Just hit level 68, should I respec?

I've been using Demonology, recently with the Felguard, as I've leveled my Warlock. Now that I've hit Northrend, I'm wondering if it makes sense to respec Affliction. Is there a significant DPS boost in either tree, or Destruction for that matter?

Re: Just hit level 68, should I respec?

All three specs are great for lvling but desto has more burst=mod dead faster...but demon....you can solo group quests if you know what your doing...id stay demon if i was you ;p

15+ Year Old Account

I'll illustrate each spec by its main disadvantage, and let you decide:

Affliction - Looting 200 corpses before they despawn simply because you got lost in tab-dotting everything.

Demonology - That God Damned Pet

Destruction - Drinking after 40-50 mobs, shaking in rage because that one mob has escaped your wrath for a whole 15 seconds

R.I.P. YARG

LOL, all of those just sound like terrible options...

I was demo for most of 1-70. Tested aff but didn't really like it.

Tried out destruction at 70 and never looked back.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jaltar
    LOL, all of those just sound like terrible options...
    All specs have a downside. Disc Priests have mana issues, Holy Priests can only single target, Shadow Priests have to chase down corpses to loot.
    Arms Warriors have no self-heal until 75, Fury has issues with more than 2 targets, Prot has low dps.

Pick the one you can tolerate the most. You can't fail getting to 80.

R.I.P. YARG

People told me to level demo from 70-80 and I hated it. Respecced affliction, and at like lvl 77 I ran a bunch of instance which I used my dual spec destro spec for. Never went back to affliction for levelling. Only had to eat/drink a couple times in those 3 levels.

With afflic i always ended a fight with 100% health and 100% mana

i lvl'd affliction till outland, even though it was still amazing, i was getting bored, so i got duel spec and went demon & destro. Had a lot of fun with destro, but just couldn't solo some quests and switched to demon. basically, if u dont want to search for groups, then go demom, its boring, but no down time and turning into a demon is always fun.

I did this:

10-60: Affliction
    60-70: Demonology
    70-80: Destro

Destro might be hard to lvl with, but atleast I had fun world PvPing. ;a
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaltar
    I've been using Demonology, recently with the Felguard, as I've leveled my Warlock. Now that I've hit Northrend, I'm wondering if it makes sense to respec Affliction. Is there a significant DPS boost in either tree, or Destruction for that matter?
    At 68+, I leveled my lock 41/30. I haven't tried leveling Affliction in NR content, but I was always comfortable leveling with the Felguard. It only took a week or two from 68 to 80 in this spec; but that may also have to do with the fact that I was very comfortable with the 41/30 spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    All specs have a downside. Disc Priests have mana issues, Holy Priests can only single target, Shadow Priests have to chase down corpses to loot.
    Arms Warriors have no self-heal until 75, Fury has issues with more than 2 targets, Prot has low dps.

Pick the one you can tolerate the most. You can't fail getting to 80.
    what? you sure you tried it?

15+ Year Old Account

Personally, I had T5/T6 gear, so I did Northrend in 33-36 hours as Affliction for Realm First Warlock & Gnome.
    With the changes to Destro, I could probably do that again.

I don't think Demo is as much of a boost than it was before.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

There is no "best" spec, it all depends on what you want to do.

Your options at 68:
    (the "+" in the point distribution means, where further points go after that)

Deep Affliction (51/0/0) +8
    - High dps, good survivability.
    - Available points can go either in Destro (buffing Shadow Bolt for dps in instances) or Demo (buffing Void Walker as tank).
    - Second major glyph either Corruption, Haunt or Life Tap. If you plan to go for Demo as second tree, then Void Walker might also be an option.
    - Marks: A for questing/grinding, B for Elites/Group Quests, A-B for instances.

Demo with Siphon Life (21/38+/0)
    - Medium dps, max survivability.
    - Until you get Felguard at lvl 71, your second major glyph can be Corruption, Life Tap or Void Walker.
    - Marks: A-B for questing/grinding, A for Elites/Group Quests, B-C for instances.

Destro (0/0+/52) + 7
    - Very high dps, low survivability.
    - Second major glyph can also be Immolate.
    - If you plan this as your instance-only dual spec, then you can shift points from Soul Leech/Imp. Soul Leech to other dps talents (like this).
    - depending on your gear you can put points in Suppression for more hit, but while leveling you most likely only encounter mobs about your own level (+/-2) and you can easily get the needed 6% from items.
    - Marks: B-C for questing/grinding, C-D for Elites/Group Quests, A for instances.

So depending on your need, i would suggest the following:

Affliction: perfect for questing/grinding. For some harder group quests you might need additional people, but the easier elite mobs are no problem. If you have no dual spec, then this would be my choice because you can also do good dps in instances.

Felguard/Siphon Life: very good for questing/grinding. Your DoTs don't tick as hard as Affliction, but your pet's dps is contributing a fair amount. The strength of this build is the incredible soloing quality: Even most 5-man group quests are easily dealt with. The downside is an only mediocre dps in instances.

Destro: This is your instance build. You can also quest/grind with it, but elite mobs will be a problem (especially those immune to fear/stun/snare). If you have dual spec, then pair this with the Felguard/Siphon Life build and you are good to go.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot
    Your options at 68:
    Deep Affliction (51/0/0) +8
    ive checked only your aff spec and its utterly awful
    shadow embrace is competely useless for leveling since you barely cast sb or haunt, so is amplify curse as it reduces the time between your dots
    grim reach is very helpful since you can dot mobs from farer away
    dark pact is for these moment when you cant life tap, imp howl of terror signifiently reduces the damage taken by you, this talent makes the spec
    haunt is useful for elite only, you wont need it for mobs

did you ever play a warlock ? :\

and yes, there is THE best spec for leveling and its affliction
    this 1 is much much better - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Ifx0burhkiVRhkh0Gbho

Hi gherkin! It's Deyman, you maybe remember me, I made that thread "Hi, my name is Deyman. And I'm an altoholic" and after that discussion in that thread you made your Warlock leveling guild which became a sticky post on theese forums (GJ man)

I wanted to let u know that I followed everything you said and it worked out great!
    My warlock is lvl70 as im writing this and back to the topic...

Im gonna level 70-80 as affliction. Why? Because I love the playstyle. It all boils down to your personall taste of different specs, I guess.

@OP

Open the page that shows te topics in the warlock forums

click the warlock leveling guide sticky

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...m,ypFO3e,10571

That is beefy Affliction spec, there's next to no dying, and you rape everything's face really fast.