Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Does your pet get healed by healers ?

personally I don't have the pets show up in 25mans, there's just not enough room to show up to 15 pets along those 25 raiders (don't come talking about 40man raids please - IIRC healers was assigned to different groups to heal, not the entire raid). They do get healed from JoL (I believe, not sure) and can be targets for smarttarget heals (CH, WG, CoH ect) and that is probably about what you can expect them to get healed with in a 25man. That is generally enough though, as pets take 90% less AoE damage.

In a 10man and lower however, I have them enabled, and I do throw a heal on them every now and then, but more often than not I'll just let it bounce off a melee instead.

You can't reliably expect healers to always heal your pet. No matter the situation, it's better to save an actual raider than a pet and as such you should use your own pet-healing abilities if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    Depends. In 5-mans and 10-mans, I'll throw out heals to pets if I'm not busy with any raid member (which I usually am, as I'm generally tank-healing). But unless we all overgear 25-man instances, I generally don't care about pets, they will get hit by accidental AoE healing if no raid members needs it (I hope :P )

EDIT: To clarify, it's at the very bottom of my priority, just above doing dps myself. At which point pets hardly ever take damage.
    Basically this. Almost never get asked to heal a pet anyway and the bad hunters that do ask me, I ignore. Your pet is NOT a raid member. If it dies and it's such a huge dps loss, then res it. Otherwise learn to control it better maybe, and move it out of WWs or fires etc. Unless you are doing something wrong your pet really shouldn't need any heals or at most just a mend pet for you.

As a healer it is actually somewhat annoying when a CH/WG/CoH hits a pet over a dps. Your pet does less dps than a person and unless we have a Battle Res up, we can't res the player. I only do it on purpose if I have a lot of spare GCDs and mana, or totally over gear an instance. Usually I don't even have pet frames enabled in anything over 10 man (25 raids or 40 bgs etc).

Not to be a dick, but your point of view is wrong. If I stop healing the raid to heal your pet and another healer or even the tank dies, I completely failed at my job. If your pet is dying on many encounters, sorry to say but it's a L2play issue.

Why would you take a BM hunter raiding?

if 5 man heoics i heal pets but on raids i cant even seem them lol i will try and heal it if somone is BM but for high end raiding most hunters <or at least ares> non of them are BM marks or servival sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ^-^

i won't heal your pet. its your pet. ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

Myself > Tanks > Healers > DPS > Misc.

That's my priority while healing.

Depends. I mostly play BM in pve and pvp.

In pvp enemy just ignore my pet so my pet rarely needs any heal. Also in pvp I have pet specced to have lick ur wounds and hearth of phoenix.

In pve I use devilsaur and I don't have specced lick ur wounds neither hearth of phoenix so my pet itself doesn't have any healing abilities. So time to time on different bosses my pet needs healing. Specialy in VOA fire boss, freya 2nd phase, TOC worms (tanks must know how much to move boss so not even pet stands in aoe damage). There healers in my guild throw some hots on my pet. No more is needed, coz I also have specced to have 10% more healing efect on me and my pet. While soling or in 5-man dungeons I use cat and pet has a lot more healing and survivability abilities. So yes BM hunter must not specc in lick ur wounds and hearth of phoenix to get maximum out of pet, but that brings a need of healing of hunter's pets from healers.
    Welcome to planet Earth, home of the human kind. Do you intend to stay for long? It's pretty fucking shitty here, as you can tell already... -Mosotti

Quote Originally Posted by Vashta
    Why would you take a BM hunter raiding?
    COz BM hunter can outDPS other specced hunters and members. In my case I'm mostly on top of DPS... Why take it? 3% damage buff if u don't have retri pally is nice for raid and 3% moar damage > 10% increased AP from MM hunter or shaman. 3% buff applies also to casters...
    Welcome to planet Earth, home of the human kind. Do you intend to stay for long? It's pretty fucking shitty here, as you can tell already... -Mosotti

I'll maybe heal pets in 5 mans simply because I'm bored and there's not much else to do as a healer. I never heal pets in 10 or 25 mans, partly because I don't have my UI set up to monitor them, and mainly because more important things need healing. Good hunters can take care of their pets themselves 99% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

as a paladin healer i have the pet shown only on heroic, and not all time.

sometimes a member die because a pet got wounded just before, and i had launched the heal for him, and can't be quick for the player.

as a drood healer, i hate pets, cause they got my aoe heal at the place of other dps all the time.

when a pet die in a 5 man instance, he die all the time, or he never die. depends on the hunter controling it, not on the healer.

don't care on raid, we have enough people to check, no need for more, it's the pet of a player, so it's the player responsability.

