[Help] I have problems with my DPS

Hi I would like opinions on why I'm not doing as good DPS as I should be. I have pretty decent gear, with ~400-600 ms and probably ~15 FPS in raids.
    Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ker&n=Thoraine
    I'm way over the soft spell hit cap (even to the point of hitting the hard cap of spell hit), but that'll have to wait till I find a better trinket to replace my Pyrite Infuser(*crosses fingers for Death's Choice*)

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7HOiiE2t71o4nYA3/

As you can see I'm usually below top 10, usually hovering around 13th-15th (excluding Faction Champs) on most fights and I have no idea why.
    My priority rotation is MW5_LB, ES_SS, SS, ES, MT, LS, LL and summoning Feral Spirits when I know they will be up before BL is cast.

Using Enhsim with my latency factored in, says I should push 6.6K DPS on a perfect fight.
    I really hope someone can give me advice on what it is I'm doing wrong and hopefully help me improve my DPS.

Re: I have problems with my DPS

Your dps isn't slacking. You're simply being beaten mostly by raid comp, and fight mechanics.

- You aren't getting the 5% physical crit buff from either rampage, or leader of the pack, as there is no fury war, or feral druid present in the raid. That loss means less procs of all your abilities that proc from crits, which, for an enhance shaman, is huge. It's true that the other melee classes would get a boost from more crit, but I'm betting not to the point that you would.

- Fight mechanics - on twins, I can almost guarantee you that the people who are topping the charts are grabbing the light and dark orbs for the haste and damage increase. On Jaraxxus, you don't do any significant aoe, and you're probably focused on interrupting and/or purging. On Beasts, iirc, the DKs and rogues can do "some" aoe to the snobolds, which will put them ahead of you. Plus, they can have diseases, bleeds, and poison ticking on the boss, while they switch to adds. Looking at Anub, though, you're only 200 dps behind the top guy.

Re: [Help] I have problems with my DPS

I find myself near the top 3 on fights like normal anub and normal jaraxxas, sometimes heroics jaraxxas too.

Fight mechanics and that buff kill shammies. I look at it as a curse, we are lucky that we benefit from almost every buff. However we need every buff to do our best.

The reason I find myself doing well on those fights, is the single target dps. Jaraxxas you dont have to purge if you have smart mages. I may purge the las 1-2 stacks of the buff to save mages mana, but that's about it. They should spell steal it ASAP. Also windshear does nothing to hurt your dps. so hit the button and interrupt. The rest of the fight you get to beat the crap out of the boss. Heroic is the only time melee needs to switch, since killing portals and adds ASAP is more important. On normal, your high damage melee my as well stick to the boss unless ranged has issues taking down the ladies.

Anub normal is really very little aoe and we have our melee stick to the boss at all times. So single target blow up fight. These are the fights you should shine in.

For ideas, look at your uptime more. Also, you gemmed haste A LOT. Haste is a good stat yes, shows up well in slot thread, but read about it more. You have medium-high latency. AP would suit you much better imo. Haste was great for 1 reason in the simm. It is perfect. It hits every button at the exact right time. A human cannot mimic that. Switch some out to aAP+haste or AP imo. Your gear overall isn't bad though you should be pushing 5k at a minimum on any regular boss fight. 4.5k+ on high movement fights with or without the 5% crit.

Also, add flame shock into your priorities. Put it just before ES_SS. ONLY if the dot has run out. Never wait for it to run out and dont clip it. if there is 1 second left on the dot and another ability is up, hit and and get your flame shock in next.

Overall though you do well. You happen to have some good dps in your guild though so you have some good competition.

Deleted

Indeed your world of logs file shows you are missing some buffs you did remember to remove those buffs from the sim when you ran it did you?

If you tell the sim you have a buff and you don't actually have it then you cannot expect results to be close.

Thanks for the advice. I'll think about swapping the haste gems out for AP(which I used to gem for, but suddenly became "obsolete" sometime after TOC came out) I'll add Flame Shock into my rotation and see how it goes. Do I replace my WF glyph with glyph of FS?

Levva may answer the FS glyph better than I. I am unfortunately still running T8 4pc, need 2 more trophies before I can switch out to 4pc T9 and my chest.

I personally use the flame shock glyph, I seem to get ok results on my crits from it. However WF and lightening shield both hold their own against it. Lightening shield would be worth more in T9, IMO especially since it eats up your SS charges anyway.

