Is there a tanking spreadsheet that's up to date?

And that is accurate with the most recent patch changes? I checked the one at EJ but it seems outdated and not as appealing to use as landsoul's fury/arms spreadsheet.
    (Avatar was too big, sorry!)

Re: Is there a tanking spreadsheet that's up to date?

You will have a hard time finding a spreadsheet for any class that is as detailed and appealing as landsouls.
    The tanking spreadsheet from the EJ forum does not have the detail of landsoul's spreadsheet, but its not bad at all.
    The main post of the tanking spreadsheet thread apparently doesn't get updated, but you can find more recent versions if you search the thread.

Comparing tanking equipment is not as easy as dps equipment, because you can not translate everything to one simple stat (dps) and different encounter require different gear.
    A tank needs enough EH to survive burst dmg, enough TPS to hold aggo and enough Avoidance to prevent oom healers.
    Sure those three attributes are not equally important and the weighting varys from encounter to encounter, but you have to consider all three which makes loot comparisons complicated.

http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t36981-t...1/#post1419853

Some info for the spreadsheet:
    The calculation assumes the boss has parry haste enabled.
    You can change the boss profile in the "Talents+Setup" tab ("Filler WotLK Boss" is best I think).
    The armor value of the Leviathan's Coil is wrong.

I wouldn't recommend using that spreadsheet, its out of date and the person trying to update it is still somewhat behind on getting everything right.
    Other then that I don't know of another War Tank Spreadsheets.

However you could always just download Tankpoints and RatingBuster.
    I use Tankpoints for overall gear stats, and RatingBuster for individual pieces to determine my stat gains and trade offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrey
    Comparing tanking equipment is not as easy as dps equipment, because you can not translate everything to one simple stat (dps) and different encounter require different gear.
    A tank needs enough EH to survive burst dmg, enough TPS to hold aggo and enough Avoidance to prevent oom healers.
    Sure those three attributes are not equally important and the weighting varys from encounter to encounter, but you have to consider all three which makes loot comparisons complicated.
    This is one of the smartest things I have read in a while. It sums up in one paragraph, exactly why I have different sets of gear in my bags.

Try http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr they keep it as up to date as possible.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator