Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Divine Sac. change nerf or buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace
    Why do you guys keep saying raid? It says party. As in that crap thing they did with shaman cleanse totems way back when. Have fun stacking a raid with 5 Paladins who see a point in spec'n into anymore.

Prot Paladins will still use it. Some rets will not anymore, not like they're being braught to the raid anyways and holy Paladins mighttt use this now oh great buff.
    holy paladins alrdy are specing into this if they are any good ret is 50/50 and only prot paladins that were droped on their head as a baby grab it
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketSaturos
    Speaking from a Holy Pally PoV, I only picked up the talent for the buff to Sacred Shield. If it doesn't effect that spell anymore, I dont see the reason to pick it up for the spec.
    they are not changing the buff to sacred shield no worrys

We usually have 3-non Prot Paladins in our raids so even with this change thats 3 groups out of 5 that will greatly benefit from Divine Sac. I think it is still a great talent to pick up for both Ret, and Holy.

I think I'll wait until I see the new DS in action on the PTR before I say anything about it. It's great that it actually has a clear tooltip now...only time will tell if it's worth grabbing over Aura Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace
    Why do you guys keep saying raid? It says party. As in that crap thing they did with shaman cleanse totems way back when. Have fun stacking a raid with 5 Paladins who see a point in spec'n into anymore.
    The damage redirection is the only thing being party wide. The Divine Guardian talent however is being changed to offer a static 20% damage reduction raidwide as long as Divine Sacrifice remains up.

This is why people are suggesting putting the paladin in a party all by themselves. Since there wont be any party members to absorb damage from, DSac will last it's FULL duration and thus give the raid 20% damage reduction for the entire 10 seconds.

That said, the talent is still extremely powerful wether you use this workaround or not.

Pros:
    -It allows Prot Paladins who never really used it anyway an opportunity to use it now since bubbling was never an option for them.
    -Decouples the ability from Divine Shield so it an be every 2 mins instead of every 5
    -Significantly reduces the likelyhood that you will get instagibbed upon using it.

Cons:
    -Party based restriction flies in the face of everything the developers have put in place to prevent raid stacking and the vast majority of Player X has to be in Group Y raid secnarios.
    -Promotes sticking the paladin in a gropu all by their lonesome.
    -LoL Heroic 25 Twins