Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gemming for haste.

Lately Ive been seeing a few Mutilate rogues on my server (Bonechewer) popping up in the woodwork Gemming for haste. Not just AP/haste, but full on 20 haste gems.

Any ideas as to why or did i just miss something on EJ?

Re: Gemming for haste.

There is no thread out there that tells people to do that to the best of my knowledge and I can not think of a reason for them to do that unless they are crit capped. Even when you are crit capped I would still think that AP would be better.

Are they top tier raiders or middle of the pack type guilds?

Middle of the pack type raiders.

In that case it sounds like people who are trying to re-invent the wheel, just trying things to see if they can find more DPS.

I believe they will find that AGIL/AP will be better but cudos to them for trying, no matter how off base I believe them to be.

You didn't miss anything. Gemming for haste is fail regardless of gear/spec. Gemming for AP/Agi in red sockets, and AP/Agi+crit in yellow sockets is the way to go as mutilate. I pasted a sample of my current EP values(I run mutilate with 4 piece T8.5)to help confirm this for you. I can't recall any times that haste has come close to surpassing the value of crit.

Strength 1.1
    Agility 2.040393852

Crit 1.70549602
    White Hit 1.193827901
    Spell Hit 1.757729352
    Expertise 1.868869422
    Haste 1.472721155
    Armor Penetration 1.232786619

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    There is no thread out there that tells people to do that to the best of my knowledge and I can not think of a reason for them to do that unless they are crit capped. Even when you are crit capped I would still think that AP would be better.

Are they top tier raiders or middle of the pack type guilds?

I never seen anyone hit 100% crit.

15+ Year Old Account

Crit cap is around 74%

Crit Cap ---> http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-ro...te-compendium/

Crit cap on white attacks is: 80.8% - [Misschance + Dodgechance]

crit cap is different for everyone and depends on your gear. it takes into account hit rating and expertise not everyone has the same exact numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury0021
    crit cap is different for everyone and depends on your gear. it takes into account hit rating and expertise not everyone has the same exact numbers.
    Yeah... as I've said... O_o

10+ Year Old Account

The white crit cap is different for everyone depending on your stats. You can calculate it for bosses like this:

104.8 - miss_chance(modified by hit rating) - dodge_chance(modified by expertise rating) - glancing_chance(24)

Assuming you're hit and expertise capped, your white crit cap for your main hand will be 80.8%, and the white crit cap for your off hand will be 80.8% minus whatever miss chance you still have on your off hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

15+ Year Old Account

the next person to repeat voij get's a dead smurf in the mail.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Same type of people that drop all there stam gems on pally's for strength gems while tanking ?!?! They are probably experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    <3

I like Voij's math when he shares it. Sometimes it makes my head spin, but in a good way. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    TBH, I want a smurf or two, Gargamel claims you can use them to create gold.

not everyone cares if they can get another 100dps by using the right gems. Maybe they just like haste?

Quote Originally Posted by McCrank
    not everyone cares if they can get another 100dps by using the right gems. Maybe they just like haste?
    this, lol

15+ Year Old Account

maybe someone pulled extremely cheap haste gems on ah?

For functional DPS in raid settings, its a junk stat so don't slot for it. ARP/AGI/AP/CRIT/EXP/Hit will give you alot more benefit than Haste.

I'm a speed freak and I will admit that it is really fun when you get your 2.6 dps mh to less than 1.5 atk speed, and your 1.4 off hand goes down to less than .6.

Course the gear was not hit capped, abysmal agi/atk pwr, but the flury of numbers is amazing to see.