Poll: What is the most annoying ability that is used against you/your team in an Arena match?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: POLL: Most annoying ability in Arena.

any kind of healing reducing ability...
    hate it hate it hate it

what's the point of healing anything when your heals just don't heal anything ;(

Deleted

um for me as a rogue i guess its frostnova of insane skillz, against mages im just frosted 24/7 and if i do get to the mage iceblock, and the nightmare starts all over again :P
    and well, bladestorm is really fun aswell, 40% hp in a second even if im 20yards away and have pulled evasion and CLOS (CLOS glyph 40% physical dmg red)

Deleted

Nothing is more annoying than using Bladestorm with 1.5 min CD and what the hell happens the DK Deathgrip´s you away from your target.

The two most annoying abilities according to the poll are both on the same class. Hmmm....

Anyway I voted fear. Fuck fear. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral
    Mana Burn...a ability to make a healer go oom in no time,gg Blizz for giving a class this ability with absolutely no cd!!!
    If you want really work on balancing pvp try starting with mana burn and put some cd on it like maybe 10 seconds,and chains of ice is just as bad imo.
    Lol, terribad. Have you actually ever stepped into an arena ? If not, you might want to look up the phrase "Line of sight".

Quote Originally Posted by Heratix
    Ehrm, Power Word: Shield doesn't heal for 7K+. You probably mean Desperate Prayer.
    Power Word: Shield with glyph is 1 K tops.

Anyway, what most anoyes me is the undisspellable slow from the DK's (can't recall its name).
    He means that the absorb acts like a 7k heal (you don't take 7k worth of damage), and it bypasses all healing reduction effects.

Anyway, on topic, for me it's a close call between cyclone (10 second lockout from a healer) or bladestorm (but especially in conjunction with unrelenting assault, how blizzard have allowed -75% healing reduction for so long, I will never know).

Quote Originally Posted by aldarion
    Nothing is more annoying than using Bladestorm with 1.5 min CD and what the hell happens the DK Deathgrip´s you away from your target.
    then uhh.. wait till the dk deathgrips you... THEN use bladestorm? really half of arena is knowing when/where to use your abilities. if deathgrip screws you on bs every time, just wait till deathgrip is used or the dk is already in melee range to you to use it.. like with my pally... 90% of players will trinket out of repentence, not realizing it automatically wears off once i hit them.. but they do, and then i can hammer of justice them and beat on them for the full duration.. makes me giggle every time

Suicide: The act of pwning ones self.

Excuse me, sir, you appear to have forgotten something.

When I ever so occasionally venture into an arena or two with an equally unseasoned pvper-friend, I come to find skill the most annoying thing to encounter.

With my mage, i get really annoyed with hunters who FD when I cast and shaman's grounding totems =/

10+ Year Old Account

This thread just gave me my signature ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.
    Your 14.99 entitles you to play the game however you want. However, the rest of our $359.76 says learn your fucking class

Chaos bolt >_<
    Give us order, not chaos! ;D
    FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

Most annoying arena ability for my arena team? Bladestorm. It was a hunter and I (on my paladin), both in crafted PvP blues (we are PvEers, so our arena team was for laughs) so when the warrior would run over to him the hunter would disengage, the warrior would intercept, then bladestorm, and no CC abilities in the game could have saved him. Then the warrior and his teammate would gang up on the poor lonely paladin (who often times would get close to winning. That is why shields are my friend.)

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
    -Voltaire

Fear!.. Often (Note: That's subjective ^^) when I fear my killtarget, it runs straight out of line of sight o_o

Most annoying ability in Arena: elelolshaman+bloodlust+destrolollock lolOPcombo

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    Because CoI is probably the easiest snare in the game to dispel.
    And also easiest to re-apply........

I personally hate counterspell etc.

Simply because they have NO diminishing returns and when you face a mage+something that can interrupt, I simply can't cast for shit.

