Herioc 25 - Faction Champions

Hey all,

We recently got to herioc 25 man FC and we're struggling a lot more then I think we should. We're a pretty good guild (8/9 uld HMs; our 10 man has Tribute chests + Herald of the Titans) But for some reason we're not making much progress on this boss fight. I thought maybe i'd come here for strategy help or something

We're using the Tankspots strat of 1to1 CC ratio to keep people who aren't the kill target locked down. Our comp for this week is

Resto shammy
    Dis Preist
    Resto druid
    Warrior
    Rogue
    Ret pally
    Hunter
    Spreist
    Mage
    DK

We've been trying to get the melee out of the raid with the 4 "OTs" we have on melee (warrior/rogue/ret and DK) and 2-3 CCers on the ranged and a rogue on the disc preist and a warlock on the resto druid (banish/fear).

Even with all this it seems that people are getting one shot, from 90% of the time it seems like melee damage. I'm wondering if maybe it would be better to pull the kill target out and try to keep the melee where they spawn (on the horde side). Or if anyone has any better suggestions i'd love to hear them

Thanks much

-Pask

Re: Herioc 25 - Faction Champions

I usually pair up cc's 2 and 2 - the key is to have them on separate diminishings - so pair up warlock/mage - mage/druid. This way the druid can cyclone/root the warrior while poly/nova is on DR - hope you get the point.

We are running with 2 tanks in 25 we have them controlling healers and calling out who the meele are targetting. Also have your dk's put up chains of ice on focus target and select the one of the meele.

It's all about surviving until you can get 2 of the healers down.

Tell your raid to go into pvp-mode. Use fears / stuns / disarm the meele (they don't hurt at all when disarmed) traps.

Getting above 25k hp isn't such a bad idea either, using the +170 sta trinket from brewfest + pvp trinket isn't such a bad combo.

Also have the DK's deathgrip the target you are killing as far away from the other champions is a good idea, it lowers the risk of getting gibs by the meele and it makes it harder for the other champion healers to reach with their heals.

Hope it helps, good luck!

it's probably the easiest fight there.. Have druids/dk always on melee (You can spam cyclone/root endlessly and keep chaining/dg them out of the raid), have your rogues (if you have any), standing on ranged dps (yea not healers), they can interrupt/stun/dismantle/blind them (i personally like spriest and hunter as rogue), have your tanks on the holy pala if he's up, and lock/wars on the not cced healers.
    Tips:
    Keep frost traps down as often as possible
    Spam mass dispell
    Have 1 or 2 ppl assigned only on dispell/decurse
    Have someone assigned to purge/steal hots
    The people that are assigned to cc should NEVER go dpsing as soon as their target is up.
    If something goes wrong on melee cc, thell your dps to run away from them, they shouldn't be an issue at all.

Kill order makes no difference, we prefered to burn down the priest asap follower by the hunter (hunter is the only one that doesn't suffer from slow/dispells) and than the rest, someone prefer to kill melee first, but if ppl that are supposed to cc/slow them are good enough, they shouldn't be a problem for the whole fight.

PS:
    We didn't use any resilience for this fight, if cc is good the horde damage will me extemely low.

Why would you ever put someone dedicated on spriest? He's the most harmless of them all.

P.S. Killing shaman first is advisable, since his totems are providing a sick boost to everyone else.

actually I find the spriset having the best burst aside from the hunter ( ranged)

Quote Originally Posted by Saliz
    Why would you ever put someone dedicated on spriest? He's the most harmless of them all.

P.S. Killing shaman first is advisable, since his totems are providing a sick boost to everyone else.
    While the shadow priest does not have quite the burst like the hunter or the rogue, his DoTs tick inredibly hard. Of course they should be dispelled instantly but stuff like UA or people being needed to heal can delay the dispel and then ticks of 6-8k can mean an instant death if this person gets aggro of anything.

Also, about the shaman. We usually have 2 rogues assigned to lock down one healer each and the guy locking down the shaman can easily kill the totems as well. Healers don't have quite the priority in our kill order as they heal for close to nothing with good rogues on them.

For example, for the setup posted above, we'd most likely have it similiar to this:
    Kill order:
    Hunter -> Rogue, then either go for another DPS like the Paladin or kill the discipline priest (hardest healer to control as rogue since he is fearing once every 20-30 seconds). Then the rogue who got free will take care of the shadow priest and keep his damage limited. Rest of the kill order doesn't really matter as the fight should be won by now if you didn't have too many dead people yet.

CC:
    1 Rogue -> Discipline priest
    1 Rogue -> Resto Shaman (killing totems, too)
    1 Warlock -> Resto Druid
    And then, depending on your raid setup, you have to assign pairs (which got explained by another poster before like mage / druid, mage / warlock or also hunters with trap and sting work quite well) to the melees. People who were not assigned can then CC mage / shadow when they see them roaming but not with fixed rotations most likely. Yet, the most important thing is to MOVE when you get focused and everyone has to keep this in mind. The best CC of the world won't save you if you keep standing there while getting your ass kicked by melees.

Deleted

the trick with this encounter is that FCs will aggro the person who uses CC on them, since taunt is not working like it's on normal version for 3-5 sec
    if you have some shamans in raid, make sure they keep dropping Grounding and Earthbinding totems, they help alot, and maybe Tremor wouldn't be a bad idea too
    make sure too that you use Mass dispell once they pop heroism, and have purgers for bubbles and HoTs
    of course, you must take into account that they have pvp trinkets, so be careful, once the CCer get's target my his cced target and don't forget about deminishing return effect
    also, make sue that you have enough interrupters on healers, since one interrupt can save you like 150k extra health

as for how to kill them obe after a nother, we wentlike this:

1. disc priest
    2. ehn shaman
    3. warrior
    4. rogue
    5. hunter
    6. dk
    7. healadin
    8. warlock
    9. resto druid
    10. shadow priest

in you case, it would be better to kill retardin before warrior and mage last

I guess everyone does it differently. For example, we kill shaman first all the time, no matter if it's resto or enh, followed by rogue, ret, hunter, warrior, etc. We use DKs and tanks to control all the melees. We pay no attention whatsoever to casters like mage, spriest, moonkin, etc. A shaman usually focuses the lock to interrupt hellfires and another one shocks the spriest if he feels like it, but that's all and we have yet to wipe on FC since the first week heroic mode was implemented.