10+ Year Old Account

Enhance - Question about DPS

Hey - I got some questions and I didnt know where else to post to ask them none of the previous topics looked like a good place.

So anyways. I'm running Enhancment and I cant manage to break 2.5k So I thought you know - maybe I'm doing something wrong.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...2&n=Quiescence

This is my armory.
    My Rotation is Drop totems ( Str, Magma,Healing, and WF )
    I have WFW on my main hand and FT on my Off.
    open with SS, ES, LL, ES, LL SSagain if charges are gone - Of course hitting Chain Lightning when I get MW up to 5 stacks and refreshing Magma totems when they are down.

Now my gears not like Uber or anything but - I just though I should be doing more is all.

Re: Enhance - Question about DPS

You should not be using CL unless it's on trash pulls with multiple mobs, and even then, it's situational.

Basically, Enhance DPS is a priority system.

Feral Spirits, LB w/ MW5, ES w/ SS, SS, ES, LS, MT, LL

Apparently it's good to use FS in there somewhere but I haven't really adapted over to it yet.

As for your gear, stop gemming for Agi. Considering a large portion of your DPS (ES and LB) are spells, they aren't affected by Agi, so it's terrible to gem for it. As for you, since you are way over the hit cap, you should be gemming expertise. The cap is 25/25, which is about 141 pts IIRC (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I think that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thehoodie
    The cap is 25/25,
    I think that's about it.
    26/26

well looking at your armory, you have alot of hit rating, about 150 over the cap of 350 so maybe you could get some gear or a trinket that was more useful, i cant see anything wrong with your rotation.

if you're planning on raid you need you hit 26/26 expertise, thats 140 rating.

otherwise its probably just a gear issue and you should just farm emblems from heroics

10+ Year Old Account

350 is the Hit Cap ??!?? Really ?? WTF I was told by serveral ppl, and I've read on several Forums that it was 420, granted I realize that my 505 is still over capped but its just cause I got a couple new peices of gear that had the Hit Rateing on them already.

So if I'm not suppose to Gem AGI - What am I suppose to gem for ? SP since I use mostly spells for Dmg ? That would just seem silly. But I suppose if its the way things work then I will. But I didnt think that was right.

Yeah well I'll get rid of the Mark of the War Prisioner, I only had it for the Hit. So that frees up some room for other stuff, and I can take a few Gems out when I have the money to replace them.

I'll see if I can get some more Expertise since thats a big thing even though I didnt realize it was. I have a little already I think.
    and I will try useing LB instead of CL - so thank you

Get Moar Mail. Int= AP
    Leather Melee gear has no Int.
    At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

10+ Year Old Account

yeah I'm aware its got no INT - But its the best thing I had avaliable at the time. It was that or stay in Greens =P

But It will be Mail after I get enough Badges to start getting stuff from the vendors =)

I just got an Enh shammy to 80, and I can easily do over 3k, sometimes more with alot of raid buffs, in about the same gear you have.

Priority is always 5 stack maelstrom weapon Lightning Bolt
    Then Earth Shock if there are SS charges
    SS if charges are not up
    Earth Shock if SS is on CD even if there are no SS charges
    Then LL

Also, always make sure to pop cooldowns as often as possible, and make sure anytime you have a break inbetween spells refresh your Lightnining Shield. There's been times in raids I can't break 3k and then realize that I haven't refreshed my lightning shield for a while.. so yeah it's important.

As for Gear/Spec, RED slots you ALWAYS want to gem pure Attack Power, suitable for yellow sockets is AP/Crit, or AP/Hit if you're undercap, and a +All Stats or AP/Stam to fill your blue gem requirement.

As for all the hit rating you have.. you're even over what you said at 420 but you still have pure hit rating gems? wtf? Hit cap for Draenei is about 350, if you include the Imp Faerie Fire/Misery that you would usually have in a large raid. Hitting around 400 isn't bad though if you can't help it.

For Glyphs, I use Stormstrike, Feral Spirit (It only applies to a CD ability but it really helps overall DPS), and Lightning Shield. The LL is a decent sub for Lightning Shield, I just got the LS one at 80 because it doesn't scale off weapon damage, and at the time my weapons were shitty, and it's much nicer in PvP where you actually will use up charges from getting hit instead of only via static shock. but imo Windfury glyph is crap. An extra 2% chance on any hit that lands outside the 3 sec internal CD on WF?

Good Luck and have fun!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&cn=Sephkka

i think its 420 if you're a hordie with no dranei heroic presence,

Hit rating is as follows for Draenei's:
    16% - 420 no raid buffs (Heroics for ex.)
    13% - 341 with a shadow priest or boomkin.

