PvE Healing Help?

For the life of me, I can't find an up-to-date guide on healing as a paladin, with spec suggestions or glyph suggestions.

I just dual specced my paladin at 70. I'm aware we have 3 healing spells, but that doesn't really help me with the essence of WHICH spells to prioritize, or which talents are more essential than others.

I'm wondering if anyone could be so kind as to explain A. How to heal as a pally, B. Spec Suggestion, and C. Glyphs.

Or even link me to a holy pally guide on here. That's enough. However, the only sticky is for PvP healing, which really isn't very helpful, as PvP is totally diff than PvP healing and talent wise, as I've learned from other healing classes.

I searched for 7 days in the past with Holy, and nothing popped up, so this hasn't been answered in the past week, unless I'm crazy <_<

Re: PvE Healing Help?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...ElGpDCw,,10571 full pve selfish spec xD(no ds:P)

Hi there,

Spec all the way into Beacon in holy and then choose either Divine sacrifice in prot or lots of crit in ret. At your current level ret would be better.

Macro Divine Illumination, Divine Favor, and your trinkets (if they have a use effect) to your holy light spell.

Glyph: Holy Light, Seal of Wisdom, and then either Divinity, Flash of Light or Holy Shock. The last one is personal preference; i prefer Shock.

Cast sacred shield on the tank, then Flash to get a little hot rolling. When the boss pulls judge him to get lots of haste. Keep doing this every minute or so - the haste is worth it. Also keep sacred shiled up (every 30 seconds) and the HoT if you want.

Cast Flash until you can't keep up with the damage, then cast Holy Light. Keep spamming holy light until damage is manageable. Pop Wings if you need more throughput.

Pop Divine Plea if you need more mana. Also melee the boss (judging wisdom) for more mana if you can.

This is obviously a very simplistic view of how it's done, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadas
    Hi there,

Spec all the way into Beacon in holy and then choose either Divine sacrifice in prot or lots of crit in ret. At your current level ret would be better.

Macro Divine Illumination, Divine Favor, and your trinkets (if they have a use effect) to your holy light spell.

Glyph: Holy Light, Seal of Wisdom, and then either Divinity, Flash of Light or Holy Shock. The last one is personal preference; i prefer Shock.

Cast sacred shield on the tank, then Flash to get a little hot rolling. When the boss pulls judge him to get lots of haste. Keep doing this every minute or so - the haste is worth it. Also keep sacred shiled up (every 30 seconds) and the HoT if you want.

Cast Flash until you can't keep up with the damage, then cast Holy Light. Keep spamming holy light until damage is manageable. Pop Wings if you need more throughput.

Pop Divine Plea if you need more mana. Also melee the boss (judging wisdom) for more mana if you can.

This is obviously a very simplistic view of how it's done, but there you go.
    Do not macro Divine Illumination to your holy light. Use it whenever you have to refresh beacon and SS to save more mana imo, or use it when tank damage will be very high and you NEED to spam holy light.

One of the more challenging things for a paladin to do is manage their cooldowns in the most effective way possible.

Do not divine plea unless you know its safe to. My suggestions is to pop DP with wings to compensate, when you can. When you can't, call out over vent "Popping divine plea". this will give the other healers notification to put a few extra flashes or hots on the tanks.

Use glyph of beacon of light for your third glyph, assuming you have beacon up 100% like you should, it saves more mana than Divinity, and 1sec off holy shock isn't much, assuming you shouldnt be using it very often (maybe to save a raid members life or some quick healing on a tank).

Judge anytime its available and your tank target is full health. The mana return you get back from it can be huge, and the healing it does on melee/tanks can be impressive on aoe heavy fights.

Make sure lights grace is up 100% of the time. If that falls off and the tanks health goes critical, you might wipe the raid.

PvE Holy - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxAzt...dxZVcbx:IdwVcM
    The points in divinity can be traded for Sanctity of Battle (3% crit)

Put Beacon on a target that takes constant damage, preferably a tank. You will want to discuss which beacon to put on which target with your fellow holy paladins.

Start the combat by Judging either Light or Wisdom, once again discuss this with other paladins in the raid.

Start casting Holy light at targets that takes damage, cast Divine Plea early in the fight, at like, 15% manaloss, and keep casting. Recast the Divine Plea when it's off CD, if your raid isnt dying, prioritize. When the raid takes low damage, melee the boss to get extra mana from your seal. Keep your beacon up, use Divine Illumination early too, for more uptime in the fight.

Gear:

I prefer getting gear with Sp-haste-crit and lots of sockets. Sockets are my prio one since they grant loads of intellect, which is a stat to prefer. Get intellect-trinkets, etc etc. Spellpower isnt important since your HL's doesnt need to get bigger.

Socket ONLY http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40123, use one http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49110 to fill out the Meta socket (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41401) ((http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42148 x 3 if you are a JC))

as for enchants, go with int/stat/sp/haste-enchants, pretty self-explanatory.