Looking to try Shadowstep...

Hi,

I'm just wondering weather Shadowstep still functions as a pwnage spec in PvP. Yes I've tried mutilate and enjoy it but am looking for something more unique...

Thanks in advance

-Cold
    [center]

I'm not taking PM Sig requests from people with under 50 posts.

Re: Looking to try Shadowstep...

Only if you plan to cleave someone. It owns with two rogues work together. TotT+ShadowS+Master'o'Subt can give you a massive inital burst ambush. Or you can TotT then Ambush then Hemo, use ShadowS+ShadowD (if done within 6 secs of breaking stealth) you'll really hit someone hard. It only works if you're with another DPS and your whole goal is to basically just like kill someone in 5-6 secs.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...a37t,pXr,10522

There's a spec I like, and I play with a Fdruid for 2v2 so we basically just cleave someone senseless in a few secs.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Nice thank your for the advice and spec. Also wondering what you would prefer?

Shadowstep or Mutilate?

I'm a player that likes to kill players quickly and accuretly with a heap load of skill involved.

Thanks =D

-cold
    [center]

I'm not taking PM Sig requests from people with under 50 posts.

So, in the whole grand theme of things, is Subtlety going to be a spec that could be useful in arena or pve? It just seems a very small percent uses Subtlety. I am new to the rogue community and have only tried Subtlety once. Mostly just use the cookie cutter rogue build.

For pvp, would Subtlety be good for a 2s setup? Lets say Rogue warrior.

Whitey

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sles&n=Whiteyz

rogue+feral i'd say go for sstep or sdance. the burst that you can dish out is massive. only chance to live through that would be bubble or iceblock
    rogue+war uhm well chances are your war gets gibbed while you sneak up to your target
    pve: sub is dead

FYI: (PVP) Shadowstep was the most fun I've ever had playing a rogue, and when played well you can beat anyone.

PVE : NO!

What Doom said. Even if it weren't effective shadowstep would still be the most FUN spec. Come on, you can freaking teleport! How can you argue with that?

But as for the math yeah I dunno, I just played for maximum WOOHOO factor in my times of roguery.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey235
    So, in the whole grand theme of things, is Subtlety going to be a spec that could be useful in arena or pve? It just seems a very small percent uses Subtlety. I am new to the rogue community and have only tried Subtlety once. Mostly just use the cookie cutter rogue build.

For pvp, would Subtlety be good for a 2s setup? Lets say Rogue warrior.

Whitey

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sles&n=Whiteyz
    Any time you run double DPS you run the risk of someone getting insta-gibbed. That in mind, find a partner who can dish out enough pressure to help augment your tactic. Warriors are decent (against other rogues he'll at least be able to get out of Sap on demand without blowing his trinket). Casters would be a no-go. SPriest Rogue is more about control than burst. A warlock would rely too much on you to peel instead of PEWPEW.

Probably another Rogue or a Feral, IMO. Decent control, exceptional burst, melee-oriented. Hell, if you make a habit out of Sprinting out of the gates to get off a Sap in the first few seconds, Ret could provide a substantial amount of burst.

I would avoid a Death Knight. Their damage gets more backloaded with every patch. You need something or someone to help you decide the fight in the first few seconds, not the last few minutes.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...XlnQ,pXr,10522

you dont need Initiatve because when you premed/shadowstep/ambush the poor bastard your going to have full CP's anyways.. ready for a massive eviscerate of doom.. ahh yeah.. nothing like hammering a 10k ambush than a 8-9k eviscerate on Allies with all their pvp gear on. I don't care what anyone says, I cut through suckers with their pvp on gear all the time, plate/mail/leather it doesn't matter, they will need some serious life support by the time I'm done my assault. If they survive hit them with a Hemo and backstab the shit out of them. some people might say "oh well this website or spreadsheet BS said not to use daggers with Hemo" but they are fucking stupid and haven't tried it. the entire point of Sub is for daggers, they didn't give all these things for reduced ambush/backstab costs for nothing, and by not using Ambush and backstab your just cheating yourself.

Waylay is hands down one of the most evil talents a guy could have.

Bg's is where the REAL fights happen. Fylthy Tricks helps that much more for Bg's, Prep will be up in no time and you can always hit that Raging Warrior before battle with a Tot and watch the bloody chunks fly ! Tot is good like that and I see a lot of rogues only using it on other rogues, well if there isn't a rogue around hit the next best thing, after all it is a TEAM battle ( I know there is an M and E in team but still..)
    Strap on your shields and raise your banners, Hear the call of raging battle
    Beneath a hail of burning arrows
    Push ever forward, never surrender
    Siege weapons tolling out like thunder, Ripping the city walls asunder
    Columns of flame reach ever skyward
    Horizons filled with burning pyres

yeh i play sub its awesome fun, as for the 'skill' side of things it kind of depends on how you want to play. most of the time if they have les that 20k HP a simple:

prep+ambush+KS+Ambush+Ambush+Evis

does the trick, tho you can only do that once a minute. so people who run around with their dagger trying hemmo people once they've blown their ShD, generally think sub is lacking. since if you dont kill them with that initial burst, you have nothing left.

tho 1 or 2 macros can change the style of play hardout.
    the 1st one being..

#showtooltip Hemorrhage
    /equipslot 16 NAME OF WEAPON
    /cast Hemorrhage
    /startattack

so basicly when you use hemo it switches to your big slow mace so you hit like a truck and build combo points for the 5 point evis. CS+Hemo+Hemo+(finishing move of choice), then you can evasion/disarm while you pool your energy for this:

#showtooltip Shadow Dance
    /equipslot 16 NAME OF DAGGER
    /cast Shadow Dance
    /swapactionbar 2

in which then you can unleash a spray of ambushes in a kidney shot (provided you didnt use it earlier). it really doesnt matter the order, you do what ever you think, dependeding on your targets remaining life. you can even finish the last shot of ShD as a cheapshot because your mace will automaticly switch when you hemmo during the stun.

the best part is that i can still put out sweet damage without blowing ShD. dont listen to the angry little guy above me saying you have to hemmo with daggers, hes the guy that ambushes me, pops ShD, i trinket and spin for the gouge until his ShD runs out. why blow a vanish or a blind on someone who going to be hitting you for 1-2k hemmos.

mut is cool and all but theres just not as many options, mute is your nuke, end of story, you open with CS+KS end of story (excepting for plate), use 2 daggers 24/7 end of story. i personally like to try heaps of different ways of killing people blowing little or no cooldowns, even if i get whooped trying, its still more fun that same-ol-same-ol of mut.

hope this helped.
    go ShS.

I like to use:

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...21350105031000

This is very nice burst damage and also feels like assassination but with more mobility.