Page 1 of 2
LastLast

professions for a boomkins dps

What would the best choice be? im assuming JC for the additional sp but i have a max JC so dont really want to do that.

any suggestions?
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Re: professions for a boomkins dps

Tailoring ranks in at number one thanks to the lightweave cloak enhancement.

The rest JC, BS, LW etc are 'similar', although JC edges out in front - there really isn't much in it.

I've personally taken LW for the 76sp wrist enchant, and combined with tailoring gives me cheap leg enchants for all three specs ;D

k thanks im leaning towards LW since i have max skinning for the crit, easy mats, gonna drop herbalism which is an awesome gathering profession for a druid (SFF) but since herbs are so darn cheap on AH kind of a waste of time and a skill.

Aye, my druid was originally a gather-bot alt with Mining/Herbalism - but since rolling him as my main, and realising that I could never be arsed to divert 10yards from my flightpath to herb or mine something, I decided squeezing a bit more DPS would be wise by picking up Tailoring and LW.

If you want cash nowadays, just play around in the AH for a few hours or do some dailies :>

I'd like to try Engineering on a balance druid - I imagine the on demand haste during Lunar Eclipse would be rather tasty.

I like Alch. You get the +47 SP, plus 2 hrs flasks for raiding. Not to mention the transmute epic gems every day
    "Peace is a lie"

Alch\tailoring. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by qft
    Alch\tailoring. /thread
    qft

"Tailoring gives a slightly stronger DPS benefit than other professions with its cloak enchant. Beyond that, Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Inscription, Jewelcrafting, and Leatherworking all provide a roughly equal gain of 46 spellpower. Engineering and Skinning are weakest, both giving less benefit than 46 spellpower. Mining and Herbalism provide no DPS gain."

Quoted from elitest jerks

Im lw/skinning.Its deserving.
    You can't use this while stunned.

After 3.2 they normalized all of the profesion (non gathering) benifits. While the Tailoring one looks really pretty it actully balances out with all the other SP enchants. The problem is Boomkins are the most RNG dps class. Adding more RNG to your fight just adds inconsist results. You could really step it up one fight, then have it proc every time you have to move out of fire, or when eclipse won't proc the next fight. The cheap leg patches are nice though. I think in the end it really comes down to what you like to do and how you like to play. I have LW and Alch. I love the long flasks + boosted stats and I am the only raiding LW in my guild right now, so free patterns every time they drop. LW also helps my offspec a lot which is Bear for the cheap leg enchants. This combo isn't right for everyone. I doubt it would benifit a boomkin tree as much as me, but when it comes down to it the bonuses are really all about the same in the end.
    -Tinderhoof

im leaning towards tailoring or LW since i have a jc and an alchemist and an enchanter i assume they are both about the same for bringing in extra money and both are the same for sp boost but would be nice to make a flying carpet, thats tailoring i assume...but im already max skinning which would make mats easy to come by for LW ahhh decisions decisions.

is there a list anywhere that shows all the seperate benifits you get for being a grand master in diff professions?

Alch\tailoring. /thread

anything(person fav inscript so you dont have to do dailies)+engi, the haste boost during heroism potion of speed lunar eclipse is insane. ~20k dps on command changes fights with the way hard modes work atm.
    ToC fights:
    1st boss: burst during the time icehowl is stunned
    2nd boss: burst killing volcanoes/adds quickly
    3rd boss: breaking bubbles
    4th boss: the key to this encounter is reducing the number of opponents early on
    5th boss: the burn at 30% is what makes or breaks this fight.

Also the rocket boots will save your life a few times and a dead dps does no dps. Personally engi+other is the best way to go for raiding at least this teir of content.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Deleted

As said above, tailoring is slightly better, but in the long run, it wont matter that much. Simply take what you prefer, and the bonus you can get from them will even out nicely (disregarding discounts and the like).

I personally went mining/JC. I only this sunday dropped mining to powerlevel enchanting (5 hours, 4000g = 405 skill ) for the ring enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanite
    anything(person fav inscript so you dont have to do dailies)+engi, the haste boost during heroism potion of speed lunar eclipse is insane. ~20k dps on command changes fights with the way hard modes work atm.
    ToC fights:
    1st boss: burst during the time icehowl is stunned
    2nd boss: burst killing volcanoes/adds quickly
    4th boss: the key to this encounter is reducing the number of opponents early on

5th boss: the burn at 30% is what makes or breaks this fight.

