unholy threat issues

i have been tanking in unholy ever since i got my dk to outland quite soon after the release of wotlk, i tryed other specs after hitting 80 but didnt find them any beter just less fun to play.
    Now as im reaching a good gear level im finding that my TPS is no where near what it should be i cant figer out what it is i would hope that blizz hasnt made it so unholy cant do enough tps cos i love the spec but iv moved the talents about in the tree loads of times and still its not good enough

any help would be much appreciated

Gear - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nger&n=Silbrev
    Spec - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...ilbrev&group=1

(my hit in that gear is low i have lower level bracer and belt to hit cap myself)

Re: unholy threat issues

well ive been tanking a long time, long enough to become my guilds MT ive tried every single spec you can think of i think i im not able to even count as high as how many times if respecced i recently wanted to try unholy tanking but its just very below on what the other specs are, and yes it has weak threat for sure, the rotation is very tight because death n decay should be up as long as possible because its prob the best threat generating move you have as unholy which makes your rotation sloppy, and i see from your spec u haven't taken the talents that actually makes unholy diffrent from the other tanking specs, what actually unholy tanking is all about meaning you are specced unholy tank for no reason to be unholy because your not benefting from magic suppression and bone shield, that given id say depending on what your role in the guild is, go between blood and frost, blood which i think has the best single target threat possibly in the game of course if done correctly lol dont expect to go blood and just instantly become an amazing tank it takes getting used to but for main tanking blood wins, and for being more of an offtank pick up adds n stuff frost wins over for that

feel free to look me up check out my spec and stuff hope it helps you out
    http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Stamin%C3%A1

thanks for the advise but im more looking for ways to improve my threat in the unholy tree cos i find it the most fun to play, what i will ad to my first post is that once i have a target for few secs on my own i can keep it with no issue

well when it comes to tanking its not always about what suits you the most, its what is better, would you rather get your face smashed in by a boss because you arent specced right?

anyhow like ive said ive done the whole unholy thing in and out it just isnt good enough for anything above naxx its sad yes bc unholy is fun... but whats not fun is not surviving the pull, or having threat issues, because when your worrying about your threat u cant worry about moving out the way, or timing your CDs right, or being overall situationally aware

they really need to give unholy a talent that gives runestrike more threat(not more dmg just threat)

the main reason unholy cant compete for threat is because you must take into consideration the pets damage its threat isnt directed to you. so yea, we lose some threat there if they buffed the threat on runestrike in the unholy tree, not too much, but enough to compensate for the pets threat diversion, it would really make unholy vialbe again,

Like you, I love the spec but find it hard to justify playing at the moment

No way to say it other than to just say it: your spec is bad.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0xMZ0xZfghc0czgchz0uIq

I just can't tell you for sure about the rest of the points.

Your armory shows you in PvP gear atm (nice resil gems); hope you're going the avoidance route, since Unholy tanking is all about keeping up Bone Shield charges as long as possible by stacking avoidance.