Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Advice needed on Heroic Anub (10m)

Greetings,

We're a pretty casual 25m raiding guild but we got some outstanding players and with those we attempt 10m Hardmodes. Did the first half of Ulduar Hardmodes (10m) before Coloseum got released and since then we've been trying Heroic Anub.

We're kinda stuck for 3 weeks on him now.

For the adds we're using a tank with loads of avoidance. He's unhittable as seen in that hardcore raiding guild. That works like a charm.

This week was the closest we got, 16%. What we do is DPS Anub till 55-60%. Deal with P2. Then DPS Anub till 30% (We reach 30% shortly after the second wave approaches). The OT tanks the big adds on the normal soil so they can burrow to avoid damage. We obviously pop BL at 30%. But we just can't seem to get through P3 while we do make the DPS check to do with only one burrow phase.

We're currently running with 3 healers. Our DPS do approx 4500-5000 DPS each. Some slighty lower, some slightly higher.

Worldoflogs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/P...?s=7441&e=7694

Should we run with 2 healers ? Since I've seen guilds doing it with 2 healers. Keep in mind that we're Coloseum 25m geared and a couple of heroic gear from 10m.

Re: Advice needed on Heroic Anub (10m)

Drop one healer for a dps. Your dps should also shape up, everyone should have an easy time staying above 5.5-6k.

We run with three heals as well. Tell your healers to down rank hots and never bring someone ober 50% hp, except the main tank. If they are good, tell them never above 30%. In Heroic it ticks for 20% of current hp, and while it looks like people are taking damage in huge spikes, thats just because at the beginning they are, but its lows down A LOT once everyone is kept low.

The only exception to this is when someone has stacks from the miny adds of the burrow phase.

Deleted

How much DPS on average does your DPS do ? And just to compare, till how many % do you guys get Anub untill he burrows for the first time ?

Also, if possible, would be really appreciated if you could post your meters for an Anub kill so I can compare stuff.

We got stuck on Anub for about 1 week. The week later the holy pala changed to retri spec and we got him down within 2 tries. So we are using 2 healers, 2 tanks and 6 dps.
    We did the insanity run last week so it works fine

Same thing happened to my 10 man group, we were stuck for 2 weeks. Then we decided to have our holy priest go shadow for a try, and leave a druid and holy pally healing. The first try after that we got him down, next week we got tribute to insanity. I would recommend waiting at 31% and killing the adds that are up then bringing him into p3 so you have as much uptime with no adds as possible then with BL you should be able to burn him b4 you get 4 adds popped.

Deleted

You're probably overgearing us though since we've made no progress on Coloseum 25m Heroic.

Still appreciating the comments though. I'm really thinking of going with just 2 healers.

Way too much healing, especially by the druid.

In P3 you can keep people on about 1k life if the raid healer is good and can heal 2 targets to 6k+ life within 3 seconds which shouldn't be a problem for most classes while the paladin only heals both tanks.
    So, either drop a healer and/or tell your raid healer(s) to stop healing the swarm and only heal the debuff.

why your shaman uses chain heal? it's a very bad idea for anub.
    Same goes with druid - reju on everyone?

Seriously. On Anub you heal only tanks and ppl with debuff, nothing more. Anyway, we always do this with 2 healers.

We do it with 2 healers (our priest goes shadow for v-embrace) and make sure ur dps isnt topped up during p3, only the tanks should be topped up ofc and nuke the shit out of the boss and just offtank the adds and you should down it. We did insanity like this a few weeks ago and farming it with ez

But keep and eye out for the debuff, and heal the guy who gets it.

(and we got no 25man hm gear)

Surv for replenish in 10man
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Bks
    http://meight.webb.se/ mEIGHT of Talnivarr-EU, 10man raiding guild.

Yeah i would suggest to remove 1 healer also and replace it with a dps we use 1 Resto Druid and 1 Disc priest for it and to reduce damage on the offtank in the last phase i "Dk tank on adds" use Army of the Dead since they taunt the adds they can keep them busy for quite some time.