WF is still good. I am not up to date on the latest build of enhsim, so I am unsure if the glyph can be tested yet. In my own tests on a target dummy, the FS critting gave me more dps than the WF glyph. This was only self buffed though, not raid buffed.

So for that one, unfortunately you have to test for yourself.

For what it is worth the FAQ states the glyph is not better. Just my personal testing showed it to be a dps increase for me, maybe not for others.

Also, this might not be the appropriate topic to ask, but I read Levva's post on EJ
    The bottom line here is that EP values are currently not what they once were. Back in the olden days we were able to state this is the EP values for T1, T2 etc. Even up to T6 gear we were able to give fairly sensible static values for EP so it was dead easy to compare gear you simply multiplied up the stats and compared two EP totals.

Then came WotLK and haste effects. Over the last year it has become painfully apparent that we cannot give a fixed set of EP values and hence the oft repeated mantra "You have to sim it for yourself". EP values were removed from the TTT and the mantra firmly took its place. Yet still people clinged to the notion that they could simply multiply up the stats to compare two items. Worse still people still cling to the ooohh stat X has > 2 EP I better "stack" that stat. This usually led to wild re-gemming/re-enchanting for the new stat costing hundreds of gold, often with disappointing results.

Now we are gradually coming to the realisation that doing any form of EP value stat comparison is really quite a bad idea given the current volatility of haste etc. The biggest issue is that the amount of effort it takes to work out how best to set up your gear. To setup the sim for multiple runs takes a lot of calculation. Doing this manually is a pain as it takes ages to switch around even a gem or two and re-run the results, Rawr's export helps of course and takes the tedium out of it and reduces the opportunity for errors to slip in. The other option is Rawr's optimiser and this is amazing, the issue is that the underlying calculations are decent but not as sound or as thorough as EnhSim.

So what to do? Personally I've given up entirely on using EP values. What I do is to use Rawr to predict optimisation of current gear and then CHECK the suggestion using Export to EnhSim. The ability of Rawr to hone in on a best setup is wonderful, if only EnhSim could have this feature or I could get Rawr to make a call to EnhSim as a dll so that its optimiaser was using EnhSim to calc the dps.

Perhaps this is a longer term goal? Add an option to EnhSim for a direct API call and provide a EnhSim.dll compiled from the current code. Then in Rawr I could add an option that the optimiser would make an API call with the config it wanted to test. The big issue is that it would take upwards of several hours to run. Rawr's optimiser runs several thousand possible combos of gear to find an optimal set. Running the sim a few thousand times even with a low 1000h config is going to take ages.
    So I'm confused. What are EPs good for and should I or should I not follow what Enhsim tells me to gem(Haste sims above 2 EP, that's why I gemmed for it) Not questioning Levva's statement but I wanted to clarify this before regemming for AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoraine
    Also, this might not be the appropriate topic to ask, but I read Levva's post on EJ
    So I'm confused. What are EPs good for and should I or should I not follow what Enhsim tells me to gem(Haste sims above 2 EP, that's why I gemmed for it) Not questioning Levva's statement but I wanted to clarify this before regemming for AP.
    Levva's had the best explanation of EP that I've ever seen. The short version is that EP values are only a guide, and not a determinant. You want to change your gems/enchants/gear based off of how the DPS sims out. So, you tinker around with different gear sets in Rawr, and export those sets to Enhsim, and see how the dps sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoraine
    EP values still hold their place in determining the direction of stat to go just not to the extreme of completely regemming from a single run saying stat X is valued at 2.7. For instance, you said you had haste return an EP over 2. What I would do in this situation is run the dps sim before changing anything to get some base numbers. After you have that figure change 1 of your lower EP stat gems to a haste gem and rerun the dps sim to see if their is truly a gain or a loss. Haste is a very finicky stat that can't just be dumped on for optimal results. There is a fine line in balancing your stats where removing AP for haste in some scenarios where lower your dps and others will raise it. Make your changes small and each time rerun the dps sim to see what the results are based on that change.

Re: I have problems with my DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    - Fight mechanics - on twins, I can almost guarantee you that the people who are topping the charts are grabbing the light and dark orbs for the haste and damage increase.
    Myself(Ret Paladin) and our Blood DK top this fight. We sit our asses in one spot and don't worry about orbs. Just sayin..

People beating you on this fight are likely classes with cleave effects that can't be bothered to get orbs.