Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

ret paladin with mana issues

like it says, I start beating on a heroic training dummy with full mana, i pop my CD's from the start, i pop plea and my racial every CD, and still, i get OOM somewhere between my second plea and my 3rd plea. i don't even have the mana to cast judgement anymore.

here is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27gall&n=Nzall. I know i wear ArP gear, but that is because these pieces are the best i can get for now.

if there are any other hints you can give me, please share them.

Re: ret paladin with mana issues

nope, thats the way to do it. Any retpala worth his dps will most certainly go oom without every single mana regenerating buff a raid will provide. Even with all that against multiple undeads should go close to oom.

those who say otherwise are the same retpalas that think we're a 3button class and that we need more dps in pve (and i thank them for it!)

if you are struggling with your mana then id suggest changing from strength gems to straight mp5 gems

but thats just me :

why seal of command ?
    Banned.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    like it says, I start beating on a heroic training dummy with full mana, i pop my CD's from the start, i pop plea and my racial every CD, and still, i get OOM somewhere between my second plea and my 3rd plea. i don't even have the mana to cast judgement anymore.

here is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27gall&n=Nzall. I know i wear ArP gear, but that is because these pieces are the best i can get for now.

if there are any other hints you can give me, please share them.
    Whats your rotation? Are you Judging Wisdom (as we double dip from it)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hordefaithful
    if you are struggling with your mana then id suggest changing from strength gems to straight mp5 gems

but thats just me :

why seal of command ?
    i hope you're kidding..mp5 as dps?
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji
    i hope you're kidding..mp5 as dps?
    it was sarcasm... :
    Banned.

Judgement of Wisdom is definitely your friend in these instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chahir
    nope, thats the way to do it. Any retpala worth his dps will most certainly go oom without every single mana regenerating buff a raid will provide.
    Indeed, having another paladin keeping up judgement of wisdom and having BoW/mana spring does wonders.

You wouldnt happen to be an alchemist would you?
    Most of the time when you dont have raid buffs you wont need to use a potion of speed, So endless mana potion (What i use) are pretty handy or even if your just using normal potions its pretty handy. (If im not using fury of the five flights like i do in raids ill use my alchemist trinket coupled with engineering injectors = full mana off one pot
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

judge wisdom every time its off cd (its highest dps priority so you should be doing this anyway), pop plea every CD and even totally unbuffed you will regen more mana than you use (assuming you've talented judgements of the wise). This is irrelevent of gear pretty much as well.

Also:

but thats just me :

why seal of command ?
    /facepalm
    Never ever ever ever gem for anything other than strength (or str + crit if you have a yellow > +3 str socket bonus) and obv your nightmare tear for blue socket.
    Also seal of command makes the baby jesus cry, just dont use it....ever.

JoL is crap now, judge JoW and you'l be fine on almost all fights.

I only go OOM when the boss is below 20% cause hammer stresses out my carefully planned rotation. And yeah, sometimes I do go low on mana on the rest of the fight, but what I do is I stop consecrating for a bit and judge whenever it's up (giving it priority) and I get my mana back very fast. Yes, it hurts my dps a bit, but look at it like hunters switching to aspect of the viper to get mana back. They get hurt on dps but then they can unleash again. That's what I do. And my dps is just fine. I rather cut my dps a tiny bit to get mana back than go OOM and not being able to dps at all.

And seal of command is awesomesauce for thorim fight lol. But I do agree is crap most of the time. I use it when I have lots of mobs around. Cleave ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy
    Also:
    /facepalm
    Never ever ever ever gem for anything other than strength (or str + crit if you have a yellow > +3 str socket bonus) and obv your nightmare tear for blue socket.
    it was sarcasm i said that already >.>
    and...
    he is spec'd for seal of command thats why i was asking ;D
    Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Atenas
    And seal of command is awesomesauce for thorim fight lol. But I do agree is crap most of the time. I use it when I have lots of mobs around. Cleave ftw.
    Kologarn = Easy deepz.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Kologarn = Easy deepz.
    and mimiron p4
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

and...
    I'll let you off then :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy
    judge wisdom every time its off cd (its highest dps priority so you should be doing this anyway), pop plea every CD and even totally unbuffed you will regen more mana than you use (assuming you've talented judgements of the wise). This is irrelevent of gear pretty much as well.

Also:
    /facepalm
    Not 100% true. Until 50% total crit, HoW and CS will always be above Judgement. Until 2pc T9, always gem pure STR with 1 NMT to fulfill your meta.

and...
    Seal of Cleavage is win.

So is Seal of Command.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Kologarn = Easy deepz.
    You get more DPS keeping Vengeance ticking on 2 all 3 parts rather than using Command.

10+ Year Old Account

Mana is a finite resource and is meant to run out eventually.

Also, if you're trying to simulate a raid situation, give yourself Wisdom instead of might to see what your lasting power is. Judge wisdom as well. You already have replenishment. I can't think of what else in a raid will give you mana back, but I think ret pallies can pretty much cover it all.

Deleted

and...
    i was specced for SoC because i have points left.

your standard ret spec is http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVZVZVfbxbIuhdIfsu:G0a. you have 7 points left. half vindication is a bit useless, and if i go full, i don't have points left for div sac. and it is not really like i need vindication for anything. any decently specced tank will apply it (except DK's) and in heroics, it is useless. divine sacrifice is more useful than less tank damage, especially if the tank gives that debuff himself.

as for why i am specced in it for prot, dunno, was for fun. i will probably respec that point to conviction one time or the other.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm
    Mana is a finite resource and is meant to run out eventually.

Also, if you're trying to simulate a raid situation, give yourself Wisdom instead of might to see what your lasting power is. Judge wisdom as well. You already have replenishment. I can't think of what else in a raid will give you mana back, but I think ret pallies can pretty much cover it all.
    Everything but MotW, Kings (assuming you have Wisdom up), and AB, which all increase your mana gain a minute. The occasional mana procs from a Druid's HoTs also help in raids.