Triumph Trinkets.

Selfbuffed stats (Totem + Flametongue + Wrath of Air.): ELEMENTAL SPEC
    2544 Spell Damage.
    27.19% Crit
    533 Haste + 5% = 1.6 second Cast Lightning Bolts.
    My current hit rating (self) is : 299. 11.40%.
    -

Hello, just need help deciding.
    Should I take the Mark of Supremecy - 599 spell for 20 seconds
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724#comments

Or should I take the Shard of the Crystal Heart - 512 Haste for 20 seconds.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48722#comments

Gear consists of ToC gear, ready to raid Ulduar and ToC normals.
    I don't raid, just PUG.
    Generally want the better DPS increaser in both raids, and groups.

Current trinkets:
    Sundial of the Exiled:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40682

and Abyssal Rune:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47213

(Please also state which trinket I should use it over. EXAMPLE: Shard, over Abyssal)
    If neither are useful for an elemental shaman, then I can save up for the Shoulders.
    Thanks in advance.
    Banned.

Re: Triumph Trinkets.

It would depend if u needed the hit rating, or if u would replace some hit gear if u had the trinket.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724#comments
    Not the best dps trinket.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48722#comments

If and only if you are way under hit cap for raids, which is 11% if you have elemental precision spec'd, a space goat in your group, and a moonkin or shadow priest.

My current hit rating (self) is : 299. 11.40%.
    I read somewhere that 18% is the cap, but not so sure on that.
    Anyway, depending on who I group on depends who's there at the time.
    As i said, I'm not in a guild, I just pug.
    I don't gem for any hit atm. It's all on the gear.
    --
    If neither are an upgrade, can someone tell me the "cap" that a Shaman should have for spell haste.
    I heard it's 30%, is this true?
    Banned.

We still don't know if your horde or Alliance, that makes a difference as well with the spacegoat bonus to hit, so I'm assuming Horde for the time being...

Okay, well, here is what your looking at...

18% is NOT the spellhit cap. 17% is.

So with the 3% bonus from you talents (I'm assuming your talented correctly) you only need 14% from hit to get to the cap. Since you only pug, you can't really guarentee any Boomkin or Shadowpriest love so we will assume that you need the 14% (368 hit rating)

So at the moment you are 69 points under the cap. That hit will help alot more than the Intellect would and the Hast vs spellpower is kind of a wash for Ele Shamans...

At this point, answer is pretty easy, Shard of the Crystal Heart hands down for the safe bet in your situation.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog74
    We still don't know if your horde or Alliance, that makes a difference as well with the spacegoat bonus to hit, so I'm assuming Horde for the time being...

Okay, well, here is what your looking at...

18% is NOT the spellhit cap. 17% is.

So with the 3% bonus from you talents (I'm assuming your talented correctly) you only need 14% from hit to get to the cap. Since you only pug, you can't really guarentee any Boomkin or Shadowpriest love so we will assume that you need the 14% (368 hit rating)

So at the moment you are 69 points under the cap. That hit will help alot more than the Intellect would and the Hast vs spellpower is kind of a wash for Ele Shamans...

At this point, answer is pretty easy, Shard of the Crystal Heart hands down for the safe bet in your situation.
    Oh, right. That's what a spacegoat is.
    Yes, I am Horde (ORC)
    If I was to get that trinket, which of my other two trinkets would you replace, Abyss or the Sunidal?
    Also what is the haste cap for elemental shamans.
    I was considering not getting a trinket and upgrading a ring. But if a trinket will be a solid upgrade for me, then that's what i'll do.
    Banned.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rahizz
    Oh, right. That's what a spacegoat is.
    Yes, I am Horde (ORC)
    If I was to get that trinket, which of my other two trinkets would you replace, Abyss or the Sunidal?
    Also what is the haste cap for elemental shamans.
    I was considering not getting a trinket and upgrading a ring. But if a trinket will be a solid upgrade for me, then that's what i'll do.
    "haste cap" is 1270 haste.
    This does not mean that Haste is worthless afterwards, it'll still be better than Crit for like.. always. (tested with 565 Crit rating and 1900+ Haste rating and Haste STILL won)
    Haste is ~1.5x as good as crit (depending on your current gear, etc.) so you better take the Abyssal Rune than the Sundial.

