Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: ret paladin with mana issues

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm
    Mana is a finite resource and is meant to run out eventually.

Also, if you're trying to simulate a raid situation, give yourself Wisdom instead of might to see what your lasting power is. Judge wisdom as well. You already have replenishment. I can't think of what else in a raid will give you mana back, but I think ret pallies can pretty much cover it all.
    It's already been stated by Blues that the mana-using melee (Ret Paladins and Enhancement Shamans) are above this rule, and the intended design is that they will not have mana issues ever as long as they use the tools they have (and don't play stupid). Just like the rest of the melee.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    you have 7 points left. half vindication is a bit useless, and if i go full, i don't have points left for div sac.
    Well you could get ur 2 points out of Pursuit of Justice which is useless and go full in vindication.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trailertrash
    Well you could get ur 2 points out of Pursuit of Justice which is useless and go full in vindication.
    Umm you don't play a Paladin, do you......

Wut

/facepalm

Yeah, what could possibly be useful about a 15% movement speed increase.

/facepalm

even though you wont normally be judging wisdom on a boss (even though it doesnt really matter now), do so on the dummy. It allows you to go a little longer.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

The thing that puzzles me is... what else WOULD you be judging on a target dummy? No other judgment debuff is useful, since we no longer have Seal of Wristcutting, so the healing from JoL is unnecessary.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    even though you wont normally be judging wisdom on a boss (even though it doesnt really matter now), do so on the dummy. It allows you to go a little longer.
    Usually i always judge Wisdom :X

i know its been posted twice above me already, but.. are you serious ? i spec PoJ even when im holy just so i can go for whatever boot enchant i want, 15% move speed is awesome leetsauce, pvp, pve whatever spec. its always awesome.
    even while farming, and boosting... maybe while doing RP walk stuff it isnt awesome, but i think that /walk ignores normal speed..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hordefaithful
    it was sarcasm i said that already >.>
    and...
    he is spec'd for seal of command thats why i was asking ;D
    SoC is godly in an aoe fight, go try it Mr Clueless
    more time on a boss = more dps
    boss with less ap = happy tank who wont need it anyway.. since hes speccing into it or that other war is throwing his own

I've found that SoC on Heroic Anub to be priceless, we lose a little bit of dps on anub himself but the fact that we don't have to switch anything but a single button push at the start of the fight(and a new libram) to get more aoe while most other classes have to destroy their single target rotation can be a huge lifesaver. Every second your raid isnt single target attacking anub is that much more stress the healers have to take off when everyone but the main tanks and people with Penetrating Cold have around 1k hp.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...eus&gn=Escaper

I really miss having Divine Sacrifice and Guardian, 1 min SS as ret was amazing, but couldn't get all the fun stuff in ret while getting that deep prot+5 pts in holy.

If you are having mana problems just drop consecration from your rotation for a couple loops through, better to do a little less dps for 30 secs than go oom and have to wait for your 50 mana/5 while not casting to get you back up high enough to judge.

And for I believe once you reach full ilvl 250+ gear SoC outscales SoR even on single targets so even if you don't do Hardmode ToC 25 you're gonna be getting 251 from icecrown 10 i think it is, so have fun with that.

Clip consencration from your rotation if you dip below 25% mana. I've been there, sitting below the amount needed to judge. Its annoying.

If you're using Serious Help In Timing you can set it to no longer display spells at %s of mana, which also helps if you're a mindless drone and can't seems to handle mana yourself.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

huh ppl asking why u spec for SoC.. dam wtf.. read patch notes its dam win on trash and other stuff with more targets.. on trash i easy do 8k dps with SoC

on topic
    i go oom too if i dont use judge of wisdom so many sure u have it up if more than 1 pala with u.

try this out, i havnt had problems with my pallys mana and he only has like 4k in ret.

i'm always using SoV and IBoM
    CS>Judge>what ever else you want.

thats my normaly priority rotation and i never go oom. thats not to say i'm not droping decent DPS either, at 73 i'm pushing 1.5k in reg nexus and reg UK.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zemerrock
    thats my normaly priority rotation and i never go oom. thats not to say i'm not droping decent DPS either, at 73 i'm pushing 1.5k in reg nexus and reg UK.
    tbh I don't see how this is relavent in any way. You also most likely do not have to cleanse/HoF/HoSal/HoSac/HoP/FoL proc etc anyone in a "normal" dungeon.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zemerrock
    try this out, i havnt had problems with my pallys mana and he only has like 4k in ret.

i'm always using SoV and IBoM
    CS>Judge>what ever else you want.

mob are between 66 and 71 in Normal nexus..
    heroic are 82?
    raid are 83?

(add +1 level if im wrong, not sure)

and paladin scale really badly between 60-80

I keep sacred shield, and FoL myself at least 5 time per fight, switch seal 2-3 time and never have problem with mana

what is mana? O.o
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

I never find mana a problem in pve.... tough in arena priests and mages absorbing effects are killing me-.-

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    I never find mana a problem in pve.... tough in arena priests and mages absorbing effects are killing me-.-
    What about In Ulda Arena or (even worse) Twins?

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    You wouldnt happen to be an alchemist would you?
    Most of the time when you dont have raid buffs you wont need to use a potion of speed, So endless mana potion (What i use) are pretty handy or even if your just using normal potions its pretty handy. (If im not using fury of the five flights like i do in raids ill use my alchemist trinket coupled with engineering injectors = full mana off one pot
    Why would you use an Endless Mana Potion? Using the Crazy Alchemist's Potion grats mana and health as well as the side effect of another potion. For target dummy testing, sure. For actual boss fights, use Crazy. 2 Goldclover is hella cheap for a pot. You are rolling the dice on which side effect buff you'll get, if any, but when your mana is low, you have no other real choice. Ideally, you won't pop the Crazy Alch pots when you are low HP because they seem to be "smart". When you are low health, they tend to provide the 3500 armor buff or a bonus HP pot effect. If you are full health, they will normally give the haste or crit/sp buffs.

As previously stated: PoJ is the shiz, Don't use Consecration when you are already low, Vindication(even 1/2) is a useful addition to raid debuffs, and Seal of Command is great for trash.

STOP TAKING TARGET DUMMY RESULTS AS LAW!! You are missing buffs when attacking a target dummy. You are probably hitting an additional target too. Any information you thought you gained from the DPS test is absolutely worthless and should be promptly thrown out the window. This rule also applies to your TTO (time to OOM). Use logic. Don't use your highest mana cost ability when you are low on mana. Skip a cycle and prioritize Judgment. Its highest priority above 20% for a reason.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD