Pre-Cataclysm Moneysink

First of all, i apoligize if there's already an existing post like this, i searched and found nothing. (There is a Cataclysm luxury moneysink post, but this is nothing like it.)

So yeah, pre-WotLK we had the 22 Gigantique Bag to sink peoples money before it came out.
    What do people think it'll be this expansion? Is the expensive mounts enough?

Personally, i'm thinking the Argent Tournament mounts will be purchasable with gold so people can waste their money there and have less money available for Cataclysm. That or something that'll make players able to buy levels for their alts with gold.

Share some thoughts on this!

Re: Pre-Cataclysm Moneysink

Seeing as how I barely try to get gold, and have soo much I don't know what to do with, I WOULD LOVE IT if they let us buy the arent tourny mounts for gold. Sadly I doubt that will happen.

My money is that the guild achievement system will launch with the 3.4 patch (prepare for 4.0 patch) and that there will be many ways for players to dump gold into that.

Also, I would not be at all supprised if they add a quest or vendor to upgrade your STARTING bag to 24-26 slots since it is still 16.

They also may let us dump money into adding a new layer of bank slots. I for one am tired of having to sadly choose which of my old favorite items to gid rid of. (EGANS BLASTER FOREVER@!@!)

PvE frostwyrm is my bet. Blizzard has yet to fork one over for non-Gladiators. >_>

I was digging through the PTR files and it certainly looks to me like Blizzard has done more work on the 5-person mammoths...

15+ Year Old Account

A proto-drake I dont care how much it costs.. i NEED one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    the 3.4 patch (prepare for 4.0 patch).
    Even if there is a 3.4 Patch (which I very much doubt), it will NOT be a content patch.
    So no, the new guild system will not be inb4 Cataclysm drops.
    Death succeeds over everything, even love, this is why we fight...

the expansion doesn't start with 4.0

Wrath didn't start with 3.0 (.2)

TBC didn't start with 2.0 (.1)

we will have (some) Cata features before Cata hits same as it's been before.

there is a faction in 3.3 i think. there may be a money sink tied to that.
    (Frostwyrms are a decent bet tbh)
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by Solveig
    Even if there is a 3.4 Patch (which I very much doubt), it will NOT be a content patch.
    I'm betting you said the same about the Achivement system in TBC?-.-

An Icecrown faction with Frostwyrm would be great

A proto-drake Sad I dont care how much it costs.. i NEED one.
    Glory of the Hero? It's SO easy

Traveler's Mammoth is 16k at exalted Kirin Tor
    Armored Gryphon/Wind Rider is 800 I believe
    Grand Ice Mammoth from Sons of Hodir exalted is 8800

buying a run through 10-man Uld hard modes for a Rusted averages 15-20k depending on server

buying a run through 25-man Uld hard modes for a Ironbound averages 30-40k depending on server

Plenty of things to dump your money on if that's all you really do in WoW is generate cash.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    A proto-drake I dont care how much it costs.. i NEED one.
    I agree. They should put one that costs gold. I mean, I'm on my what, 17th egg? Nothing. Two achievements away from the red one, and no one will help me get it. And I missed the summer holiday events, so I'm screwed. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDirtbag
    I agree. They should put one that costs gold. I mean, I'm on my what, 17th egg? Nothing. Two achievements away from the red one, and no one will help me get it. And I missed the summer holiday events, so I'm screwed. >.<
    Uh you missed the easiest event.. thats lame.
    Well I hope there will be an epic (literally not color-wise) flying mount with the ashen verdict. Maybe bronze proto drakes (used by argent crusade).. would be epic just because all the no-lifers who farmed the time-lost are no longer unique and there will be enough QQ to start the cataclysm (bad pun). Frostwyrm would be epic too..whatever happens I'm looking forward for rep rewards.

Otherwise the wotlk money-sink are the mounts at >10k cost (big hodir and dalaran mammoth and chopper).
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Uh you missed the easiest event.. thats lame.
    Well I hope there will be an epic (literally not color-wise) flying mount with the ashen verdict. Maybe bronze proto drakes (used by argent crusade).. would be epic just because all the no-lifers who farmed the time-lost are no longer unique and there will be enough QQ to start the cataclysm (bad pun). Frostwyrm would be epic too..whatever happens I'm looking forward for rep rewards.

Otherwise the wotlk money-sink are the mounts at >10k cost (big hodir and dalaran mammoth and chopper).
    Well, actually I missed all the events between May and August. (I didn't have dah money to pay) And, it would be awesome if they added a new faction regarding to ICC. And, at exalted you can pay a shitload of gold for a frostwyrm or something like that.

I'd imagine any new protos added will be ICC hardmode rewards. Sadly I can't see them adding a frostwyrm rep reward - too much QQ from arena folks. Perhaps a rare drop in ICC itself though?

Quote Originally Posted by Solveig
    Umm.. yes there will be.

There has been a content patch right before both of the other expansions, so this one will too. Maybe it wasn't called "3.4" (maybe its called 4.0? or 3.3.2?) or what ever, but it will be there.

Point is, there will be a MAJOR content patch right before the expansion that adds the changes to the class trees, changes to item stats and start the world event that leads to Deathwings emergecne. This will all happen in a PRE EXPANSION patch. And yes, most likely the guild achievemnt system will be added then too (JUST LIKE THE regular achievment system was added months before wraths launch.)