Re: Go Horde for PvP ?

Defeat all odds and stay alliance. I played horde for 3 years, and I loved it. Now I transferred to alliance side on Bloodlust because I have a lot of friends on this side. I do like it better.

Only difference in arenas are racials, and honestly, Alliance have some pretty OP racials too. WotF is nice but everyone has so many ways out of fear these days, it's not like back in Vanilla where it was the difference between winning and losing. I love my rogue being a belf when the extra 2 seconds lockdown on a healer from arcane torrent gets us a win, but I'm not so pleased when a human or nelf rogue gets the jump on me due to Perception / Elusiveness. (If I still played my human mage I'd miss the old Perception by a ton though, that was crazy... you could see rogues from miles away with it up).
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk
    Only difference in arenas are racials, and honestly, Alliance have some pretty OP racials too. WotF is nice but everyone has so many ways out of fear these days, it's not like back in Vanilla where it was the difference between winning and losing. I love my rogue being a belf when the extra 2 seconds lockdown on a healer from arcane torrent gets us a win, but I'm not so pleased when a human or nelf rogue gets the jump on me due to Perception / Elusiveness. (If I still played my human mage I'd miss the old Perception by a ton though, that was crazy... you could see rogues from miles away with it up).
    Perception does jack sh*t, possible due to server lag (Im on high speed cable). Get sapped in the middle of my own AOE damage and never see them, as a human. Human racial shares a cooldown with pvp trinket, so its near useless.

Horde racials are all WAY better for pvp.
    AOE stun, AOE silence, reduced stun time and attackpower burst, break fear

alliance... break dots, run faster while dead (lawl) and get out of combat, a trinket that shares a cooldown with trinkets, and escape artist (the only useful alliance racial).

Quote Originally Posted by Abramis
    Perception does jack sh*t, possible due to server lag (Im on high speed cable). Get sapped in the middle of my own AOE damage and never see them, as a human. Human racial shares a cooldown with pvp trinket, so its near useless.

Horde racials are all WAY better for pvp.
    AOE stun, AOE silence, reduced stun time and attackpower burst, break fear

alliance... break dots, run faster while dead (lawl) and get out of combat, a trinket that shares a cooldown with trinkets, and escape artist (the only useful alliance racial).
    EMFH is amazing actually. I'm very much a fan of 2x DPS trinkets on my warrior.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Quote Originally Posted by axi0m
    EMFH is amazing actually. I'm very much a fan of 2x DPS trinkets on my warrior.
    Nerf plox.

Also, perception is OP when you're a Rogue. However, in cataclysm a Human Hunter with track hidden + perception will destroy stealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Lets face it. its so much funner having the challange then being a lame ol horde. that gets more favouring then the alliance.

go horde for everything

I used to play Horde, it was fun. But it got so boring. Winning some BGs then getting rolled in AV.

I rerolled Alliance for a few reasons.

One: I wanted to have to try to win BGS. TERRIBLE move.
    Two: I got tired of the Horde and how many elitist jerks there are on almost every server / Battlegroup.
    Three: Human male dance > Tauren male dance.

Here's my view of PvP, Alliance first. WSG, run around in mid QQing and telling people to give up since we'll lose. That or find some non-idiots who know what to do. Defend the flag, group up, and listen. That's what Horde usally did when I played with them.
    AB, Cap a node and move on. Repeat after me. Cap.. and move on.. One more time. Cap.. and move on..
    That's what' AB is like for me on Alliance, sometimes you can find a few smart people that listen and defend. Kind of like Horde.
    AV. You know.
    EoTS, AB but you get blown off the edge by Elemental shamans.
    SoTA, Never EVER won that as Horde, but I win all the time as Alliance. Yeah..
    IoC, AV but a few more objectives.

All in all, I think it's better to PvP on Horde. I know I want a faction change, kind of but Alliance have good racials and I <3 My MS warrior. POST OVER.

For Arena it doesn't matter. 99.9999999% of battles aren't won or lost because of racials. At least not high up, lower rankings with lesser experienced players they can be used to win a game but still... Very rare.

For BGs. Depends on your Battlegroup. Lots of people say QQ Horde suck or QQ Ally suck at BGs. It will vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Teneal
    For Arena it doesn't matter. 99.9999999% of battles aren't won or lost because of racials. At least not high up, lower rankings with lesser experienced players they can be used to win a game but still... Very rare.

