Black Magic testing on the PTR

Going off of:

Enchanting

* Enchant Weapon - Black Magic: This enchantment now sometimes increases haste rating for the caster rather than inflicting the caster’s target with a damage-over-time effect. It is also now triggered by landing any harmful spell rather than inflicting damage with a spell.
    Is the uptime of black magic sufficient, in a standard damage cycle, or could we possibly keep black magic up more often by hitting wind shear every time it's off CD?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Black Magic testing on the PTR

I could test it but I probably won't get back to you till tonight (that's 3-4 hours)

Plus Elemental isn't my thing.. I'm a Enhance/Resto kinda guy.

It sounds like a good dps+ enchant though.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    Going off of:

Is the uptime of black magic sufficient, in a standard damage cycle, or could we possibly keep black magic up more often by hitting wind shear every time it's off CD?

Tested it, pretty sure it does NOT procc from wind shear.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Tested it, pretty sure it does NOT procc from wind shear.
    I copied that from the patch notes update from yesterday. Would that change have necessarily hit the PTR yet?

Elementium, I'm talking strictly for enhance purposes. I too, am an enhance/resto kinda guy.

i havent bothered even thinking about another enchant enhancement-wise up till now.

how much haste rating does it provide?
    is it a ppm? if so, what´s the hidden cooldown and what´s the duration?
    if not what´s the proc chance and assumed uptime for enhancement

haste is pretty good for us with better gear so it´s worth asking is guess ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Black magic provides 250 haste rating, for 10 seconds, with a 35 second internal CD. Some of the guys who have tested it, have found it to pop almost every time it's up, so 10 seconds w/ the buff, 26.5 seconds w/o, 10 with, 26.5 w/o, etc.

If you didn't see the other thread about it, two black magics won't work.

My question is simply if wind shear is intended to trigger it.

i dont think wind shear is count as a harmful damage lol. since it doesnt do any damage :P. but i believe u enhance guys use more earth shock (which is undoubtly a harmful spell lol).

Deleted

Black magic provides 250 haste rating, for 10 seconds, with a 35 second internal CD. Some of the guys who have tested it, have found it to pop almost every time it's up, so 10 seconds w/ the buff, 26.5 seconds w/o, 10 with, 26.5 w/o, etc.

If you didn't see the other thread about it, two black magics won't work.

My question is simply if wind shear is intended to trigger it.
    Thanks to what you wrote I can state:
    It really, REALLY, does NOT procc from Wind Shear. I tested for about a minute or so, only using Wind Shear and didn't have a single procc. Then I used one Flame Shock and BOOM instant procc. So yes, it does not procc from Wind Shear.
    And I highly doubt that Blizzard will change that.

Deleted

If it procs off the DoT element of FS and assuming we are still using FS, then we should be forcing the proc on pretty much every cd.

I tested it and it proc every 35 sec(that it's cd) it's gonna be BiS offhand enchant for enh for sure tho. and btw it's proc off pretty much every spell lightingbolt shocks even lighting shield... and flametogue weapon so it is up every time it's off cd

Edit well poop i tryed BMx2 and it shares cd /cry

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Thanks to what you wrote I can state:
    It really, REALLY, does NOT procc from Wind Shear. I tested for about a minute or so, only using Wind Shear and didn't have a single procc. Then I used one Flame Shock and BOOM instant procc. So yes, it does not procc from Wind Shear.
    And I highly doubt that Blizzard will change that.
    Yeah, my only reason for wondering, was the timing of the updated wording. It made me think that perhaps Blizz was going to change it, so that any spell that would qualify for a [harm] modifier would work. I'd agree that this was wishful thinking on my part.

If the FS ticks will trigger black magic, then all I can say is "SCHWEET!"

@ Zoeyx: Dude, we just said two of them didn't work. Where've you BEEN, man? :P

Yeah, my only reason for wondering, was the timing of the updated wording. It made me think that perhaps Blizz was going to change it, so that any spell that would qualify for a [harm] modifier would work. I'd agree that this was wishful thinking on my part.

If the FS ticks will trigger black magic, then all I can say is "SCHWEET!"

@ Zoeyx: Dude, we just said two of them didn't work. Where've you BEEN, man? :P
    Haha sorry didt see that =( and you should not use flame shock imo!

edit Jesus@ your fucking hit bro

My hit? 489 is nothing. If I pop in pyrite infuser (which sims better for me, for any fight lasting at least 4 minutes, which is most all), I hit 584 hit. My best sim atm, would have me spend 50 badges to buy the 128 hit/1084 AP trinket, and match it with my 128 hit/haste trinket. I haven't done it yet, since it's only about a 25 dps increase, whereas saving for 4 piece T9 will be a 200-ish dps increase. The only way I can sim better, trinket-wise, is if I get trinkets like dark matter, comet's trail, or death's choice.