Now... to those trinkets... both are rather crappy for Elementals.
    If you're already having the Totem for Emblems then you CAN take the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48722, although, as I said, it's rather crappy for Elemental... it might be okay when you're not having a Shadow/Boomkin in your group, so you'd better exchange another Hit-item for Crit/Haste/Spellpower, so you'd be closer to hitcap.

I don't know how often you're raiding with a Shadow/Boomkin... but if you often have one in your Pugs, you might first get some T9-items instead of the Trinket.

Thanks, I see the points your making.
    At the moment, I pug, getting a shadow priest / Boomkin is pretty rare on my server to be honest, so the likeliness of that is low. But I can see why I should do some replacing.

Chances are I'll take the haste trinket. But do you think this will be a significant DPS booster? Or should I rather get the iLevel 245 items instead?

Ring/Shoulders.
    Another thing to take into consideration is my hit cap. Getting the trinket should more or less get me capped.

The only thing holding me back from getting it is, is whether or not it will make a difference.
    You stated it's "crappy" or something along those longs, but is it really THAT crappy? or is it worth investing in?
    Banned.

Deleted

First off... an Armory-Link would be great.
    Next... the Triumph-Gear sucks, for the most part. Especially Off-Pieces, like the rings or whatever... but that's something I could see after you've linked your Armory, since then I could precisely tell you, what you could exchange for what.

Now, to the Trinket... the Trinket itself is rather great. It has a huge chunk of Hit and in the case you need Hit, it's really good. (seeing as each point of hit rating is about twice as good as spellpower)
    But that's it. When you don't need the Hit, it's crappy. And seeing as our T9 has a HUUUUUUGE chunk of Hit on it, I said that the Trinket is rather crappy.
    I mean... if you get over 200 Hit just from 2 T-pieces and an Off-Item (like Waist or whatever), then you'll pretty easily get out of the Hit rating where the Trinket is still good.

But, first things first:
    Armory plz, THEN I can give you way more hints^^

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    First off... an Armory-Link would be great.
    Next... the Triumph-Gear sucks, for the most part. Especially Off-Pieces, like the rings or whatever... but that's something I could see after you've linked your Armory, since then I could precisely tell you, what you could exchange for what.

Now, to the Trinket... the Trinket itself is rather great. It has a huge chunk of Hit and in the case you need Hit, it's really good. (seeing as each point of hit rating is about twice as good as spellpower)
    But that's it. When you don't need the Hit, it's crappy. And seeing as our T9 has a HUUUUUUGE chunk of Hit on it, I said that the Trinket is rather crappy.
    I mean... if you get over 200 Hit just from 2 T-pieces and an Off-Item (like Waist or whatever), then you'll pretty easily get out of the Hit rating where the Trinket is still good.

But, first things first:
    Armory plz, THEN I can give you way more hints^^
    Sorry for late reply - was in a raid

Oh well, tier 9 is out of the question for me atm.
    I don't really want a raiding guild so yus.
    Trinket seems like the better upgrade.
    Current armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ow&n=Ryanouske
    Banned.

Deleted

I'll just assume that that's your Elemental Gear... so...
    Totem of Elemental Plain sucks since it has a huge intern Cooldown, so the first thing you should do is by the Totem for Triumph Emblems.
    Next... you've got way bigger things to worry about than your Totems. You CAN buy the one with hit, but really only if you can take some hit-pieces off so you'll be really close to Hitcap with it. (and without Shadow/Boomkin of course)

Now.. I don't know how much Gold you have, but there are 3 Items that are really good for Elementals that you can buy.
    First would be http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47586, a Tailor can make these... might be rather expensive because of the Orbs, but that of course depends on how much Money you have. (seeing as one can get Gold rather easy, I'd say that shouldn't be a limiter :P)
    Next is http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=45557, really great Itemisation and not THAT expensive anymore.
    The last one IS rather expensive... but for you it would probably be the best you can get: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48957