Also the rocket boots will save your life a few times and a dead dps does no dps. Personally engi+other is the best way to go for raiding at least this teir of content.
    Wat?

i have enchanting back from tbc days when only enchanting gave bonuses to you. enchanting sux now. =|
    (5 hours, 4000g = 405 skill )
    what a waste of time and gold.
    its vice versa. 4th breaking bubbles, 3rd reducing number of opponents. typo i guess.
    Also the rocket boots will save your life a few times and a dead dps does no dps
    all fights were desingned without rocket boots in mind, so its perfectly fine without them.

Changed Alch to Engi just for fun and never looked back. From raiding pow id say that engineering is kinda ok, but for a more serious raider i wouldnt suggest it.

Haste enchant for hands is kinda fun when you have lunar eclipse, heroism or some other buff that you get from the fights. I like it, because i like to use active skills and try to make the right calls at right times. More fun to deside to do something, rather than just look how my puffs flick on and off (mainly refering to trinkets here). Still, on a long run i thing id be better off with the spell power enchant that i can have there.

Of the boots.
    This is the most common answer we see "all fights were desingned without rocket boots in mind, so its perfectly fine without them."
    And it, offcourse, is true! But lets put it this way, if rocket boots were availabe for everyone, i am pretty shure it would be mandatory for serious raider to have them. There is just too many sitations where having them makes the difference. I admit, most of these situations i refer to are situations, where positional mistakes have already been done. And not just by the owner of the boots. Calculating HOW effective "enchants" like these are, is really, really hard. How much dps will you give to ability that, in essence can make the difference between life and death. For a good player in a good raid that doesnt do a lot of mistakes, not much. For a half deasent palyer with friends who tend group up when your not supposed to, the value is much higher. I quess you just have to deside your self.

Compared to what else we have available for the same slot, my personal opinion is that Nitro Boosts is really strong. Everything else that one can have there, just ads more of what you allready have (expet for the small speed buff) where as Nitro Boosts gives your toolbox a whole new tool to work with.

I have it in my heal gear, i have it in my tanking gear, i have it in my PvP gear and i have it in my raid gear. It had proven its worth to me too many times to not have it. (then again, im a guy who stacks first aid stuff, medicines and food IRL, carries a FA kit with him everyday and in all aspects, plan for the "oh Shits" of life)

My 2cents (okay, well.. a bit more, but hey. Whos counting )
    Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Deleted

i have enchanting back from tbc days when only enchanting gave bonuses to you. enchanting sux now. =|what a waste of time and gold.
    Not at all. I enjoy the extra 50 spellpower, and im not really making any money from my jewelcrafting - heck, most professions are in the same boat there.

However, since i am enchanting on vellum, i can pop up all of the usefull enchants i make as i level up, up on the AH, and presto, money returns to me

i have enchanting back from tbc days when only enchanting gave bonuses to you. enchanting sux now. =|what a waste of time and gold.its vice versa. 4th breaking bubbles, 3rd reducing number of opponents. typo i guess.all fights were desingned without rocket boots in mind, so its perfectly fine without them.

thks all good info ive always wanted a engineer so ill prob drop herbalism and grab engineer sounds like some unique fun things in that profession and hey if i dont like it its only gold right.

Deleted

I'm actually getting rid of herbing myself and don't know what to get , enchanting seems like the best option cause I don't like and never have liked leatherworking (altho I do see the bonus side to having it I just don't enjoy leveling it) any ideas of how much it costs or if it's even worth it ???

I have enchanting as my second and while the ring enchants are nice, its kind of.. well mehh.. Once its up, its up and that it. I quess you can make money with it, but atleast for me, the really brofitable times are when im leveling alts. Bear in mind thou, that our guild has policy of disenchanting all unused loot from all instances to guild bank for future use in guild sponsored raidgear enchants. So i dont really get to keep a lot of stuff that i dissenchant :P

Personally, id like to have another "active" profession with stuff that i can use daily. Engineering is brilliant in this way. Jeewes, wormholeportal, portable mailbox, bombs for PvP and few "on use" items that are rally handy from time to time.

Khad

Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.