Thread: Macro Question

Macro Question

I found this in the macro thread, it has made things simpler.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=target Flame Shock, Earth Shock, Earth Shock

My quest is if I had a /startattack to it when I hit the button each time will that reset my melee attacks counters (not sure if that is the right terminology).

Deleted

Re: Macro Question

A castsequence macro like that is poor if you have to move at all during the fight, or your gear is such you can move points to Reverberation. You want to refresh FS if the debuff has worn off, and ES otherwise. Since the macro cannot make decisions based on whether a buff is present or not you end up having a macro that will be doing the wrong shock a decent percentage of the time.

If you are stood still pure dps no fancy mechanics to the fight then its fine, but that kinda means you are stuck in Naxx level raids, so getting the macro right is the least of your problems.

It is going to be better dps to simply have two separate abilities. You could macro this as...

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Flame Shock; [nomod] Earth Shock

ie: if you are holding down a modifier key (shift, alt, ctrl) then use Flame Shock, otherwise use Earth Shock.

To answer your other question /startattack shouldn't reset your swing timer if you are already in combat

Re: Macro Question

Wow, thanks for the info! I'll definitely take that all under consideration. I'm glad you took the time to feel in the extra, I didn't really think of that yet.

Currently right now this is for a level 43 shaman, that I'm mainly soloing. I'll keep that under consideration for when I do instances. I do keep those abilities up on the tool bar they are way out of the way and have to be mouse clicked.