Thread: Its about time

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Its about time

Quote Originally Posted by baele
    Haste is availabe on all the offsets. Its not too hard to get 500 haste with offsets.
    Because all the shadow priest that PvP(few ones that are left) spent all their honor on crit gear.

I have all crit off sets, its the way to go. Changing out haste for crit would be stupid anyways. Dots tick faster, but crit less.

The good players will change to haste gear when these changes go live. Lots of top affliction locks are already stacking haste just so their gcd is lower and they can cast more spells, even though their dots are none the stronger for it. With these changes to spriests, many will be stacking haste. Crit doesn't help you get a VT, MB or heal off before getting interrupted or ccd, doesn't help your utility spells like dispels, mana burn and mind control, doesn't help you dot up two targets at the same time with lower gcds, haste helps with all of that. The throughput power of haste, which will likely equal crit, is just icing on the cake.

Its usually Mind Blast/SW combo that kills the healer, not dots... having mind flay and mb critting more will surely pressure a healer.

Don't forget, we have no dot protection for DP, many disc priests and holy pallies have no problem dispelling VT(Either take 15k damage in the dot duration, or 5k damage up front dispelling it) keep applying VT faster would help, but still.... It will take alot of grinding to replace all my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    Don't worry my fellow priests.
    It'll all be gone before it goes live.

See the post above me, warlocks already crying.
    It's not like they already do 3k dps more than us... oh, wait!
    ^^
    This, so bad
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by thantos
    Its usually Mind Blast/SW combo that kills the healer, not dots... having mind flay and mb critting more will surely pressure a healer.

Don't forget, we have no dot protection for DP, many disc priests and holy pallies have no problem dispelling VT(Either take 15k damage in the dot duration, or 5k damage up front dispelling it) keep applying VT faster would help, but still.... It will take alot of grinding to replace all my gear.
    You're underselling the DoT damage... yes it's the MB/SW combo while DoTs are ticking and depending on when you begin casting the MB/SW you can have as many as 6 DoT ticks occur when the SW finishes it's GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Warlocks whining is ofc mostly due to the fact that they get a PvE nerf due to PvP QQ. And one tree nerfed to make another more attractive.
    Welcome to the world of roguecraft.....

Quote Originally Posted by adezero
    has anyone considered how fast the dots would tick on vezax?
    wow

Quote Originally Posted by smapple
    Ridiculous; priests get haste scaling with all their dots with one talent point, whereas afflic locks have to give up a glyph slot for ONE dot.

Thanks, Blizz.
    Um, probably because a good afflic lock will always out dps a good SP because our dots tick for more?

Believe me, if after these changes shadow priests start outdps'ing an affliction, the shadow priests will get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by thantos
    Now what about PvP?

The VE change is nice, thats one less GCD we have to apply.

It would be nice if blizz could increase the amount healed by it... still heals for about the same at level 70.

Only downside is that I use VE to kill grounding totem and to kill a warriors spell reflect.. I guess I'll just have to start using mind soothe?

Haste isn't on PvP gear for shadow so its a PvE buff ofc.

So basically, we have VE as a buff, it will be Passive, only need to refresh every 30 mins like inner fire. Kinda like warlocks Fel armor, except theirs heals for more, and priests need to do damage for heals.
    spriests are still at the bottom of the healing-via-damage meter. locks/blood dks/paladins all do about 2x the self healing of shadow

and since it's still a no brainer that you SHOULD wipe the spreist's dots the second they go up, that healing still won't be happening because the damage being done will still be low

vt rarely crits on dispel, less than 3% of the time as of right now and it costs a pally less cleanse the dots than it does for an spriest to apply them

also, mind soothe doesn't count against totems and spell reflect right now

Quote Originally Posted by Drooid
    Um, probably because a good afflic lock will always out dps a good SP because our dots tick for more?

Believe me, if after these changes shadow priests start outdps'ing an affliction, the shadow priests will get nerfed.
    in reality, they're still 20% behind the top dps classes, which is about 15% behind where blizz said they should be

the dps increase on the ptr is not that much, i've seen 400-800 on legit tests and that's in t8 or t9, in t10, it will probably be less and that's where they're hurting the most