Poll: Should the conquest emblem drops be upgraded to triumpf next patch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Upgrading raid embelms, again ?

Im not here to troll or anything. Im just wondering what people think about Blizzards plan to upgrading the emblem drops, again ?

The current plan is to make Emblems of Triumph the "base" of emblems so everything that drops Emblems of Conquest would be changed to Triumph and then the new raid content would drop the new highest emblem along with things like the heroic daily and such.
    - Chloe
    Chloe - Raid leader of <The Titans> X @ Deathwing EU

Re: Upgrading raid embelms, again ?

Good move from blizz keeping the heroics 1 step under the raids allowing for anyone that has the skill to raid, to raid.

And new raid emblems are great aswell ofc, letting people get a few pieces of gear when they arn't lucky but still very active for their guild.

10+ Year Old Account

It's really not a big deal.

Casuals can get the T9 gear now, it just takes a long time.

All Blizzard is doing is speeding it up. Your precious gear from the ToC raid is still safe. Us casuals can only get the "low-end" T9 set and a couple rings or ranged slot items.

Your epeen is safe "hardcore" players.

Crap! Now I have to exchange emblems of triumph for conquest for valor for heroism so I can buy gems to put in my T10 gear. >

Quote Originally Posted by zalz
    Good move from blizz keeping the heroics 1 step under the raids allowing for anyone that has the skill to raid, to raid.

And new raid emblems are great aswell ofc, letting people get a few pieces of gear when they arn't lucky but still very active for their guild.
    this, I have 2 alts and main at 80, I flat out do not have time to gear all three through continous raiding and this emblem change has been a blessing. people qqing saying scrubs can get the same gear they have need to get off their high horse and stop being butt hurt over pixels and game data

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    Crap! Now I have to exchange emblems of triumph for conquest for valor for heroism so I can buy gems to put in my T10 gear. >
    just an fyi, you can shift click the icon to do multiples

Honestly, I liked when they changed it to Conquest and now Triumph. I would rather NOT run Nax/Ulduar over and over on my alts in pugs hoping to get gear. If I can run heroics for triumphs, so be it
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    Nevertheless you have to click through 4 Vendors just to buy 1 gem, annoys me all the time
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

in my opinion it wouldn't be fair to players that did raid to get them when after 3-4 months u can see every1 runnign around like an headless chicken happy for his new shiny t9 got from heroics.
    ( and see this players w/o experience apply just because they have a decente easy to get gear ) :S

Quote Originally Posted by Ramuh
    Nevertheless you have to click through 4 Vendors just to buy 1 gem, annoys me all the time
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=35790#sells
    1 VENDOR

Being a casual player, obviously I don't mind this change. It makes it easier for me to match my gear to my experience without having to commit to 2-3 raid days per week. I have school, work and a social life to attend to and consequently this is just entertainment for me.

I think it's a good feature for people like me and I also think it's fair compared to serious and dedicated players, simply because they will still have a great advantage compared to players like me. Take the current situation for example: Conquest items will bring in iLvl226 items and Triumph, iLvl 232-245, but in a more moderate amount, due to the fact that they are more limited to casual players (mainly thinking VoA and Onyxia). Dedicated raiders will bring in items ranging between 245 and 258 in every item slot, depending on luck of course. They will still have a great gear advantage against those who rely on emblem items and their luck in some odd 4 pugs a week.

Come ICC, 5-man instance will bring in iLvl 232 and Triumph will open to the possibility of getting full T9 for casual players, however they will of course also introduce new emblems, Frozen Emblems if I'm not mistaken, which most likely will drop in raids, limiting their accessibility for casual players. ICC 10/25 will most likely range between iLvl 245/258-272 (just my rough estimate, no real info on that yet), which obviously still provides raiders with an advantage in gear and stats.

I think it's too early to say this is only good or bad - people complained about the Conquest emblems, but in reality, it proved to be a good change for casual players and people with alts, whereas raiders kept their advantage in gear.

I welcome the change and remain happy with the fact that this game still offers some entertainment to the casual player.

- Alorn of Frostmane (EU)

Thank God there is another thread about this. The other 1982305329753298 threads just weren't enough...
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

It would be nice, but in no way necessary.

What I would say, is consider increasing the daily heroic emblem reward, and making the 25-man raids drop Triumph.

In all honesty, if they are going through with this change, definitely up the difficulty of the new 5-mans (heroic mode of course) to reflect it. I don't want to get full Tier-9 and then steam-roll through them, I want them to be balanced for people with a gear level of around 226-232.

Keep in mind, in order to get the level 245 gear, you still have to run ToC-25. Only the 232 gear is available with emblems. So you're probably not going to go Heroics > ICC-25, it'll be more like Heroics > ICC-10/ToC-25 > ICC-25 > ICC-Hard Modes.

I think its a nice change.
    People with the skill\dedication can get the gear they want to join hardcore raiding, without painfully dragging themself through all the cleared content to get those few pieces they need. The hardcore people will anyways be one\two steps ahead nomatter aslong as end-raid gives 1 tier higher quantity emblems
    "Well you know what they say...if at first you don't succeed, rez the guy who died trying."

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    jesus holy fucking crap.
    and I'm changing my emblems of conquest to buy 2 1hand weapons for my shaman alt. shoulders. chest. and a twohander for the first 39 level. ONE BY ONE.
    and that was not the first time I got some heirlooms.

holy crap. why the hell haven't told me that someone a littlebit earlier.

dear lord....

5 years of WoW, by far the greatest theorycrafter in our guild, and still learning something like THAT. wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    jesus holy fucking crap.
    and I'm changing my emblems of conquest to buy 2 1hand weapons for my shaman alt. shoulders. chest. and a twohander for the first 39 level. ONE BY ONE.
    and that was not the first time I got some heirlooms.

holy crap. why the hell haven't told me that someone a littlebit earlier.

dear lord....

5 years of WoW, by far the greatest theorycrafter in our guild, and still learning something like THAT. wtf.
    lol I had 80 conquest I wanted exchanged to heroism, so I know your pain. I qq'd in trade and someone pointed that out.

or just one vendor. God bless those goblins

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=35790

How do you mis-spell Triumph in the poll as 'triumpf' when the correct spelling is in your quote?

15+ Year Old Account

http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=GI6fAA&search=Trumpf
    german version of "trump" in a card game, for example.

sounds very similar, I make that misspell by myself from time to time

Do a small amount of pvp every week and get the honor to buy the epic gems. Problem solved
    "Don't drink and WoW, you'll shard your purples!"