Poll: Shadow Bite?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: About the change of Shadow Bite

The way I see see it is affliction suffers dps-wise because it incurs a much larger penalty than any other spec/class from mobile boss encounters. Losing haunt on a target cripples our dps for two rotations while every other class can pick up dpsing without any loss. Cant say I wouldnt mind it if we did get a 15% damage increase on every dot but it isnt necessary. The only thing affliction needs is an increase to burst for pvp... which should come from new shadowbolt talents placed in the affliction tree (maybe even a haunt increase as well)
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

I hope affliction won't be so far behind anymore. I always wanted to play with a felpup, simply because so many dispellers are simply too slow or occupied ^^...
    Even if Affliction is probably still lagging behind, dispelling from another source than the healers often would remove a ton of pressure from the healers. (Thinking about council hm for example, or jaraxxus if a fel fireball should get through)
    Even if a dps class would dispell, they'd lose a fair bit of damage or might not be able to instantly dispell because of a gcd... So, it's a nice bonus to have a "free" dispell in my opinion that's worth quiet a dps loss, at least for me

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamoth
    ...or jaraxxus if a fel fireball should get through...
    How do you do that? Do you make a macro that devours magic from yourself? And then mash it if you get hot feet...

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris
    How do you do that? Do you make a macro that devours magic from yourself? And then mash it if you get hot feet...
    Pretty much. It just depends on the encounter, how much you trust your dispellers, and how much they trust you.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacheryah2
    sorry, i was referring to raiders and not casuals
    You seem to be under the impression that guilds cannot clear content unless everyone is geared and spec'd exactly like the World First guilds.

Just because a spec pulls 5% less DPS than another spec, doesn't mean it's terrible, obsolete, and you can't clear content. No one in their right mind would kick a raider from a raiding guild if they attended every raid, pulled decent DPS, never died in fires, always brought consumables, and was fun in vent, just because they're not the cookie-cutter DPS build.

If you've ever been When you were kicked from a every raiding guild, I promise you it was more than your spec that pissed off your Raid Leaders.

If 5% DPS was the difference between a Raid spot and a GKick, raids wouldn't even recruit Warlocks. Not when they could have Arcane Mages instead.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    If 5% DPS was the difference between a Raid spot and a GKick, raids wouldn't even recruit Warlocks. Not when they could have Arcane Mages instead.
    Win.

R.I.P. YARG

@rfarris

/use [target=targettarget]Devour Magic

Would probably be the easiest way to dispel your tank, though Lord J does swap targets a lot when he hits you with debuffs and fel lightning, you could set the tank as a focus target and use

/use [target=focus]Devour Magic

Or

/use [target=tankname]Devour Magic

For yourself
    /use [target=player]Devour Magic

Or you could just target the target and spam the button on your pet's action bar.

>> though to be reliable with a 2s CD on Shadowbite, you'd have to 1) manually press shadowbite every 2s or disable it if you were really worried about dispelling with your Felhunter, due to your pet's GCD.