These 3 Items can all be bought for Gold and would greatly improve your gear.
    For Emblems of Triumph you should buy T9... even if it's the 232 one. The Set-Bonus is great, so they'll definitely be worth it. (best version is Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves... but get the Shoulders first)

So here's what you should do:
    - Get enough money to get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47586, http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=45557 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48957
    - Get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47666
    - Get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48722
    - Get T9, start with Shoulders, than Chest, Helm and hope to get the Hands from Koralon
    - Read http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-shaman/elemental-shaman-wotlk-faq-and-basic-mechanics-updated-for-3-2!/

Oh right.
    Thanks for the comments.
    Chances of me gettin gold are slim, i'll have to work like a biatch.
    Butt yeah I could work something out.

Haha. I actually had no idea you could get t9 with triumph badges.
    I think i'll get the trinket first, then i'll get the emblems for the totem.
    I don't have a huge emblem intake but I could work on that.

So action plan:

Get the trinket first (Almost there - So i'd rather get that while i can) ( I know collecting another 50 for me again will be a pain in the ass.)
    I'll go beat the dummy with it, if I don't see a massive improvement, i'll ditch it, and grab the totem, and start working for the shoulders.
    My current trinkets are perfectly fine imo, they stack together, and when I use it with EM and Bloodfury I can hit really well.

The only thing is, if i get the trinket, and start collecting for T9 and those tailoring items, then automatically it's using its value.
    That's why it might be a "risky" investment.

But solid upgrades would be the totem and tier 9s. But I think i'll save up, see how stuff goes .
    Do my dummy training, if its lacking and nothing much of a "solid" upgrade, i'll exchange it - get the totem - and begin to save for t9 (in between this, farming gold for tailoring items)

Get the totem and then work for T9.
    Meanwhile, work for the cloth items from tailors, although, the waist has hit on it, I don't want to go over the top. As getting the trinket is more then enough.

Banned.

Majesty

You don't need a raiding guild to do ToC10/25. I've successfully pugged both Toc 10 and 25 man all the way through on an alt, as well as 4/5 hard modes in 10 man.

Yeah it's do able.
    Most 10 men raids on my server are successful.
    You can keep everyone on track, manage people with ease.
    25 mens is where we screw up. harder to stick to a "Mini DPS/HP/Spell" when dealing with 15 more people.

Bracers = 6k Gold.
    Belt = 3k Gold.
    Realistically, I'll aim for the belt. with a buckle and all gems that'll be around 4k? >>.
    Banned.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    "haste cap" is 1270 haste.
    This does not mean that Haste is worthless afterwards, it'll still be better than Crit for like.. always. (tested with 565 Crit rating and 1900+ Haste rating and Haste STILL won)
    Haste is ~1.5x as good as crit (depending on your current gear, etc.) so you better take the Abyssal Rune than the Sundial.

Now... to those trinkets... both are rather crappy for Elementals.
    If you're already having the Totem for Emblems then you CAN take the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48722, although, as I said, it's rather crappy for Elemental... it might be okay when you're not having a Shadow/Boomkin in your group, so you'd better exchange another Hit-item for Crit/Haste/Spellpower, so you'd be closer to hitcap.

I don't know how often you're raiding with a Shadow/Boomkin... but if you often have one in your Pugs, you might first get some T9-items instead of the Trinket.
    NO, Crit point for point is better than haste untill you have about 45% crit rating, and haste capps out at 33% at which you can no longer benefit from haste as it wont lower your cast time anymore.

