Shadow DPS buff that went by unnoticed

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mage
    Fire
    • Improved Scorch now increases spell critical strike chance against the target by 5% but no longer stacks. (Up from 1%, Stacks up to 5)
    Rejoice, my fellow shadows!
    No more waiting for slack mages before the intial SW: P ^^

Re: Shadow DPS buff that went by unnoticed

I came into the thread thinking "Now someone have dug through the PTR and found something interesting"

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

you are still waiting for 5xweaving anyway, and all mages are arcane now ;( none to give the scorch buff

Yeah mages are arcane now, you should hav ea demo lock for pet buff that does the scorch buff with a talented and glyphed SB

10+ Year Old Account

Ele shamans give it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Ele shamans give it too.
    And here I've been playing this game thinking they give the 5% crit aura buff that doesn't stack with a moonkin, how foolish of me :/

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    And here I've been playing this game thinking they give the 5% crit aura buff that doesn't stack with a moonkin, how foolish of me :/
    Yeah, you were right. The 5% crit debuff is supplied by Fire/Frost Mages (Scorch/Winter's Chill) and Affliction Warlocks (Improved Shadow Bolt). It's not supplied by Shaman, they provide the crit buff, not the crit debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    I lol'd.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Yeah, you were right. The 5% crit debuff is supplied by Fire/Frost Mages (Scorch/Winter's Chill) and Affliction Warlocks (Improved Shadow Bolt). It's not supplied by Shaman, they provide the crit buff, not the crit debuff.
    elementals provide a crit debuff...
    3% for all
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

My bad, that means they're providing the minor crit debuf, meaning they still don't provide the same buff Mages and Warlocks can provide. :

Quote Originally Posted by bone123
    3% for all
    And you can get another 5% spell crit from a properly specced mage/warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by bone123
    3% for all
    Which shares the same debuff slot that Ret Paladins use for the same 3% crit. Oh wow, you see what I did there?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    My bad, that means they're providing the minor crit debuf, meaning they still don't provide the same buff Mages and Warlocks can provide. :
    your bad again the debuffs are not exclusive, one is 3% on all and other is 5% on spell

If raid is properly set up, every caster should receive +13% more on crit. Mages are exception because of damn FM trade.

Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    your bad again the debuffs are not exclusive, one is 3% on all and other is 5% on spell
    So, because they're not exclusive somehow that means that they're the same buff? I think you completely missed my point. Thanks for playing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    If raid is properly set up, every caster should receive +13% more on crit. Mages are exception because of damn FM trade.
    I used to get FM back in the Ulduar day from one of our Mages because "you always crit like every 3 seconds or something", but now that they're all Arcane and casting stuff every half second, I won't get any

If it all goes well, locks will respecc from faceroll destro to affliction and provide the debuff.