Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What classes counters hunter?

In a 1v1 fight, where both the hunter and x-class is equally skilled/geared, which class would literally spank hunters? What's our anticlass?

Re: What classes counters hunter?

A well geared hunter who knows his class should not face any huge difficulties against any one perticular class.

All things being equal a hunter can give as good as he gets.

My personal opinion as to who is the best class at kicking our ass (well at least mine) is a Retadin. But any melee when played to its full potential can give us problems. Its really about who takes control of the fight early on.

If a hunter can keep his range he will wipe the floor with all oposition. If we get jumped we are on the back foot right off the bat and it can be tricky to go on the offensive again.

The biggest counter to a hunter is melee range.

Deleted

Any healer that have a basic idea of class mechanics will kill a hunter
    rogue/ret with cd will just destroy us
    destruction lock will literally 3 shot you
    affliction lock will just dot you up and life drain you
    Shadow priest - dot dot dot then dispersion... comes out psychic horror you for 5sec and then your dead
    and then frost mages .. blizzard must be fucking blind for not seeing how op this specc is in any kinda of pvp

so what do we have left

Warrior - more about who handles their own cd the best
    Enhance - usually in favor of the hunter
    Elemental shamy - usually in favor of the hunter
    Boomkin - usually in favor of the hunter
    Feral - i hate fighting these guys. Stun bleed bleed bleed then in bear and maul you down.. killable but usually i loose to ferals
    Dk - Blood dk just heals to much to be killable with their insane cd´s. Frost/unholy are doable but is usually a really close fight

this is my thoughts... remember this is 1v1 where in my opinion hunter are really week.

In my opinion, from a Surv. hunter view..

Most healers counter us unless they aren't in PvP gear, because we can't really shut them down. It's very hard to kill a good rogue if they play it well. Locks and Spriests are hard to beat.

2400+ exp SV hunter point of view: Top hardest duel enemies (assuming they are all pvp geared)

1. Destro Warlock - they got a counter to all you can do. Insane damage that hunter can not take or outburst
    2. Prot healer paladin. Impossible to kill. Fight can go on for ever.
    3. Shadow Priest. Fear/ranged disarm and insane dps.
    4. Disc priest that pops CDs
    5. Prot warrior
    5. Ret paladin
    6. Shadow step rogue
    7. Arms Warrior
    8. Hunter

rest can be easily done

The thing about Shadow priests doesnt sound fun, considering the buffs they will receive next patch :-\

10+ Year Old Account

Paladins. Pretty much immune to kiting, got their bubble. High armor. Etc.

Warlocks and Priests. We have no protection at all against DoTs. The chance to be killed by the DoTs after the death of the target is very high.

Restodruids are impossible for a hunter. Pet gets killed by thorns (yes, it deals that much damage) and the hunter gets killed by insectswarm and moonfire.

Rogues with full cds are impossible unless you are BM.

Mages, Shamans, DKs, other Hunters, Feral and Moonkin Druids, and Warriors are pretty much on par with us.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Retadins

Any class can kill any class if you they know what they are doing. No class is "built better", it's just a matter of which classes are more or less difficult to perform well on.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Choclitbear
    Any class can kill any class if you they know what they are doing. No class is "built better", it's just a matter of which classes are more or less difficult to perform well on.
    Go ahead and kill a restodruid as a hunter then.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Any class that's not a mage.
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Soaringbiscuit
    Any class that's not a mage.
    Fire mages and Arcane mages aren't even breakfast for them, more like a toothpick. Skilled frostmages can give them some trouble. But it would be damn hard.
    Vol'jin fanboy

meh with CD i kill restos pretty easy as mm, though i hate warriors with a passion.

Resto druids are cake, with my chimera silence macro they go down like a sack of shit. Just remember to tranq shot.
    "Mr. Powers,you'll notice all the sharks have lasor beams attached to their heads, i figure every fish deserves a warm meal!"-Dr.Evil
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7bYNAHXxw

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Ret, sp, destro lock and rogue if he uses blind and disarm.
    As far as heal and prot classes are concerned, if you are equally geared, you will almost always end up losing.
    But tbh who cares about 1v1. That's not where it matters.

nothing. If you know how to play you shouldnt have problems with 1v1ing anyone, healers might take a bit to get down other then that, nothing xD

I never really seem to have trouble with hunters on my warrior

guy I grouped with (hunter) also seemed to die annoyingly fast to one little rogue
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by morfius
    nothing. If you know how to play you shouldnt have problems with 1v1ing anyone, healers might take a bit to get down other then that, nothing xD
    link me your hunter on armory please

Duels mean a lot.

Hunters cant(imo) beat good geared healers. In that case the healer have to do some kind of mistake. Maybe MM could be close, atleast surv would struggle.

My list is:
    Frost Mages, because they can easily hug you, they have this absorbing shield and really good cc. Impossible to beat.
    Affliction Locks, becacuse of their good damage,cc and healing abilities.
    Shadow Priests can be a pain in the ass too.

Personally I feel that hunters SHOULD kill every melee class. Retardins arent that hard, they are easy to keep range at since they dont have a slow ability and if you use disengage smart enough ur range would be good.

This is a surv POV btw.