Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bear conquest gear

Hi guys. In your opinions, what items are best to get first from conq badge. im newly 80 and so far i got the idol cuz mine was like level 61. Should i got for the T8.5 first? Or are there better options?

Re: Bear conquest gear

Quote Originally Posted by sethers656
    Hi guys. In your opinions, what items are best to get first from conq badge. im newly 80 and so far i got the idol cuz mine was like level 61. Should i got for the T8.5 first? Or are there better options?
    Are you doing daily heroic?

If you are, then just buy the T8.5 item. Buy the idol with the new badges, you will like them more than Uld idol.

Yes i am, but I already bought the idol..... Mine was greed from outlands so i didn't want to wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by sethers656
    Yes i am, but I already bought the idol..... Mine was greed from outlands so i didn't want to wait that long.
    Doh. If you couldn't wait for a couple of days you should obtained this Grizzly Hills pvp idol http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38365 instead of wasting your emblems on the Conquest idol. Ilvl 245 idol you get with Emblems of Triumph is a lot better.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Ilvl 245 idol you get with Emblems of Triumph is a lot better.
    Actually, on my bear, I usually use the conquest idol over triumph, except in very specific situations. Sure, the other idol gives more pure dodge... but the crit from the agi is priceless (bearshield, threat, rage). Plus, it's worth a bit of extra armor, which never hurts.

With kings:
    conquest: 364 armor, 2.18% crit, 3.80% dodge
    triumph: 4.42% dodge

So is 0.62% dodge worth 364 armor and 2.18% crit? To me, it is, unless it's a fight where I specifically need to stack avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Actually, on my bear, I usually use the conquest idol over triumph, except in very specific situations. Sure, the other idol gives more pure dodge... but the crit from the agi is priceless (bearshield, threat, rage). Plus, it's worth a bit of extra armor, which never hurts.

With kings:
    conquest: 364 armor, 2.18% crit, 3.80% dodge
    triumph: 4.42% dodge

So is 0.62% dodge worth 364 armor and 2.18% crit? To me, it is, unless it's a fight where I specifically need to stack avoidance.
    Well, I never got to play a lot with the conquest idol since it refused to drop until very late.. but I recall it's uptime wasn't nearly as good as Idol of Mutilation (practically 100%) has.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Idol of the Corruptor has a 70% chance to proc for 12 seconds so pretty much 100% uptime

15+ Year Old Account

Idol of Terror was the one with bad uptime --it couldn't refresh itself and had an 85% proc rate, plus a 10-second duration that meant you were guaranteed gaps.

Idol of the Corruptor has a 100% proc chance (according to wowhead), 12 second buff duration, and can refresh itself. The only way you'll lose uptime is if your mangle fails to connect several times in a row.

Idol of Mutilation has only 70% proc chance, but it's not on a skill with a cooldown, so it's not an issue either. It can also refresh itself.

OK, so it seems I made a good choice on the Idol. .

So now do i go for the T8.5 helm? or chest? Or just go for anything which is the biggest upgrade?

I'm sure there are some gear better itemized for bears than others for badges. i just want to know which ones.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&n=Moongladis

Here is my armory. Im thinking I should just try to replace all my blues first? (which I am running H ToC everyday i can, and any heroics where i can get an upgrade)

Or just i try getting T8 chest and helm for the 2pc?

come on.... 1150 views and no one will comment? ='[

Dunno what you wanna hear. You pretty much need every piece that comes from gear or H TOC. If you need a priority list then you need someone who's more bored than I am.

Based on what you're currently using the helm provides a MUCH bigger upgrade to the chestpiece. Partly because the chest you have is epic & has 2 gem slots (compared to the helm being a blue), but mainly because upgrading your helm allows you to use the meta gem which is a big help. With the new helm you'll gain (assuming you use Austere Earthsiege Diamond + Shifting Dreadstone):

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=44409;46161

31 Agi
    94 Sta
    52 Armor
    14 AP
    50 Armor Pen
    35 Crit
    +2% total armor

As I said, that's a very big upgrade for a single item

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

I'm not going to give you an exact list of what items you should upgrade in what order, since you (at some point) will have to be able to do this on your own.

But, I will say that if you download RatingBuster (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ng-buster.aspx) then it will help you to determine what item will be the largest upgrade. If you are unsure what stats to use, check the bear guide in this forum (Shortcut). After you know exactly what stats you need you should be able to determine what items you should upgrade first.

Although, I would have to agree that the helm is probably your biggest upgrade at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd buy the tanking ring with the triumph badges long before I'd buy the idol. In fact, I did.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Triumph Idol KICKS ASS for tanking!! Sure thing agi is ok but straight dodge is heavenly also

Depends on your playstyle more than anything, and what you're in need of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Well, I never got to play a lot with the conquest idol since it refused to drop until very late.. but I recall it's uptime wasn't nearly as good as Idol of Mutilation (practically 100%) has.
    The conquest idol doesn't "drop" or am I just reading this wrong or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The conquest idol DOES drop. It was only made available for purchase with 3.2, in very similar fashion to how the naxx idols were made available with 3.1.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45509

See the "dropped by" tab.

Before you were able to buy the Conquest idol with badges, it (along with all other relics) were drops in Ulduar. They still drop, its just easier to get them with badges. We didn't see the resto idol once.

Edit: CSJ beat me to it!
    Alliance 85:Fire/Arcane
    Horde 85: Holy/Retribution Restoration/Elemental Survival/Marksman Restoration/Balance Assassination/Subtlety Shadow/Shadow Unholy/Frost Affliction/Demonology Protection/Arms

15+ Year Old Account

First you breeze through http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-dr...he-bear-guide/
    then you visit the vendor and look at your gear and compare that to the vendor gear :P

Triumph Idol KICKS ASS for tanking!! Sure thing agi is ok but straight dodge is heavenly also

Depends on your playstyle more than anything, and what you're in need of.
    I'm not sure I understand what playstyle would have to do with choosing between dodge and agi. For instance, I don't think I've ever seen a bear decide their playstyle favored gemming dodge rather than agility.