And no. Fake-casting doesn't always work because some tards counterspell it as soon as you start casting, because they know that the teammate will intercept the next cast.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    Every other cc is avoidable.
    CoI will have DKs sacrifice DPS
    Stuns are dispellable(trinket/freedom) and difficult to reapply
    Fears are dispelled from 70% of the classes.
    Frost nova breaks if a butterfly sits on your shoulder.

Bubble will pop just before you get that kill after 7 hours of beating the crap out of that paladin and unless there's a warrior or a priest in your group you're there to sit and watch, while the other team goes godmode for 12 seconds.
    From your lead-in, it really sounds like are positioning yourself to label cyclone as the most annoying ability. Your setup really doesn’t build a compelling argument against bubble considering you are comparing CCs to a defensive CD. That being said, it can be annoying but it is not like you don’t see it coming. Truth be told, bubble is far less aggravating than it was 3 years ago.

I will go with cyclone as the ability that annoys me the most (for the reasons described by the poster I quoted, although it is avoidable; the annoying part is you can only break it with trinket). Admittedly, this ability feels less powerful in larger brackets and 2s doesn’t mean much.

Deleted

On my prot/holy pala its CYCLONE 3times in a row! So OP, and then the drood just cyclone my partner 3 times and then back to me. Boom lost

On my mage, its slow/snare. Mostly rouges.

For my 2v2 war partner its COI and death grip Almost killed the DK's healer, DG and COI

death grip + chains of ice

you can get fucking gripped while bladestorming.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

i play holy with arms.

When i read the comments i have to smile. Cyclone isnt that bad, of course druids need a cc, but that it hasnt any cooldown doesnt bother me, it also doesnt bother me that you cant bubble out of it. I also dont care that its bugged and removes Divine Sacrifice and doesnt bring it back. No. I can deal with that
    I can live with CoI beeing spammed and my warrior can only deal damage with HoF, and when he tries to finish for once with Bladestorm, he gets Deathgripped away. I can live with that...

The most annoying ability has to be fear. If its rogue priest then this will happen :

They do incredible retarded lolburst on my warrior in defstance without shield (because of dismantle) then i put my silence on the priest (after he trinkets my stun and undead-racials the warriors fear) when he comes walking to me so he wont fear me - he fears me anyway because when i press avengers shield it takes a second until it arrives at priest and it takes another second until the silence applies.
    Then i get feared far away from my partner, out of LoS. Then, with Crippling Poison on me (FoK), it takes me about 10 seconds to get back in LoS. ENOUGH time to kill my warrior whose defensive Cooldowns and abilities meant nothing because shield gets dismantled. We tried also very often to just burst down the rogue when priest is cc'ing me, but the rogue doesnt take damage from the warrior, kiting and dodging and dismantling and stunning.

Same with warlocks. Or this happens with warlock/rogue

Rogue saps/blinds my warrior, damages me a bit, i get a fear, and warlock bursts me for 20k within seconds where i cant even bubble so fast. 800 resilience ....

Or the Warlock is affliction, putting dots on me AND warrior which tick for alot of damage, cant be dispelled because of UA and spam fear on us both, making it inpossible to heal....

This all happened on 2k rating on cyclone. After my warrior has seen that with me, he just smiles with me about deathknights and druids.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jester_Joker
    Most annoying arena ability for my arena team? Bladestorm. It was a hunter and I (on my paladin), both in crafted PvP blues (we are PvEers, so our arena team was for laughs) so when the warrior would run over to him the hunter would disengage, the warrior would intercept, then bladestorm, and no CC abilities in the game could have saved him. Then the warrior and his teammate would gang up on the poor lonely paladin (who often times would get close to winning. That is why shields are my friend.)
    Hunter could have deterrenced or you could have BoP'd him...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoholicx

Rogue saps/blinds my warrior, damages me a bit, i get a fear, and warlock bursts me for 20k within seconds where i cant even bubble so fast. 800 resilience ....
    Rogue is bad for wasting sap on a warrior.
    Warrior is worse for not knowing Zerker rage breaks it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama