End game healing issues

I just joined a new guild which is much better than the one I came from. We are in 25man H TOGC and I am no longer the leet sauce I thought I was b4. ;D The first night I was doing about 3-5k hps and averaging around 3rd on healing meters but was running out of mana by the end of Gormok. My talents were in holy and around 15 in ret with 3 sp gems and the rest intell. After that night I respect'd and regemmed all intell gems. I am not really having mana issues anymore but my heals are around 2500-3k hps and I am last on healing meters. I refuse to spam heals when there is nothing to heal just to get on top of the meters though. My haste sux and I don't know what to do to get it up. I just got a couple new trinkets from ony to try and I'm not seeing a great improvement, so I guess I need to get, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724 talisman of resurgence, but wanted to try out the ony trinkets first. RAWR said they were good as a set. lol I've been playing this pally for 4 years and use my cd's whenever possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sh&n=Cheechers

Re: End game healing issues

Ouchie..

Quote Originally Posted by Left2feet
    1) I am not really having mana issues anymore but my heals are around 2500-3k hps and I am last on healing meters.
    2) I refuse to spam heals when there is nothing to heal just to get on top of the meters though.
    3) My haste sux and I don't know what to do to get it up.
    4) I just got a couple new trinkets from ony to try and I'm not seeing a great improvement, so I guess I need to get, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724 talisman of resurgence, but wanted to try out the ony trinkets first.
    5) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sh&n=Cheechers
    1) Well hps is usually not that important as long as the tanks you have to heal stay alive
    2) Refusing to spamheal especially as a paladin is completely wrong : If there's not much to heal use a Flash of Light else spam Holy light.
    3) Look out for items with haste on them, you have too many crappy items with either crit/mp5 or even spirit on them.
    4) That trinket combo is just horrible look out for trinkets with either int (the trinket you posted) or a huge amount of mana reg (Jaraxxus 25)
    5) Get Glyph of Holy Light and remove that Glyph of Flash of Light. I don't think your meta gem is active -> use a SP/Int and a SP/MP5 gem. Your libram is horrible get the iLvl 200 or the iLvl 245 one instead.

essentially, get more haste, and more int.

Your meta activating gem is sorted by a single 10 to all stats prismatic gem, allowing you 10 more intelect than previously possible.

at 23k mana unbuffed, you are going to be hard pressed to properly chain spam HL, but i can't understand going OOM in the what...three-five mins it takes to kill gormokk.

in terms of spec, unless you are doing HM jezaxus or really struggling at fa champs, all other casters got buffed in WOTLK to get 105% cast time knockback resist from un talented conc aura, so its unnessesery to talent it, i would personally put those 3 points into Div int, blessed hand and benediciton, infact, i did, you would end up with my exact spec (O_o).

the badge libram from the T7 vendor will really help your mana pool a lot, i would grab that straight away, as its still considered BiS despite being ilvl 200, as well as the fact that your spell power is way decent, any more will realistically be 90% wasted on overhealing.

your crit is good, i try to balance mine around 30% in that spec, whilst keeping haste as close to optimum as i can (678 atm).

otherwise, in this case, it sounds like you know how to heal, so the rest will come when you get a sustainable mana pool, generally 27k+ unbuffed is when it will really start to feel good.

./flid

unless you roll without replenishment, in which case it will always suck!

I refuse to spam heals when there is nothing to heal just to get on top of the meters though.
    My haste sux and I don't know what to do to get it up.
    I just got a couple new trinkets from ony to try and I'm not seeing a great improvement,
    Firstly, if you're not spamming, you're not doing it right. Especially for TotGC25. This could also be a reason your HPS is low (You're being heal sniped by people who DO spam)

In terms of haste, it looks like you have a BUNCH of Crit//spell//mp5 pieces, ditch those asap, and get pieces that are crit//haste//spell, 550ish from gear is what to shoot for.

Those trinkets really do suck, lol. Since you're in a TotGC25 guild, i'd suggest snagging an uld run one of those days, and getting http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45490 from Mimiron which I'd still consider 2nd BiS, only to http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47059 from TotGC25 jaraxxus, or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47041 from TotC25 jaraxxus

I also suggest the heroism badge libram for HL spam, which you need to start doing.

Its been alrdy calculated many times: haste/mp5 > haste/crit

Quote Originally Posted by Ducon
    Depends on the numbers. And IMO, i still prefer the haste//crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducon
    it just depends on what you are looking for those numbers were done in regards to mana regeneration since they nerferd our crit regen but EJ did say it was still very close so if people want those bigger heals (yes a lot of the time its overheal but a good chunk its not too) its one of those things thats us to them. basically they have mroe healing burst but will have to DP more often to offset it. as long as they arn't goign oom w/ haste/crit and tanks arnt dieing in DP more power to them ^^

Thanks for all the info and will work on my gear. Respec'd and did a few other things mentioned. I have a question though about Divine Sacrifice. As a holy pally, should i be using this talent in the raids? If I am taking damage from other raid members, won't I end up dying? 40% sounds like a lot of damage from all raid members 30 yards away! If not, why should I spec into it?