For BGs. Depends on your Battlegroup. Lots of people say QQ Horde suck or QQ Ally suck at BGs. It will vary.
    I beg to differ. an ud RMP will completely dominate an alliance RMP with the fact that you can't fear to get off any pressure, as well as a priest having 2 'fear wards' (Assuming the first isn't dispelled).

go horde if you can stay up really late
    i dont know about alliance
    but from between 3pm and 9pm horde side battle grounds are a complete joke and a waste of time
    after 9/10 ish and when all the idiot 12 year olds have gone to bed, you see the true wrath of the horde
    Banned.

With the stupid change to will of the forsaken incoming and no signs of changing Blizz's precious alliance until cataclysm, I would laugh at anyone who chooses horde for arena or pvp-oriented toons.

Its official. With this Will of the Forsaken change, blizz is making horde the pve dominant faction and alliance the pvp dominant faction. I even know 5 people who changed their horde toons to humans for nothing more than every man. I was enraged at them for spending 25$ for a racial.

Shadowmeld is retarded, but used right in battlegrounds its a giant bitch. I was once jumped by a group of stealthed NEs.
    Every Man is the most ridiculous piece of garbage ive ever seen that will dodge the nerfbat forever cause of QQs like this.
    Stealth detection.
    Escape Artist is perhaps more OP than all because of snares and roots being the "hot topic" of WoW currently.
    Gift of the Naaru is an amazing help in lower BGs and has gotten somewhat more powerful each patch.

And what does Horde have?

Stun and snare REDUCTION that take often less than .3 seconds off.
    A small boost to power or haste that fails in comparison to trinket slot necessities.
    A 6% mana restore (HUGE roll of the eyes that im sick of asking to boost)
    A small stun that takes longer to cast than its effect on an opponent.
    and NOW, some giant load of pig shit that, according to law, the forsaken fought so amazingly hard to receive. Congratz undead! You escaped death and the enemy we're currently all fighting. What's your prize? A pile of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by deegee
    go horde if you can stay up really late
    i dont know about alliance
    but from between 3pm and 9pm horde side battle grounds are a complete joke and a waste of time
    after 9/10 ish and when all the idiot 12 year olds have gone to bed, you see the true wrath of the horde
    So what you are saying here is that you can't beat those 12yo's and thus waiting for them to go to bed ?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I'd say it depends on what class you intend to play if you want to go horde. Obviously some classes can't be certain races so this may affect your decision. Seems to me that the Alliance will soon have the more OP of the PvP racials. I'm considering changing my warrior to human.

horde racials own alliance racials big time, even after the WotF nerf.
    - rogue: UD and blood elf is better than any alliance race
    - warrior: orc owns any alliance race
    - priest: UD > alliance
    - paladin: blood elf ret = caster death. the other specs are balanced imo, maybe humans are even better than horde.
    - hunter: orc and tauren > alliance
    - DK: any horde race > any alliance race. except trolls. they suck.
    - mage: again, UD.
    - warlock: UD/orc > alliance
    - druid: stomp/cyclone. nuff said.
    - shaman: blood fury gives attack power AND spell power. GotN does not scale with talents, heals for close to nothing and can be dispelled. go figure.

Who gives a toss about the racials? Look at who play the characters.

Alliance have the shit-kids that are mentally magnetized to the ever punt-tempting "gnomes".
    Horde have everyone else.

/target Ðevour
    /cast Flameshield
    /cast Vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardlol
    horde racials own alliance racials big time, even after the WotF nerf.
    - rogue: UD and blood elf is better than any alliance race
    - warrior: orc owns any alliance race
    - priest: UD > alliance
    - paladin: blood elf ret = caster death. the other specs are balanced imo, maybe humans are even better than horde.
    - hunter: orc and tauren > alliance
    - DK: any horde race > any alliance race. except trolls. they suck.
    - mage: again, UD.
    - warlock: UD/orc > alliance
    - druid: stomp/cyclone. nuff said.
    - shaman: blood fury gives attack power AND spell power. GotN does not scale with talents, heals for close to nothing and can be dispelled. go figure.
    The bolded are wrong.. sry.

Rogue ? STONEFORM ! ! ! Remove POISON (vs rogue = nice) DISEASE (vs dk = win) and BLEED (vs warrior = win). UD is only good vs warlock...

So Rogue = Dwarf big time.

Warlock is a tie btw... Gnome warlocks are wicked. Escape artist is very good as warlock survivability goes through kiting.

So yeah, for the rest you're mostly right on.