Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

*Suggestion* Remake Repentance - PvP Change

Repentance-31 Talent Point
    6% Mana(High cost)
    1 Minute(40 Sec talented)
    Max 1 Target
    Off-GCD
    PvE - Incapitates the target for 1 minute.
    PvP - Incapitates the target for 3 seconds, when it breaks by duration or other events, puts on a 3 second silence.

<-- This little thing will help Paladins greatly in PvP, with being able to keep the healer pressured.

I am just throwing around ideas, just faced another Resto tree druid I couldn't kill, or that Disc Priest in WG that just didn't die even if I sticked to him over 3 minutes or something. -.-

We rely on crit too much...Sigh.

Re: *Suggestion* Remake Repentance - PvP Change

ret paladins do not need any help in pvp atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    hahaha. no.

I disagree.
    I wouldn't have posted this otherwise.

QFT

Of course you disagree because you play one. I WANT TO HAVE MY ALL CLASSES SO GOOD THAT THEY ONESHOT EVERYTHING!

We bring dispels, and defensive support to the team we are playing with. Not MS and Interrupts. Learn to use the rest of the skills you have instead of smashing your face on 1-3.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

If blizzard buffs another melee class for pvp with the state casters are in then they're going to lose some business. Sorry, but if you're a Ret, Rogue, Warrior, Or DK. you no longer need buffs. Enjoy your pvp.

The suggestion isn't terrible, but posting it here won't accomplish anything other than getting yourself flamed :/.

srsly? buff ret PvP? AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
    yo

Blizzard rarely balances pvp in 1v1 situations. Eventho I agree, healing in pvp is out of hand.

Deleted

Okey ill give it to you, if you are ready to give up all your Hands and your divine shield. Then ill give you a MS and repentance off gcd

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    We bring dispels, and defensive support to the team we are playing with. Not MS and Interrupts. Learn to use the rest of the skills you have instead of smashing your face on 1-3.
    A good response, thank you.

We do bring cleanse, but that is the only thing that we can actually use in Arena that makes us worthwhile to tag along, All other abilities we have are either
    -Dispelled/Spellstolen/Purged
    -Shattered/Mass Dispellable

With the current teams, it's most likely they will have one of those classes. Even if you do shut them down, we still rely on crit streaks to kill something. Especially a Resilience geared player, which is where I am taking this topic up.

Also, do take in consideration, what if your other teammate dies, while the opposing team also lost their ally in a clash of sudden death, roll over and die since you cannot do enough damage, even with Relentless/Furious Gear(I'm talking Non PvE gear here.) able to withstand enough DPS or Burst to kill a target with a healer? With the current nukes other classes have at the moment this has happened so many times I'm seriously annoyed about it.(Talking 2-2 and 3-3 here. 5v5 is...urgh.)

Quote Originally Posted by idototems
    Okey ill give it to you, if you are ready to give up all your Hands and your divine shield. Then ill give you a MS and repentance off gcd
    Been wanting that shield removed since Vanilla, thank you very much.
    As for the hands, f'ck no. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ais
    Blizzard rarely balances pvp in 1v1 situations. Eventho I agree, healing in pvp is out of hand.
    This I somehow agree with, even with the change to resilience to reduce all dmg income by 12%(Was that max capped?), they totally foresaw that healing would shoot through the roof with the lower dmg dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Winke
    srsly? buff ret PvP? AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
    No, I'm asking for a change, Reduce the Incapitate by 3 seconds, take it off GCD and add a 3 sec Silence on it, Enough to keep what it's doing now, being able to throw on Holy Light off, same as it is doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftynou
    The suggestion isn't terrible, but posting it here won't accomplish anything other than getting yourself flamed :/.
    Can't hate a guy for trying, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Energy
    Well well well...Who's there? Hmm.. DK.
    Missed your forum? Let i show you the way: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-death-knight/
    You do know that DKs also rely on their comrades more then they should, right?
    They may have more tools to do use however, but they aren't that far off from Retri paladin Arena issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shainingu
    If blizzard buffs another melee class for pvp with the state casters are in then they're going to lose some business. Sorry, but if you're a Ret, Rogue, Warrior, Or DK. you no longer need buffs. Enjoy your pvp.
    Wizard cleave = Do or die.
    Not exactly what you call PvP then, right?

