Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A trinket for Ret...

Yesterday night i decided to roll on http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47946 and won it... As of this action there was some whining from the raid ( epsecially death knights ) about haste use and how much more the benefit from it along with the statement that rets dont have spells. My thoughts are that 5 spells are scaling this trinkets use and after some experimenting : exorcism, concecration, holy wrath, judgement and repentance scale this trinket. I can understand that holy wrath and repentance arent useful in many types of Bossfights, but there is a nice rotation when activating the trinket which gives you 6 stacks in 7 Gcds without ignoring any major damaging spells, so its manageable to get 8 stacks pretty quickly. Thats the deal here... Share your thoughts please

Re: A trinket for Ret...

should have given it to someone else, and get Darkmoon card/deaths verdict
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

i do have the darkmoon card and waiting for deaths verdict to drop... http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...inal+Evolution heres a link to me armory in order you to have a more complete view.

Haste isn't all that hot for us and it sounds like you're reworking your rotation in order to get that effect to stack quickly. All in all I bet you're getting very little out of it. On top of that, I can't stand that type of "use" effect on a trinket. I personally wouldn't touch that one.

To be completely honest the rotation is affected very little... i only sacrifice 1 Gcd using repentance whilst a CS is ready and other than that i have all the time to cast that specific CS and carry on the main rotation without sacrificing even 0.5 sec

I honestly don't know why you would want this trinket. There are a lot better trinkets for rets.

and any other class for that matter, but that's besides the point

Death's verdict and dark matter are what I want for my trinkets... they would be simply sinful with stacking huge rolled righteous vengeance crits.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh
    Death's verdict and dark matter are what I want for my trinkets... they would be simply sinful with stacking huge rolled righteous vengeance crits.
    indeed

and yaknow, they stack. i have had both proc at the same time on the PTR, on both paladin and shaman.

edit: was talking about DMC:G and verdict. so far for reading comprehension 101.

edit2: that trinket you got there (OP) is for casters. there are indeed better trinkets.

haste rating is really bad for retardins, only ArP is worse.

say you need to do 10 GCD for the full 8stack, that means you have 5 seconds left with 512 haste rating. the first 15 seconds, it averages out to ((64+512)/2) 288 haste rating. over the total 20 seconds, it averages to (288*15+512*5)/120 or 57 rating passive rating. i think even the mirror of truth is better, even though it has less crit.

Thanks for your feedback,i really appreiate this...I will jump to another solution shortly

#1 it has crit on it = not that good
    #2 the use effect is horrible even if you could get the stacks fast enough (with a proper rotation you can get a max of 3-4 stacks -> useless), because haste just sucks.

- I can't see why you did take those 2 hammer of wrath glyphs, both of them are pretty much useless in any situation. Get Consecration + Exo instead.
    - replace that pure crit gem with Str/Crit and that Stam/Str with a Nightmare's Tear.

15+ Year Old Account

It's a terrible trinket for a Ret (and melee, though DKs could probably get some clunky use out of it) and if I were the Loot Master I'd rather give it to a Healer's OS than a melee DPS. I hope you didn't steal it off a caster otherwise it just seems a lust for loot from you is hurting the raid overall.

Unless it was a PuG and you're just an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    It's a terrible trinket for a Ret (and melee, though DKs could probably get some clunky use out of it) and if I were the Loot Master I'd rather give it to a Healer's OS than a melee DPS. I hope you didn't steal it off a caster otherwise it just seems a lust for loot from you is hurting the raid overall.

As far as I know that trinket is even crap for most casters :>

Even Mirror of Truth is alot better trinket for rets than that. You clearly fail.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by dalsand
    Even Mirror of Truth is alot better trinket for rets than that. You clearly fail.
    Says the ret with hunter boots. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon

Yes they are Best in Slot for rets. Even better than the 258 boots from heroic Anub'Arak 25 man if you are cap'ed on expertise.

Anything else you want to know?

Deleted

Yes they are Best in Slot for rets. Even better than the 258 boots from heroic Anub'Arak 25 man if you are cap'ed on expertise.

Yes. Are you always this tense and serious?

Yes. Are you always this tense and serious?

On a different note, Mirror of Truth really is better than that trinket he picked up.

Proof that this forum sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima

Chill with the flaming, you all awesome and mighty players. If you were a bit smart you would actually read the post before insulting and see that i won it instead of a DK, but No you just see RET and the link to the item and start on. Seriously grow up. Other than that its on people's judgement which items to use and i've got news for you, people DO make mistakes. Anyway i wont be seeing this post anymore so spare your flaming for others. Again, thanks to the guys that actually helped with their posts. Over and out.

The trinket is awful.

Mind if I ask how much dps your BiS gear list from Rawr is pulling? Raidbuffed with bloodlust, so on so on.