Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

Re: Blizzard forcing players to merge :O

Changing email address required confirmation which was sent to your email address which was not displayed through the front-end. Same thing would happen now, however previously the script kiddies (I refuse to use "hacker") did not know your email addy and now they will - half the equation is gone and now they just have to figure out your email pwd.

10+ Year Old Account

Just use an e-mail address you don't normally use for anything else, and set up forwarding (that's possible with gmail and all the rest aswell). Problem solved.

Then again, if you have a decent password, and if you even use an authenticator, they ain't gonna guess your PW even if they somehow figure out your e-mail address (which they shouldn't, tbh...)

I'm not happy about it either... I could care less about the extra features or whatever the f it has. I want my username not my email.. my email is f'ing huge >_>

GAIZ

SRSLY GAIZ

I HEER TYPIN IS HARD IF ALL WURDS ARNT SMALL

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda
    And that's why it's such a shitty idea and a lot of people don't like it. There is the potential for you to get wrongfully disciplined (Or hey you could deserve it, everyone has their bad days.) and then they decide to suspend/ban you and then you can't play ANY of your Blizzard games. Rather than just the one on which there was a problem. They've specifically stated in an interview in the past that it's going to work this way because they feel the bigger risk will keep everybody more honest. Personally I'll have a separate B.net account for each Blizzard game that I play, and it works great for me since I'm not interested in their social networking shit or cross-game chat. I like to keep my friends from different games separate, and I'm definitely not interested in their e-peen waggling achievement system of "Ooh show the world how great you are at all of our games with your Battle.net profile once you've assigned all of your CD-Keys for all of your Blizzard games to one account, whee!"
    dude it easy, dont let ure bad days on others, or simply dont play on one Lil kid

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by manisher
    dude it easy, dont let ure bad days on others, or simply dont play on one Lil kid
    I just got called a little kid by someone that says "ure" - That's beautiful.

Also mistakes happen. One of my former guildies got suspended for 3 days because someone called him a racial slur and the GM read the chatlogs wrong. He was apologised to and compensated for the 3 days, but it took them over a week to do this. When it comes to things like this, no matter how rare they are, I'd rather not be locked out of all of my Blizzard software that I paid for.

Which results in me having to have a separate b.net account for each game. Yay for added hassle. Also to opt-out of the e-peen waggling Achievement/"Social Networking" aspect of it.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Rakist
    Anyone else upset about being forced to merge your wow account with battle.net?

I am not happy bout changing account name to my email :S
    So what do you guys think?
    They HAVE to do it for their new battle.net chat system so you can talk to people in any blizzard game from any other blizzard game, and you can talk to your Alliance friends now if your Horde and vice versa!

Get an email address you arent embarassed about using. If your embarased that everyone will know your email address is UltraSupersayangoku690000@yahoo.com or Iloveunicorns@aol.com, get a better email address.

Its simple to do and if you complain you must complain alot....

Not to mention if its the same email you used with your wow account, its pretty hard to hijack it. Surprisingly it makes your account safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky
    I don't really get why it's that big of a deal. It seems pretty reasonable to me for Blizzard to want all accounts to be on the same system. Plus, this is what's (if I understand correctly) going to allow cross game/realm chat - which is pretty cool in my opinion. Your account really shouldn't be any easier to hack into, even though some people think it will. Just don't let anyone know your email address or password. Or better yet, if you're so scared about it, set up a new email address specifically for your WoW account. Just be "a324lkdjv29@yahoo.com."

Was anyone mad when they first signed up for WoW and had to make a username and password? No, because that's how the login worked. Well, this is how it's going to work now. Soon enough, you'll forget that it used to be any different.
    It is kind of annoying that everybody's response to this is "Create a new email"

Blizzard is making people go out of their way to use Bnet. The fact that some feel the need to go further out of their way is really poor treatment of their customers. "Hey guys, I want to sell you this item, but before I let you buy it or use it, please go online, create a new email account, register on this alternate site and link up the item" Cust "what if I don't do this" Blizz "Well then you won't be able to use the items you've already paid for"

That being said, it's really not a big deal to use an email. As most have been saying, a secure password does it. Make sure to alternate capitalizations in some manner, add numbers/letters, and throw in a symbol or two for good measure.