To the OP, get HIT RATING, its the #1 stat. Every missing % of hit rating equates to a missing % of DPS. Meaning if you are 2% under hit cap you are doing 2% or more damage less than you should. Cap hit rating at least for if you have a boomkin or spriest, get ~500-550 haste, then gem SP till you cant see straight. More crit = more critical damage (duh) which is very high for shaman, more Clear casting (10% inc damage while active) more Elemental Oath (moar crit), better mana conservation, and happy mages that have Focus Magic on you.
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by XeroXen TruSin
    NO, Crit point for point is better than haste untill you have about 45% crit rating, and haste capps out at 33% at which you can no longer benefit from haste as it wont lower your cast time anymore.

To the OP, get HIT RATING, its the #1 stat. Every missing % of hit rating equates to a missing % of DPS. Meaning if you are 2% under hit cap you are doing 2% or more damage less than you should. Cap hit rating at least for if you have a boomkin or spriest, get ~500-550 haste, then gem SP till you cant see straight. More crit = more critical damage (duh) which is very high for shaman, more Clear casting (10% inc damage while active) more Elemental Oath (moar crit), better mana conservation, and happy mages that have Focus Magic on you.
    Dude, please, JUST *STOP IT* -.-
    Please ban him from Shaman Forums or something... it's soooo *damn* annoying.
    You did this shit in 3 threads already and in each one of 'em you've been told more than enough that you're wrong.
    First: Crit is worse than Haste from 0:0 to 565(Crit):1970(Haste) or something. That's not with my own crappy maths, but with Binkensteins Spreadsheet. (SEIC r.20.1)
    So in reality, where you get both Crit AND Haste, Haste will nearly always be better than Crit. (until 100% Haste, at which point every single extra point would, theoretically, be useless(not accounting for Latency))

And 2% less Hit does not mean 2% less damage, it's like Crit a stat that does not do a fix amount of damage (in contrast to Haste) so you might finish a fight with 100% of your spells hitting, or maybe with 96% hitting. Depens on RNG. (http://www.wowwiki.com/RNG)

So please Rahizz, don't listen to that guy... he's talking Bullshit and he did so in a lot of threads.

PS: One example: If Haste would cap at 33% then all your spells should be faster than 1 sec when you are naked, put down Wrath of Air Totem and cast Bloodlust. Try that....

Edit: Adjusted the language a bit...

Don't buy the hitrating trinket.

Really. Don't.

The problem with that trinket is that you will be getting hit on other pieces of gear. Trust me on this. And once you do, that thing becomes utterly useless. So, when will you get this hit? Well, for one, when you skip on that trinket and buy tier nine instead. The trinkets costs 50 emblems of triumph.

I see on your armory that you've bought the totem of electrifying wind, good going -that set you back 25 emblems and is niiice.

Now... If you get 5 more tokens (presuming you had enough for the trinkets beforehand)and spend 30 of those on your tier nine gloves you get 60 hit rating and a yellow socket. Here you go, you're now hit capped.

if you save up a bit longer and buy the kilt (and who doesn't want a kilt!) for 50 emblems you get 80 hit rating. Here you go, hit cap without gemming for it.

Both of these are also item level upgrades from what you have equipped on armory, but since the pants would exchange your current haste with crit, I'd probably recommend going for the hands. (Unfortunatly, that's also replacing a haste piece, but at least you get haste back)

You could also replace your shoulders (itemlvl 219, like hands and pants) but then, yes, you'd need to look for that hit elsewhere, since you'd actually take a hit loss.

The point here is, sooner or later you probably will make those changes. Triumph will become the basic come next patch meaning you'll probably be wearing a few pieces of tier nine if you keep pugging, and be overcapped on hit like the rest of us :P. Now, I might be wrong and the new heroics/raids will give us a lot of non-hit, non-mp5 mail pieces, in which case you can buy the trinket then -50 emblems of triumph shouldn't be a big deal by then

But atm, I really think you'll see the biggest dps increases focusing on tier nine. (the shoulders also only cost 30 emblems, btw, so won't even take you that much longer to get two pieces compared to the trinket) 9 sec more on flameshock, here you go :P

Lol yer.
    The trinket was pretty bad.
    This totem procs almost every time it runs out. It's rather amazing ^.^
    I'll get the gloves next.
    Thanks for the help!
    Banned.