Is replacing Heroic TOC helm worth while?

I am a long time reader but a first time poster. I recently re-rolled and leveled to 80 my warlock and have been casually gearing him up.

Just had a question on whether or not it would be worth while to buy the Conquest badge helm to replace the heroic TOC helm to get the 2 pc t8 bonus as I already have 2 pc t9.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...us&n=Ironnhide

I realize I have many other upgrades to go, I was just wondering about the helm situation.

Cheers
    Ironnhide

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Is replacing Heroic TOC helm worth while?

Yes.

R.I.P. YARG

All I needed, thanks.

I've got three pieces of T8.5 gear, and I also have the H-ToC helm, too. I switch that in and out depending on the group/raid composition. If I get the hit-buff I wear the T8.5 helm. Typically, though, in heroics I wear the H-ToC helm. I also have a couple of capes. One with hit, one without. Same deal.

I had just been looking at gear charts and from the ones I have seen the Heroic TOC Helm seemed to rank much higher then the T8.5 helm. Of course it doesn't take into account that you have another piece for the set bonus . I already have a fair amount of hit that it wouldn't really hurt to lose it by using the tier helm. The rest is a work in progress as my haste is drastically low.

Thanks for the input, any criticism is appreciated good or bad.

If you mess around with a spreadsheet you'll see that the Gaze of the Unknown is only ranked so high until you get hit-capped. At that point it falls way down in the ratings.

I'm going to have to mess around with my gear this weekend because I expect to acquire both the T9 shoulders and the Merlin's Robe. It's a continuous balancing act.