10+ Year Old Account

I never heal pets, its the hunters responsibility for pulling the pet out in time. I don't even have pets shown on my grid.
    Whenever I play my hunter alt I don't expect others to heal my pet either, so I just learned to pull out my pet in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunhilda
    My pet gets healed, sometimes, in 10/25 men.

Because I am rl and officer ^^.
    laim

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I have healbot set up with no names shown.
    I MT heal so I throw beacon on the MT and heal anyone else that drops low.

Having no names on healbot mean I heal anyone on there, including pets

Pets can make all the difference to the raid, especially if you're trying out heroic modes where every little bit of dps counts.

Of course, luckily, pets rarely take much damage from bosses anyway and are usually kept alive by their owners. Still doesn't mean I can't help keep them alive as they're still part of the raid.

Still annoying that they get smacked by Onyxia's tail though. I believe I read somewhere on here that it's being fixed in 3.3

Back when Sarth was a big deal my pet got heals when I didn't position properly or call back quick enough my pet got heals. When Ulduar started I switched to my healer, and I heal pets when I'm bored.

where is the option to enable pets in grid?

Quote Originally Posted by Elanthari
    If it stands in the boss aoe, it doesn't deserve heals.
    ^this
    http://i36.tinypic.com/20a9aib.png

IMO, pets are the owners responsibility. They have mechanisms for healing what little damage they should be taking. When their incoming damage exceeds that, in 99% of cases it's because the owner neglected to do what they were supposed to.

That said, even if I wanted to, I couldn't. Much like other healers, my UI doesn't include pet information for healing unless it's a 5-man. In an instance like that I will heal the pet because it's not uncommon for a pet to pick up a loose add.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkive
    IMO, pets are the owners responsibility. They have mechanisms for healing what little damage they should be taking. When their incoming damage exceeds that, in 99% of cases it's because the owner neglected to do what they were supposed to.

That said, even if I wanted to, I couldn't. Much like other healers, my UI doesn't include pet information for healing unless it's a 5-man. In an instance like that I will heal the pet because it's not uncommon for a pet to pick up a loose add.
    Not true specialy on fights like fire voa boss and worms in TOC where boss leave some poison fire aoe trail. If tank does not move boss correctly pet stand directly in aoe damage. Pet is stupid and even if u recall and send it back there is a big chance that pet will again stand in aoe damage. CAlling pet back and don't use it as BM is idiotic.
    This is also blizz dev fault that they don't implement some logic and intelligence to our darling pets...
    And don't tell that BM specc is shitty. DPS in BM is very very NICE even more than other speccs, but BM speccs is not so popular just because of that kind of "bugs" and devs lazyness.
    Putting some more damage reduction and survivability to hunter's pets would greatly improve BM DPS in all raids. Boosting BM hutner's damage output is idiotic. Also keep in mind, that as BM I never run OOM while as MM and SV I have a lot of problems with mana even with replenishment talent.

My pet never gets healed by healers, but I still manage to keep him alive 90% of the time. Even if he's just sitting at my side as a howl buff.

Oh, and Numeanor, I never have mana problems, and if I do, it only takes 3 seconds in viper.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor
    Not true specialy on fights like fire voa boss and worms in TOC where boss leave some poison fire aoe trail. If tank does not move boss correctly pet stand directly in aoe damage. Pet is stupid and even if u recall and send it back there is a big chance that pet will again stand in aoe damage. CAlling pet back and don't use it as BM is idiotic.
    This is also blizz dev fault that they don't implement some logic and intelligence to our darling pets...
    And don't tell that BM specc is shitty. DPS in BM is very very NICE even more than other speccs, but BM speccs is not so popular just because of that kind of "bugs" and devs lazyness.
    Putting some more damage reduction and survivability to hunter's pets would greatly improve BM DPS in all raids.
    This is exactly what I'm getting at.
    Yes..on easy avoidable damage the healers should not have to focus on a hunters pet.
    But the intelligence from pets is even lower as the guy who allowed Death Knight Gnomes......

Seems to me that with a little more effort from a healer, a pet can stay alive during the more difficult fights, and BM spec might actually be up there with the top specs.
    The question remains ofcourse if it's worth the trouble doing this, if equal /better dps can be opbtained in other specs, without the need to keep a pet up, to prevent huge dps loss.

Nice to see the difference in opinions though.
    Thanks for all the input so far.