Warrior levelling help needed!

well...i feel like i complete and utter noob posting about needing help to level.....

Without going into my wow life story, ive just transferred my very first character that i abandoned for horde over to the dark side =D, but when i levelled him from 1-70 i levelled as prot the entire way in instances etc etc. already having a tank i didnt feel like i wanted to level him from 70-80 as prot. Having zero idea how to play a dps warrior and zero gear for dps purposes im really struggling. What spec is best? any help would be much appreciated

and please, can i have sensible answers, im not generally a noob.....
    Quote Originally Posted by saxmfone1 View Post
    Step 1: Make this macro

#show Swipe (Bear)
    /cast Maul
    /cast Swipe (Bear)

Step 2: Bind this macro to your L and O buttons

Step 3: Run into any heroic and LOL your way to victory

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Warrior levelling help needed!

I personally like arms, and I think fury takes more gear to catch up, even while leveling.

But, you could level a bit as prot, and just grab all the dps gear. Prot isnt bad at all for soloing, and things still die pretty fast.

I would recommend to level as a protection warrior.

Warriors are very gear dependant and its quite painful to level as dps warrior with bad gear.
    If you definitely want to avoid prot-leveling I would go fury, because Bloodthirst eases the pain a little.

Prot warrior with DPS gear does wonders...especially in northrend...mix up def gear and get lots of ap/crit. You will be able to herd up entire zones and have a blast.

Go with prot spec till the end mate. Much easier, much more smooth in my eyes. Try to gather dps gear along the way so that you can go dps straight at 80.

I leveled from 70-80 as prot in almost full BiS BT/Sunwell gear since everyone was like "omg prot leveling is so much more better then fury/arms!!".

In my opinion, its not between 76-80. I would go DPS if I had to do it over. Enrage regeneration clears the downtime from eating that Prot brings, which people never seem to factor in.

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    I personally like arms, and I think fury takes more gear to catch up, even while leveling.

But, you could level a bit as prot, and just grab all the dps gear. Prot isnt bad at all for soloing, and things still die pretty fast.
    This.

Use the search function sometimes, there comes up a new thread like this each day.

But prot is the best way to lvl in northrend imo, mobs arent hard to kill and prot diminishes your down time.