Can a MM/SV hunter's pet tank a 5 man heroic?

I hate looking for tanks in LFG and I was wondering if our pets could tank a heroic? has anyone tried?

I'm SV PvE/PvP and I've got full T9 (10 man) gear on my PvE Spec and Furious/Relentless gear on my PvP (No weapons though!)...I don't want to change any for BM.

Re: Can a MM/SV hunter's pet tank a 5 man heroic?

If you have a decent healer and three good, aggro-aware dps that are willing to do it, I'm sure it could be done with most WotLK heroics. That said, good luck finding four people willing to try it.

I wouldn't try it without enough Resilience gear to make your pet uncrittable and three Hunters/Mages to chain-MD/Tricks to your pet.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

No.

I mean I'm sure it 'could' be done, but it would involve group stacking. An insane healer and very competent DPS. Also a LOT of CC. The same group would also lend its self quite well to just Zerging the instance without a tank.

So why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    I wouldn't try it without enough Resilience gear to make your pet uncrittable and three Hunters/Mages to chain-MD/Tricks to your pet.
    You won't need that much resilience as long as it stack with Grace of Mantis. +Blood of the Rhino 'd be okay in a 5man heroic. (assuming you'll be using a tenacity pet, 'd make things a lot easier)
    I'd using a bear...'cleave' and 'stomp'

- 4% less crit
    - 40% more heal
    - moderate AoE aggro
    - ~58/59% phys damage reduce (my 2nd specc is BM with thick hide for solo stuff...so my Boar has ~nearly 61%)

(ATM some/most of the heroic can be done with a faceroll+tankadin...so i guess a full 5man grp can do this with a pet tanking ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by valkyre
    You won't need that much resilience as long as it stack with Grace of Mantis.
    It does. I'm just saying, don't try to tank without that extra crit-protection behind you.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Lawl, no.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

as MM/SV definately not unless u have uber fail dps.

However, as a BM it is possible.

If you ever gone through hunter blogs there's a hunter called BigRedRhino who has tanked 25 Hodir and some other 25s with his gorilla pet in BM.

As a MM, my can't can't even keep aggro over my auto-shot while soloing, so I'd guess a resounding 'no.'

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    As a MM, my can't can't even keep aggro over my auto-shot while soloing, so I'd guess a resounding 'no.'
    I take it by your first can't you mean cat? if this is the case its cause its a dps based pet, therefore not exactly ment to hold agg, just go tame a bear or a turtle or sumthin, voila aggro probs solved.
    and in reponse to the thread had my old bear tank hnex for shiz n giggles, was fun but long>.<
    Noodles and Coke, diet of the raider. Found what he was after, after nearly 3months.

When I get on my holy priest to run heroics I frequently make hunters have their pets tank or make mail wearing toons or druids tank in kitty form just because having a real tank, tank heroics makes everything so boring. Most notable experience in my head is this one H Gundrak I ran where after the first boss I made our tankadin go ret and made our ele shaman tank the rest of the place. We didn't wipe once.
    [quote="Tyler"]Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanreborn
    I take it by your first can't you mean cat? if this is the case its cause its a dps based pet, therefore not exactly ment to hold agg, just go tame a bear or a turtle or sumthin, voila aggro probs solved.
    and in reponse to the thread had my old bear tank hnex for shiz n giggles, was fun but long>.<
    Ooops, no, my first 'can't' was supposed to be 'pet.'

I have tried a few Tenacity pets, and while it isn't as extreme as them not being able to over-aggro Auto-Shot, I still cannot use special abilities and hope for my Hydra to keep aggro.

But the MAIN question still remains :

Can a turtle fuck a giraffe ?
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

Only bm I would say. Croc's actually make good tanks as they attack back for everything hitting them.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskal
    But the MAIN question still remains :

Can a turtle fuck a giraffe ?
    yes.. why do you think we have orcs in the game..
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

most heroics can easily be done with 5 dps classes as long as one is a shaman for hero for the "more difficult" bosses
    Banned.

10+ Year Old Account

Pet tanks... brings back memories of my first RFC run ever back in early 2005. Four manned it with a voidwalker tank. Went w/o a hitch. I kinda miss being so retarded at this game that I would be willing to experiment with anything.

You have low chances even with ape on right talents I'd say you wont be able to tank with your pet,not to mention your pet can't outthreat the other dpsers.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

MM/SV pets can easily tank 5-man heroic bosses. I've 4-manned Heroic HoS with my "hydra" (crocolisk), DK, shadow priest, and mage. You just burn down the bosses in 25 seconds and you're fine... Ads however do require a bit of cc sometimes or kiting