still not worth taking.Would you rather slice through plates like butter and still do normal damage on cloth or you would prefer 5% more damage against mages and rogues(Locks and Priests run with 6k+) and tickle plate?