Also ofc tank the adds next to the boss to allow any dmg done to the adds to splash onto Anub if you didnt do that already.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Deleted

We're tanking adds close to the boss for AoE damage indeed. But after the first burrow we're not having the adds near Anub. We just have them tank near the healers so the OT can fetch the new adds quickly.

Going to try again next week with 2 healers. I thought our DPS was good but it can be better in P3. Will also lower total raid health in P3 a bit since he goes down really slowly.

Thanks for the advice though. Got new stuff to try out next week reset

10+ Year Old Account

As stated in some previous posts heres my top tips as it were..

-If possible when he re emerges you dont want anyone other than the tanks to have stacks from the small adds, do this by making sure the dps single target the small adds down or have them dps'd at range, use the frost patches to slow them if needed

-as said before leave him on 31% ish until those adds are down then start P3

- during P3 do not tank any adds on the frost patches just let them submerge it takes them out of the fight for something like 30seconds, just make sure that the 2nd tank interupts that high damage ability the add does

-have the healer who is going to be doing a majority of the raid healing in P3 pull one of the low rank spells onto his hotbar and have him use this only to keep the raid up (unless they have penetrating cold ofc)

-also remeber that although the dot will tick for 20% of whatever hp u may have left it will ALWAYS tick for a minimum of 250hp, i would aim to have a druid putting a very small HoT on a player when he reaches say 1500 hp and just keep them refreshed as best you can, the lower your healer can keep the raids hp whilst at the same time keeping them alive the less healing the boss will recieve and make P3 go even faster.

-your dps should be enough to see him only submerge once in the fight so have your frost orb dps take all of them down except 1 for kiting spikes and then save the one for tanking the adds when he re-emerges

hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

As a 10man Guild, we have basically no access to 25m H/25Uld/25ToC except for the Pugs, but on my server Alliance side, there is usually none.

We 2 heal it, the main factor is not panicking in the 30% phase as a Healer.

Here's how we do it.

Engage Anub:

Pop 4 of the Ice so it is in a sort of rectangle.
    DPS the boss.
    The first two adds spawn and everyone switches ASAP.
    Get back on the boss and burn him to -60%.
    When he burrows quickly get the remaining two adds and then kite the boss and kill any of the little bugs.

He comes out of his burrow and the two adds spawn, everyone switch to them.
    DPS the boss to 30% or so, quickly change to the adds.
    We then pop Hero and burn the boss and kill the next two adds. Usually Anub's around 10 % or so and we just leave the adds up and kill Anub.

This week we got him with 47 Attempts, hoping for Insanity next week.

The idea is that the tank never lets any of the adds burrow, and he should never have more than two on him, especially in the last phase.

Deleted

You'll make it far easier on yourself if you just kill one set of adds upon entering phase3. That should buy you plenty of time before there's 4 of them up simultaneously. Also make sure that your healers can see the Penetrating Cold debuff on grid or similar. You could get a very big dps increase by having one of your death knights go unholy for the fight for the 13% magic damage buff, if they are willing. You should also have your retri paladin use Judgement of Light in phase3. He didn't use it at all in any of the tries according to your combat log.

Leeching Swarm
    Unlimited range
    1.5 sec cast
    Releases a swarm of insects that attack the caster's enemies, leeching 10% of each target's current health every 1 sec. A minimum of 250 health will be leeched.
    So basically if you are at or under 2,500 health in 10man mode only 250 health will be leeched. A Restoration shaman can keep hes group alive with a Healing Stream Totem and the rest of the group will be healed enough by Judgement of Light + Glyph of Holy Light (Tell your offtank to stand on top of melee and spam heal on him. And of course put Beacon of Light on your MT). Also tell your Restoration Druid to spec for dps since two healers is enough for 10man Anub'Arak HM.

Also tell your Restoration Shaman to focus only on Penetrating Cold debuffs on targets. I can easily heal both pcold targets as a Resto Shaman and I am pretty sure your Resto Shaman can do it aswell. Just tell him to spam LHW on both of them.

