Page 1 of 3
LastLast

A dispute between me and my GM

Okay, a few days ago Mask of Distant Memory dropped for me. I'm a new 80, decently geared (not for newer raids though, only until about EoE25 and Uld10), and farming Heroics. I win it, and a few days later I run OS10 with my guild. My GM (and his wife) berate me for having that, because (despite it having the highest DPS until ToC10 if I'm not mistaken) it's better itemized for Rogues and Feral Druids. Both of them believe that, even if it's DPS is great, you're not supposed to use it unless it is itemized exactly for, and for no one else, Hunters (they haven't said this outright, but it's an assumption I am willing to make).

Thoughts? Suggestions? I am NOT giving this helmet up just because it's leather, but I wanna know a way to get them off my back without outright saying "I don't give a crap what you think, because I think you're wrong."

Re: A dispute between me and my GM

Dont know what helm that is but im thinking its leather? anyway, if they think ur not supposed to have it they shouldnt have given it to you in the first place, tough luck for them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Infs
    Dont know what helm that is but im thinking its leather? anyway, if they think ur not supposed to have it they shouldnt have given it to you in the first place, tough luck for them now.
    Well, no. We're not a raiding guild. I PuGged H ToC, and (on rare occasions we do raid) then we ran OS10 with a sister guild.

Here's the mask: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47529

Here is my view on it.

If it yields higher dps than what you previously had, it is an upgrade. If your job is to dps, then why would you not use it? Just because (i assume you are a hunter or enhance shammy based on your post) you can wear mail does not mean that you can only wear mail.

On the other hand, if you rolled against a rogue/feral druid in order to obtain this item, then that is pretty messed up. They can only wear leather, so they should get leather dps drops period. If you did not roll against one of them though, then there is no reason for you to feel bad about using the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Owncksd
    Well, no. We're not a raiding guild. I PuGged H ToC, and (on rare occasions we do raid) then we ran OS10 with a sister guild.

Here's the mask: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47529
    So they think ur supposed to use ur blue mail helm instead?

If so, they are retarded.
    Ur perfectly fine using this one untill u get some decent mail helm.

EDIT: ^ What he said is right, dont roll against leather wearers for it, if theres no leather wearers there, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hydras
    Here is my view on it.

If it yields higher dps than what you previously had, it is an upgrade. If your job is to dps, then why would you not use it? Just because (i assume you are a hunter or enhance shammy based on your post) you can wear mail does not mean that you can only wear mail.

On the other hand, if you rolled against a rogue/feral druid in order to obtain this item, then that is pretty messed up. They can only wear leather, so they should get leather dps drops period. If you did not roll against one of them though, then there is no reason for you to feel bad about using the helm.
    ^This
    I will say that i have used cloth and leather on my Resto shammy for 1) it was better then what i had and 2) it was better itemized (haste and better gem sockets)
    So if it is an upgrade then what you were using, then so be it. tell your GM that you pull more DPS with this helm then some crppy blue.

theyre bitching about a leather helm from heroic 5 man toc? really? its going to drop again eventually, its a 1 day reset, its rly not srs.... in a 10/25 raid situation, yeah roll on mail pass leather unless the ferals/rogues pass, common courtesy they can use leather only, u can use leather + mail, more items.

if there wasn't a a feral druid or a rogue in that group/it was a big DPS increase then i would have no problem with you rolling on it
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

10+ Year Old Account

Did it even drop during a guild run? If not they need to just can it. If I were you I'd go someplace else in that case - sounds like a dick/noob GM to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Thanks for the responses guys. No, there weren't any Feral Druids/Rogues in the party (and I actually didn't win it, the guy who Greed-won it gave it to me because I was running back when they dropped the Black Knight).

The helm I had before was http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37636

Which is another Rogue/Druid item, but it was an update off the crappy quest green I had.

GM is a retard...end of

10+ Year Old Account

All senior citizens should have Life Alert.

Your GM is fucking retarded, find a new guild asap.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Okay, a few days ago Mask of Distant Memory dropped for me. I'm a new 80, decently geared (not for newer raids though, only until about EoE25 and Uld10), and farming Heroics. I win it, and a few days later I run OS10 with my guild. My GM (and his wife) berate me for having that, because (despite it having the highest DPS until ToC10 if I'm not mistaken) it's better itemized for Rogues and Feral Druids. Both of them believe that, even if it's DPS is great, you're not supposed to use it unless it is itemized exactly for, and for no one else, Hunters (they haven't said this outright, but it's an assumption I am willing to make).

Thoughts? Suggestions? I am NOT giving this helmet up just because it's leather, but I wanna know a way to get them off my back without outright saying "I don't give a crap what you think, because I think you're wrong."
    Why do 'you' care what they say?

You wear upgrades, end of story.
    Bornakk"Increasingly it felt like someone playing against a Ret-Pally really only had 60% of their health bar because Vindication took away 20% from the start and then Hammer of Wrath kicked in when they had 20% left. This change was something we could confidently hotfix and would have a minimal to no impact on the PvE side of things. "
    VINDICATION TAKES 20% HEALTH /facepalm

If you've told your guild master it's an upgrade and he still says you shouldn't wear that helm then he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax
    i completely agree, im tired of all these half assed players jumping ship for what looks nicer in the wg wins, come to nathrezim, we have games where theres only 3 alliance members in wg, 3, its the most epic game of hide and go seek the raid boss

are you on the server fitcrank, and

Loot rules are tricky and no matter what u do, some1 will get pissed off about something. For the raids I run I try to use common sense as much as possible and keep things to mainspec/offspec but everyone has a different way of figuring out what they think should be mainspec/offspec for each class and spec. As a Hunter I looked at it like this, Mail Agi gear is Hunter and Enhance Shaman Mainspec, Leather Agi gear is Offspec (even if it is an upgrade). Agi guns are Hunter Mainspec and Hunter only, why some Rogues are running around with guns I'll never understand, or accept, with OP FoK being more useful in raids and tanks have tanks guns for their Mainspec. Two handed Agi weapons are Hunter and Feral Mainspec, will let Enhance roll too but One handed usually better for them. Agi Daggers for Hunters are Offspec, much more useful for Rogues. You plate classes out there keep you hands off Two Handed Agi weapons, your classes are built on Strength and Expertise. Warriors and DKs are the worst because they can't even use the Intel on them either. Blizz is removing/reworking AP in Cata for this very reason...

For your situation, if they didn't want u to have it they should have handled the loot rules better BEFORE you got it. They can't say shit now. Also, never a good idea to raid in a guild with Husband/Wife or BF/GF combo if those ppl are in anyway in charge of anything. No matter what they will favor one another and if one of them is the same class asyou or roll on the same gear you are going to get screwed over.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

this has too be noxbear or tras. they are real pricks and try too tell everyone what gear is best for them, when they have no clue. they get there stats from wowdps.com and dont even plug in the right spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth
    For your situation, if they didn't want u to have it they should have handled the loot rules better BEFORE you got it. They can't say shit now. Also, never a good idea to raid in a guild with Husband/Wife or BF/GF combo if those ppl are in anyway in charge of anything. No matter what they will favor one another and if one of them is the same class asyou or roll on the same gear you are going to get screwed over.
    Read the thread dude, he was the only one who could use it for some effect, in addition he didn't roll for it, the guy who won the greed roll handed it to him because he needed it.

Aside from all that it wasn't a raid, the GM wasn't in it, and it's a heroic drop. What he's saying is that he is being chewed out for wearing it, even though he WAS using a poorly itemized blue quest reward, what he's asking is if there's anyway besides telling them to screw off to shut them up...