When to dispel druid hots

Hey there. I'm on ptr playing a disc priest, and I wonder, when should I dispell druid htos (mainly LB, I hear priests saying to dispel it sometimes, but I can't see any advantage doing that instead of smite/HF. On the runs sounds like awaste of mana aswell ..

Please help.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Re: When to dispel druid hots

It's usefull to dispell the hots just before you're going to burst the druid or one of his arena mates. When you dispell all his hots it will take some time before he has a full stack of lifebloom on himself again.

Quote Originally Posted by Victora
    It's usefull to dispell the hots just before you're going to burst the druid or one of his arena mates. When you dispell all his hots it will take some time before he has a full stack of lifebloom on himself again.
    But if you dispell it, he will still gain the 3k/bloom blooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffx
    But if you dispell it, he will still gain the 3k/bloom blooms?
    Yea, but if you dispell everything, he cant use Swiftmend to prevent burst

Quote Originally Posted by Xeries
    Yea, but if you dispell everything, he cant use Swiftmend to prevent burst
    Well, the problem is that I understand you should dispell reju if possible, but I can't firgure out why blooms.

And mostly they reju > blooms, which makes me having to dispell 3 lifeblooms with 30% extra dispell resistance first?

dispel them before u burst the druid or partner if its got full hots on it chances are its at full health anyway so getting 3k from the dispel means nothing if he is already full

Quote Originally Posted by Aiodren
    dispel them before u burst the druid or partner if its got full hots on it chances are its at full health anyway so getting 3k from the dispel means nothing if he is already full
    I get it. So, when LBs up, I should only dispel if we're going for a killing burst in a few seconds and we're going all out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffx
    I get it. So, when LBs up, I should only dispel if we're going for a killing burst in a few seconds and we're going all out?
    Exactly :]

If there's 3 stacks of LB, you can dispel the first one or two without triggering the bloom effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    If there's 3 stacks of LB, you can dispel the first one or two without triggering the bloom effect.
    are you sure?

im pretty sure i have seen them bloom with a dispel. when you get rid of a stack your thinking in the past the future is now

It blooms off every stack now instead of only once no matter how many stacks, so yes, if you dispell only 2 and leave 1 up, it will bloom twice.

Ok, this is how I learned to deal with druid hots. If the target is already full hotted, there is no use in trying to dispell him. The druid will just keep spamming lifebloom and keep the target at full health, so its to late at this point to dispell. So what I do instead, is I leave my DPSers on that target and strip another target of all hots/buffs and everything that can be dispelled. Hard switch to that target, and spam dispell. The druid will begin hotting up that target, but you are spamming dispell so no hots are going to be able to stay on him for long and his health will plummet. It works like a charm, only problem is you are using many GCDs to dispell and your DPS may need healing, I suggest getting your guys up to full and shielded after you clear the target of buffs, but before you do the switch to him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    It blooms off every stack now instead of only once no matter how many stacks, so yes, if you dispell only 2 and leave 1 up, it will bloom twice.

Ok, this is how I learned to deal with druid hots. If the target is already full hotted, there is no use in trying to dispell him. The druid will just keep spamming lifebloom and keep the target at full health, so its to late at this point to dispell. So what I do instead, is I leave my DPSers on that target and strip another target of all hots/buffs and everything that can be dispelled. Hard switch to that target, and spam dispell. The druid will begin hotting up that target, but you are spamming dispell so no hots are going to be able to stay on him for long and his health will plummet. It works like a charm, only problem is you are using many GCDs to dispell and your DPS may need healing, I suggest getting your guys up to full and shielded after you clear the target of buffs, but before you do the switch to him.
    Thing is.. your dispelling 2 hots at the same times as hes applying 1, prolly even more as you have haste as priest and druid havnt. Even if target got 3x lb and reju it shouldn´t be to hard to keep him dispelled in burstmoments. Blooms are very weak on ms and wont keep the target up most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeries
    prolly even more as you have haste as priest and druid havnt.
    wat

Burst his mate, if his mate got full hots, burst him, if he got full hots burst his mate. Its as simple as that. No way he is keeping 2 people fully stacked or 3 if your in 3vs3. Its a waste of mana for him all the time if you switch fast.

If you play rogue/priest, just let ur rogue open on the dps while you do this: Run towards the druid while you spam dispel on the target to burst, if you catch the druid with a fear you win, grats. If you dont, your rogue isnt applying enough pressure and you should replace him.

I played dru/warrior for a while, a rouge totally outdps's me lifebloomspamming the warrior when the warrior dispels them rightaway, and it sux.
    So i rolled rogue/druid instead and we're the offensive ones now when we meet you, i love that u cant dispel poison u fucker!

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire
    wat
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...e&n=Hydr%C3%A1

-200 ish haste from off-set gear and wep.
    -25% haste after each shield.
    -6% from talents
    -20% when power infusion is up