Another question is the T9.5 4 piecee set bonus so great that I shouldn't replace them with better gear?

Another question is the T9.5 4 piecee set bonus so great that I shouldn't replace them with better gear?
    You mean T8.5? I'd imagine you don't have gear to replace T9.5 yet.

But the 8.5 is pretty good, but nothing too special, it requires tanks to be actually being hit often enough for it to proc, which most bosses don't (1 hit proc, 1 hit eats it, next hit procs, usually doesn't happen in 4 seconds)

mp5 tinket is horrible. maybe if a shammy healer had the 2 set it would be ok cuz of proc and 222sp added in, but not good for pallies.

10 man algalon has awesome trinket, 25 mim has good trinket. Lord jax trinket is technically bis, but i pass on it till all our shammies and druids have it as it's better for them. easy trinket for u to get that is better then the mp5 one, is the int trinket from reg 5 man toc. easy to farm it up.

your gear right now will hurt a raid doing 25 heroics, so, make sure to run daily heroics every day, do ony 10, toc 10, voa 10 and 25, and toc 25 each week, get the ring and more tier pieces before heroic.

No, I have 3 pieces of T9.5 gear but i have seen the Legplates of Failing Light Heroic drop last night that I could've rolled on but wasn't sure if I should wait to get the 4th piece to my T9.5 gear

I just joined a new guild which is much better than the one I came from. We are in 25man H TOGC and I am no longer the leet sauce I thought I was b4. ;D The first night I was doing about 3-5k hps and averaging around 3rd on healing meters but was running out of mana by the end of Gormok. My talents were in holy and around 15 in ret with 3 sp gems and the rest intell. After that night I respect'd and regemmed all intell gems. I am not really having mana issues anymore but my heals are around 2500-3k hps and I am last on healing meters. I refuse to spam heals when there is nothing to heal just to get on top of the meters though. My haste sux and I don't know what to do to get it up. I just got a couple new trinkets from ony to try and I'm not seeing a great improvement, so I guess I need to get, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724 talisman of resurgence, but wanted to try out the ony trinkets first. RAWR said they were good as a set. lol I've been playing this pally for 4 years and use my cd's whenever possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sh&n=Cheechers
    well.....get more int, divine plea whenever it's on cd...you can start casting divine plea when you at 85% mana, do not save your cd for DI...actually i am low on mana at worms, and get full mana again by the end of icehowl...

and...you don't have haste?........15% haste from judgement is more than enough....

i've been playing paladin since wow came out..and it's not funny by stacking int now...blizzard fixs it..

topping healing meter doesn't make any sense especially in aoe heavy fight for a paladin LOL

tier 9 4p bonus sucks...i only use sacred shield with FoL in specific fight. sacred shield is more like priest's shield for me..paladin stopped casting FoL mainly long time ago.

when we at lvl 60....we just buff ppl from No1 to 40 in the raid..

when we at lvl 70....we stack crit

when we at lvl 80....we stack int

when we at lvl 85....we stack ?

your goal is to make sure you have 0 mana at the end of the fight, don't stop healing because everyone is topped. that's not paladin's style. reroll druid or priest thx.

From looking at your spec right now, I have a couple comments. First, Improved Devotion Aura doesn't stack with the healing bonus from Tree Form druids. So if you're running with a Resto, that's a wasted point. If you're running with a Prot Pally, that's a wasted point. If you're running with neither of those, it might be worth it to you to pick up 3/3 in that talent.

I'm going to assume (unless you tell us differently) that you're running with at least one of the previously mentioned specs. In that case, your points would most likely be better spent in Improved Blessing of Wisdom, Blessed Hands... any of the utility talents exclusive to Holy Paladins. Improved Concentration Aura is good for Jaraxxus 25h, as the silence is terrible (and pretty much unavoidable) for us.

Also, unless I'm missing a gem somewhere, your meta isn't active.
    <a href="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Canonized">Canonized <Rakicide> - Turalyon US</a>
    Raid Vids

hey i figured i'd use this post to get some feed back on my own gear to see where i may be able to improve things like my haste rating or even mp5

i'm only using the 80 int trinket until i can get my hands on solace of the fallen any help would be appreciated
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mar&n=Thoreaxe

I fixed my gems and respec'd. I also already have the Tears of the Vanquished and bought the TAlisman of Resurgence, so my trinkets should be good until I can get better. Appreciate the help and other comments anyone has!

No, I have 3 pieces of T9.5 gear but i have seen the Legplates of Failing Light Heroic drop last night that I could've rolled on but wasn't sure if I should wait to get the 4th piece to my T9.5 gear
    IMO, I don't see the 4piece being worth it, though its a really nice bonus, too many pieces have mp5 on it, and its just unappealing to have to wear too much of it. So personally Chest//Legs Which have better offset pieces, i'll be getting, while the helm//shoulders are BiS, and gloves are just there due to nothing else being available.