Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Achievements. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë
    This is actually wrong. If an achievement takes one month on your main char, then within the same month, you can also do the achievement on your alt. Like http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2136 is easly done within a week. Anyhow, achievements are easly done. It just takes some time, + a modern brain (not an insult to anyone).
    A modern brain is not always an requirement when it comes to archivements.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

For sexy proto-drakes!

Deleted

I wouldn't but..

The voices! They make me do them! It's all them, it isn't my fault...

for fun, which is the whole point of playing this game
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Obviously for the pickup lines... such as, "Hey baby, why don't you come back to my place and let me show you my Ironbound Protodrake."

Lol yeah, showing that you've done something when someone says you haven't is always a nice perk of having achievements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya
    If an achievement takes you a month to do on one character then you will play another month to do it on your alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreager_ex
    blizzard always has money in mind
    Do you really think someone who is about to quit would stay just to finish a month long achievement?

I think blizzard should make most of the achievements account achievements including the dungeon / raid clearing ones... just to prove your know the dungeon content. Hardmode achievements are the only thing that should be character specific. imo
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

To be more experienced so therefore better...and for the LITTLE FAWNS and STINKERS

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    actually no, I only get achievements (go for them, grind them out etc) on my main, screw the alts
    Ditto. I grind 'em out on my main... but I can't be bothered to do all that over again on an alt. If anything, it's pretty much cemented which character I spend time on: any time spent on alts - or, worse, achievements gained on them - is "wasted."

As for why I do them... fun, a sense of accomplishment, the feeling I'm actually getting my money's worth from the game (by "seeing it all"), bragging rights, a touch of OCD... take your pick.

Read up on the "Skinner's box" experiment/theory. The achievment system employs the sam techniques. Good human goes through a repetitive set of actions, Human gets big sparkly text box to give a feeling of acomplishment. Human repeats these sets of actions for different results. Voila, addiction!

one reason: ePEEN
    and mine is bigger than yours ;D
    Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by mograineprotpally
    keep u plugged into the matrix OFC
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ
    No idea, even without achivements Wow is one of the most time comsuming games on the planet, with achivements well it is the most time consuming,

It makes you wonder why Blizzard havent made achivement bind to account instead of each character.
    They mentioned doing this at blizzcon during the panel where they touched on their future plans for battle.net.

Did it just once for the 310% speed mount. Now i do only the random/casual ones.

I used to do some achievements just to get more achievement points but soon grew bored. Now I just get achievements by accident, hardly doing any one purpose (Except one's in battlegrounds, very slowly making my way to Battlemaster title)

A lot of achievements show great skill, For example for the thunderfury achievment EVEN if you have done at level 80 it shows some skill some determination but for those who completed it at level 60 it shows guild trust and so on so forth.

I agree that achievements should be bound to account in case you ever need to reroll but they are also very necessary for guild recruitment. The other day we were recruiting a fury warrior icecrown, the guy had killed everything from naxx everything up to yogg saron and algalon in Ulduar and attempted the first bosses in TOC.

The guild master of course checked his skill in raid but he also saw that this guy had completed all content from 60 and 70 including kiljaden. an experienced player is always a great addition and you can never be too certain

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ
    No idea, even without achivements Wow is one of the most time comsuming games on the planet, with achivements well it is the most time consuming,

It makes you wonder why Blizzard havent made achivement bind to account instead of each character.
    I wouldn't like this, but some rewards, like Tabards, mounts, Pets and such to be BoA

I will just leave it at this:

"Achievements: A nice idea, but it feels like you expect this to make up for the lack of content by making us running the same instance again for the 100th time but this time wearing our pants on our heads while only casting your main ability when the boss emotes "spank meh !@@%@ez"

Quote Originally Posted by heptadragon
    Obviously for the pickup lines... such as, "Hey baby, why don't you come back to my place and let me show you my Ironbound Protodrake."
    ^^ WIN ^^

for me its because I have too much spare time - normaly have all raids finished in one day so the rest is dedicated to achievs
    World of What?
    Never heard of...

Achievement points............ <-----they must be there for a reason

Maybe I should do achievements?

I dont go out of my way to get them, but I like it when they flash up on my screen.