Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Plaguelands after the Lich King's defeat

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Cataclysm set like 20 years after Arthas defeat?
    Where do people get this?!

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    Where do people get this?!
    The anus.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegos
    So after seeing all the preview pages for Icecrown Citadel, I started thinking.

What will happen to the plaguelands after the Lich King is dead? Without the Lich King the undead will lose their sentience and probably die, remember when Ner'zhul was hurt in the WC3 TFT expansion and Arthas had headaches and stuff because of it?

Now with the Plaguelands free of the Undead, will Humanity reclaim parts of Western and Eastern Plaguelands? Will the Scarlet Crusade expand their camps and fortresses? I'd like to see Humans reclaiming pockets of land in the plaguelands for the Alliance.

Light's Hope Chapel is no longer threatened by Undead after Icecrown, so why not build a few houses around it and a wall? Make it a town. What Human wouldn't want to return to Lordaeron after they were forced to flee for the plague? King Varian Wrynn would probably be interested in having a base near Lordaeron City too, to try and retake it.

Thoughts?
    I hope they do something with it because that was my favorite zone while leveling.

Well, this doesn't actually sound like a bad idea. Will Blizzard go for it? Probably not. But I like the idea of the world changing because of the Lich King's defeat. But, the only thing I'm worried about is what will happen to Stratholme then? I'm up to 60 kills and no mount yet. So, as you can tell, I want Stratholme to remain unchanged.

When we face the Lich King he'll probably just run after some intervention from another force. I mean Mal'ganis is still alive and pissed off at the the Lich King formerly Arthas Menethil. However if he does die the frostmourne won't and Mal'ganis will probably become leader of the scourge again.

I'd actually really enjoy seeing a revamped, recovering Western and Eastern Plaguelands, or at least one or the other. There is no doubt that undead will still exist in pockets, but with Arthas' demise, it would be sensible that we'd be able to recover something (ala Andorhal, anyone :])

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bajerman
    I'm pretty sure the south is part of Stromgarde....so yah...Lordaeron is destroyed.
    You'd be wrong.

Settlements such as Southshore are part of Lordaeron. That it is now effectively an Alliance Protectorate does not mean the nation of Lordaeron has ceased to exist.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by krekka
    When we face the Lich King he'll probably just run after some intervention from another force. I mean Mal'ganis is still alive and pissed off at the the Lich King formerly Arthas Menethil. However if he does die the frostmourne won't and Mal'ganis will probably become leader of the scourge again.
    Hmm, I could (and most likely am) wrong, but didn't Arthas kill Mal'Ganis? It's been awhile since I played WC3, but I do remember the reason he got Frostmourne in the first place was to slay Mal'Ganis, which he in did. Then again, he probably just ressurected him anyway.