TL;DR Your main problem in that fight is healing. You're healing the raid too much.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

First of all you should go with 2 healers(paladin for tanks and druid/priest/shaman for raid). Second is that your setup is just awful. Only 1 ranged dps and you have 2 dks and both are blood. One of them MUST switch for unholy becouse they can do so much more dmg with it and they buff the raid ALOT(well for your setup not that much as there are no casters). I guess you are going trough hell in second pase cuz there are no ranged to kill enraged adds and if you enter 3rd phase with lots of debuffs, well.. you die with only 2 healers to heal.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mmff4
    So basically if you are at or under 2,500 health in 10man mode only 250 health will be leeched. A Restoration shaman can keep hes group alive with a Healing Stream Totem and the rest of the group will be healed enough by Judgement of Light + Glyph of Holy Light (Tell your offtank to stand on top of melee and spam heal on him. And of course put Beacon of Light on your MT). Also tell your Restoration Druid to spec for dps since two healers is enough for 10man Anub'Arak HM.

Also tell your Restoration Shaman to focus only on Penetrating Cold debuffs on targets. I can easily heal both pcold targets as a Resto Shaman and I am pretty sure your Resto Shaman can do it aswell. Just tell him to spam LHW on both of them.

TL;DR Your main problem in that fight is healing. You're healing the raid too much.
    I'm main tanking Anub and that's not really the problem. Neither is off-tanking. As lots of people said it is indeed the amount of healing. Since we haven't killed Anub on Heroic before I think 30% should be safe enough for us. Atleast till our raidhealer gets to know this encounter more. Also, on Heroic it's 20% of our life leached, not 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by wanted
    First of all you should go with 2 healers(paladin for tanks and druid/priest/shaman for raid). Second is that your setup is just awful. Only 1 ranged dps and you have 2 dks and both are blood. One of them MUST switch for unholy becouse they can do so much more dmg with it and they buff the raid ALOT(well for your setup not that much as there are no casters). I guess you are going trough hell in second pase cuz there are no ranged to kill enraged adds and if you enter 3rd phase with lots of debuffs, well.. you die with only 2 healers to heal.
    True. But but we did P2 on some try where the highest person had 3 stacks or something. It's possible as a melee stacked group but for ranged it's indeed easier. To make it even worse we subbed our hunter in for the last 2-3 tries, we ran with 3 DKs at one point We just took the best DPS of our Coloseum 25m we did before we attempted Heroic Anub.

The raid should recieve absolutely 0 heals, judement of light + improved leader of the pack is more than enough to keep everyone dpsing alive, the resto shaman should have healing stream down and the other healer should be in his party.

Resto shaman on penetrating cold heals, other healer spam heals the MT and if there are adds up toss a couple of heals to the OT.

Proceed with destroying boss.

Oh also, I've healed and DPS'd this fight, kill the first set of adds in p3, then let the others burrow, if you don't feel comfortable with a healer keeping up the OT as well, use one of your DK's Army of the Dead.

Boss is dead.

You should definitely use 2 healers, especially as you have an heavy melee comp with a ret paladin.

We do it with 1 tank 2 healers ( druid + Disc priest ) 7 dps ( at least 2 beeing melee, preferably 3 ) and we have 2 melee tanking one add each during each wave. With stuns rogue and/or ret paladin & MT warrior, it's easily manageable.

We stop dps on the boss at ~32-35%, kill the 4th wave of adds as soon as they come and nuke the boss. The boss is usually nearly dead before the next wave reach us, and if available an army of dead take care of them during enough time ( if not i just die heroically and we kill him anyway )

An offtank is maybe safer for most raids, then an Holy paladin is probably a lot more usefull than a priest or a druid.

logs of our 2 first kills if you want to check dps, i don't have anything more recent :/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8711&e=8978
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9202&e=9470

Yours seems fine to me, with 1 more dps and a healer less ( => less healing on anub ) you should be fine. The 2 healers might just need a few try to adjust.