Also I have tried to Enjoy my PvP since S3 ended, It's not just....PvP. =(
    I want more skills to be used then Hands/Cleanse/Divine Sacrifice, and the offensive CS/DS/Exo/Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by idototems
    Give me spell reflect and you can have my bubble.

Just wait till rated BG's lol balance is going to go out the window even more ret pallys and DK's running around at the top BG's all over the place or nerfs all over the place.

Go go balance around more things ...... /sigh. Now you will have pve solo's pve raiders pvp arena pvp bg's etc woot ! ...

Quote Originally Posted by xnub
    Just wait till rated BG's lol balance is going to go out the window even more ret pallys and DK's running around at the top BG's all over the place or nerfs all over the place.

Go go balance around more things ...... /sigh. Now you will have pve solo's pve raiders pvp arena pvp bg's etc woot ! ...
    Rated BGs would also be able to get your Resilience gear, but as for how that prediction will go... >.> We won't know until how they are going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordox
    A good response, thank you.

We do bring cleanse, but that is the only thing that we can actually use in Arena that makes us worthwhile to tag along, All other abilities we have are either
    -Dispelled/Spellstolen/Purged
    -Shattered/Mass Dispellable

With the current teams, it's most likely they will have one of those classes. Even if you do shut them down, we still rely on crit streaks to kill something. Especially a Resilience geared player, which is where I am taking this topic up.

Also, do take in consideration, what if your other teammate dies, while the opposing team also lost their ally in a clash of sudden death, roll over and die since you cannot do enough damage, even with Relentless/Furious Gear(I'm talking Non PvE gear here.) able to withstand enough DPS or Burst to kill a target with a healer? With the current nukes other classes have at the moment this has happened so many times I'm seriously annoyed about it.(Talking 2-2 and 3-3 here. 5v5 is...urgh.)
    I'd say about 90 percent of the time all our defenses are effective.. and how often does a 2v2 in a 3v3 game happen, not very often. You're arguing we need buffed based on the fact that we have a weakness (all classes have a weakness of some type) Our weakness is that we don't have the other offensive things most melee have, but we also give a lot that other melee don't have. I'm telling your the difference between a good ret paladin and a bad one is how good you are it keeping your team pumping.

I will agree with you on one thing though, our offensive rotation is kind of boring. The solution I think could be in consecration, how often do you need to lay that in pvp other than to try and pop out a stealth or set up a perimeter for yourself against one? Would be nice to have a reason to drop it I think, I'm sure everyone would have their own ideas on what exactly it could do but the point im making is that there are ways we can become more interesting/complex to play without buffing our damage or giving us cookie cutter melee abilities. Of course they could also make crusader strike more than just an auto attack too, theres another option.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

wut he said
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

The only buff Repentance needs (pulled from a looooong time ago):

Swift Retribution: This talent will now also reduce the cooldown on your Exorcism and Repentance spells by 11/22/33%.

I still want an interrupt for PvE's sake- Could make it share tethered CD with Divine Shield for all I can, I never use that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Energy
    Well well well...Who's there? Hmm.. DK.
    Missed your forum? Let i show you the way: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-death-knight/

2OP: repentance are fine. We need some gcd-off interrupt, and MS-effect. And may be new ability, which will crit for 15-20k on 1K res, just for lulz
    No, I think the only thing paladins need to round us out is removing judgement of justice, and giving us a snare like the rest of the melee have. An interrupt would bring us in line to for the purposes of fairness. not everyone has MS. Nor does every class need MS.