What difference does it make?
    Go merge, log in, and live with it.

I couldn't care less.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Get proper security software if you are too cheap to invest 6 Euros for an authenticator
    6 euro my ass :

this is the EU price for 2 authenticators, i canceled the order after seeing this

Item Subtotal:
    EUR 10,08

Sales Tax: EUR 1,92
    Shipping & Handling: EUR 8,30
    Shipping Tax: EUR 1,58
    Previous Grand Total: EUR 21,88

Oh, please. I tried to register my account back when it was only available for Wrath beta testers. I eventually merged the day it was available, when my account wasn't even active. I use my personal e-mail, a very shitty password (no caps, 1 number, 1 symbol), and yet have not had my account hacked (I was even using Curse when people were trying to claim that Curse Client hacked their accounts). I can understand that you might not use the Remember Me function (I can't use it because I have to share a computer), but just use an e-mail you can remember or, better yet, your personal e-mail. If you get hacked, sorry, but it hasn't happened to me and I've been on it since day 1. I think the b.net account hijacks are probably overblown, and most of them are more than likely outright lies just to keep people from merging accounts.

tl;dr, my b.net account has been around longer than yours and is working out just fine
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Just did a test with the login problems today.. i merged my account 2 days ago. now i cant log in.

I then tried with my brothers account who is yet to merge and he didn't have any problems to login. There is another post about the problem today but hopefully it will only last some hours

http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...-difficulties/

Note: European servers as far as i know.
    Raki, 80 Druid

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdj26
    It is kind of annoying that everybody's response to this is "Create a new email"

Blizzard is making people go out of their way to use Bnet. The fact that some feel the need to go further out of their way is really poor treatment of their customers. "Hey guys, I want to sell you this item, but before I let you buy it or use it, please go online, create a new email account, register on this alternate site and link up the item" Cust "what if I don't do this" Blizz "Well then you won't be able to use the items you've already paid for"
    Blizzard isn't forcing anyone to make a new email, people are recommending that to people who are utterly paranoid and/or embarrassed about using their own.

Here is the situation now. Blizzard already has your email address, you gave them one when you registered your account. The only difference is that now you will have to type out your email address as your login (once, if you only log in from your own computers) - but some people are unhappy about that. They say that an email address as a username is less secure (as if, should someone get their hands on your password, they can't get their hands on your email too) and some people may be embarrassed about their current email addresses (as if Blizz + your friends/family haven't already seen it). However, if you're really embarrassed about it or paranoid about it, you do have a choice, to give them a different email address. Nobody is forcing you to use a different email and further complicate things. But it is an option open to you, and a more constructive one than complaining about being forced to do something that would have made sense to do ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakist
    Anyone else upset about being forced to merge your wow account with battle.net?

I am not happy bout changing account name to my email :S
    So what do you guys think?
    yes it's gay.

so what merge and hopefully you'll be one who does not get screwed. Out of 3 merges 1 of mine was problematic.
    battlenet is lame.

/end thread before the fan boy's start flaming again.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan
    (I was even using Curse when people were trying to claim that Curse Client hacked their accounts)
    This is a known issue. The client was compromised for a fact and has been a few times. Smart people use the manual install.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    yes it's gay.

so what merge and hopefully you'll be one who does not get screwed. Out of 3 merges 1 of mine was problematic.
    battlenet is lame.

/end thread before the fan boy's start flaming again.
    How was it problematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru
    How was it problematic?
    Merged first week it was available. Could not access the account. Customer Service had to restore the account back to non battle.net. The account was unavailable for days.
    pain in the ass.

idc about any other blizzard game so battlenet is pointless to me