You're missing A LOT of enchants like weapon and helm which are very important.
    If you're in a raid with an sp or boom, definitely drop your hit trinket.

Pop Wolves on every boss (heroics) or every CD (raids).

Get ShockAndAwe, it tells you the next attack you should use and is incredibly useful for reminding about lightning shield and 5x MS.

Searing totem instead of Magma maybe ? I use Searing, Magma requires the mobs be near it, which rarely happens (most tanks can't stand the f**k still :P).

Magma totem is still a boost over Searing totem though, if your tanks aren't fidgeting with impatience 24/7

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail
    350 is the Hit Cap ??!?? Really ?? WTF I was told by serveral ppl, and I've read on several Forums that it was 420, granted I realize that my 505 is still over capped but its just cause I got a couple new peices of gear that had the Hit Rateing on them already.

So if I'm not suppose to Gem AGI - What am I suppose to gem for ? SP since I use mostly spells for Dmg ? That would just seem silly. But I suppose if its the way things work then I will. But I didnt think that was right.

Yeah well I'll get rid of the Mark of the War Prisioner, I only had it for the Hit. So that frees up some room for other stuff, and I can take a few Gems out when I have the money to replace them.

I'll see if I can get some more Expertise since thats a big thing even though I didnt realize it was. I have a little already I think.
    and I will try useing LB instead of CL - so thank you

Gem for AP as you gain a percentage of SP from it. But only Stack AP once you have reached expertise cap

I have an idea. Read the FAQ that's stickied at the top of the shaman forums. It will answer all of these "how much hit, what do I gem, what spell priority" questions.

10+ Year Old Account

Again - I looked, One says Enhancment FAQ's for Wrath, but I didnt see the Hit Cap.

So Apparently I was right then ? 420 is the Hit I need ??

Yes I am aware I am over that - again I ended up getting a couple peices of gear with Hit Rateing on them, and I have not had the chance to change the Hit Rateing gems out for something better, so right now I am over capped.

I'll Regen the AGi with straight ATK pwr in the Reds, Expertise where I can stick them and such.

But thanks alot guys I'll let you know if it helps =)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail
    Again - I looked, One says Enhancment FAQ's for Wrath, but I didnt see the Hit Cap.

So Apparently I was right then ? 420 is the Hit I need ??

Yes I am aware I am over that - again I ended up getting a couple peices of gear with Hit Rateing on them, and I have not had the chance to change the Hit Rateing gems out for something better, so right now I am over capped.

I'll Regen the AGi with straight ATK pwr in the Reds, Expertise where I can stick them and such.

But thanks alot guys I'll let you know if it helps =)

most of the information here is what I would call half assed answers.. please go to the thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...ion-about-dps/

and read it all.. don't just read the start.. read it all.. it has everything you need to know and if you are trying to find something ctrl+f and enter a keyword like "hit"

if you are not willing to read that whole post then you are wasting your time here.. no one here is going to sum up what is in that thread any better and will just miss basic information or just straight up give bad advice or knowledge of the class.. like the "agi doesn't do anything for your spells"..

fun fact of the day agi turns into ap at a 1-1 ratio and you gain 30% of your ap as spell power.. agi also gives you mele crit which will help keep you elemental devastation up.. however with all these factors ap or haste or exp are still always better to gem for over agi regardless of gear level at 80

also 420 hit is NOT the cap for you.. for me it is like 369 or 368.. being at cap is priority being a little above it is fine.. being like 150 above it is a waste if you can avoid it.. you are not horde so your cap is lower.. go read his post for your personal cap and try to swap out items where possible to get just barely above it

change glyph of lava lash for feral spirits or lightning shield(if you don't use wolves on cd) and get "call of flame" in the ele tree.. you will notice a nice upgrade in dps if you had 3/3 in that with magma totem down for bosses

just please please please go read that post.. take 1 hour or so out of your day so you don't waste days of your life/game wondering "what am I doing wrong?" "why are all these other shamans so much better then me?" and the "why are the other raid shamans pointing and laughing at me all the time?"

if you really want to armory someone go ahead and armory me.. remember I am tauren so 1% hit dif but it will give you something you can stare at and compare stat to stat.. lets just hope I'm not in my resto pvp or pve gear

edit
    link got broken somehow

Please read through the FAQ conveniently located in my sig or just look at the top of the forums. It will cover every question you have asked. At that point if you still have questions feel free to open a thread.