Glyph of Metamorphosis

So, the Glyph of Eternal Water got me thinking.

Change Glyph of Metamorphosis into:

''Your Metamorphosis spell now no longer gives a 20% damage increase, but the form will now remain until canceled and doesnt have a cooldown.''

How'd you think this will go? Will it be overpowered?

Re: Glyph of Metamorphosis

I do think meta should be a perma form. nerf the damage boost to say 5% MAYBE? oh well. I dont think the glyph idea is going to happen but I like the perma metamorph idea
    I'm going to do some real damage!

steal this from mage elemental glyph?

but on topic

so all you gain is immolation aura plus the cool look? seems lame

but i'd take it for the looks

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    steal this from mage elemental glyph?

but on topic

so all you gain is immolation aura plus the cool look? seems lame

but i'd take it for the looks
    '

No. You could tank 5 mans basically is what it would mean.

I would say something like a "Metamorphosis drains mana until canceled" effect, it is permanent until either the Warlock is out of mana or it is canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    '

No. You could tank 5 mans basically is what it would mean.
    this and make every melee nerdrage
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

i actually wish demonology was a tanking tree. even for 25 man heroics.

i know i would spec it.

make meta increase threat generation, make it permanent and then give them more defensive cooldowns and lower dps.

YAY
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=18680007792&sid=1&pageNo=4#74

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by x
    i actually wish demonology was a tanking tree. even for 25 man heroics.

i know i would spec it.

make meta increase threat generation, make it permanent and then give them more defensive cooldowns and lower dps.

YAY
    Even though this will HOPEFULLY never happen, I will none the less admit, that it would be a very very interesting and very cool idea.. I just don't want it to happen because I could imagine so many people QQ'ing over it plus they'd need to itemize tanking Locks lol

The most fun I ever had on my warlock was when void walkers bugged at the end of BC and I tanked Mag, Illidan, Brut, most of hyjal, and most of BT with him. He was good on brut because all the dps could go full out (Back when threat was a REAL pain) and on Illidan he could stand in his little crash thing (I can't remember it for the life of me) + on the fire elementals he could just stand in the fire.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

This is mostly from a PvP point of view since that's what I do. Increased armor, survivability and Demon Charge and Immolation Aura would make Demonology a viable spec in Arena. Which I'd love, since i'm a fan of Demonology since forever

Yeah I miss the demo days.. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by Dotyz
    So, the Glyph of Eternal Water got me thinking.

Change Glyph of Metamorphosis into:

''Your Metamorphosis spell now no longer gives a 20% damage increase, but the form will now remain until canceled and doesnt have a cooldown.''

How'd you think this will go? Will it be overpowered?
    I would think decreasing 10% damage increase will do it, however, it might be better to also remove 50% reduction to snares and stuns to match the eternal water glyph.

After giving this some serious thought, you could be the effective health tank from hell for even heroic raids. Think about it: you have 25% damage going to your pet (Soul Link + glyph), 6% flat damage reduction from Molten Skin, 10% physical damage reduction from your VW (Master Demonologist), the sacrifice as a minor tank cooldown, immunity to crits, more armor than any other tank, and a 26% healing buff on yourself. That means you have 41% damage mitigation before armor and your armor is pretty much hitting the soft cap. You spam searing pain and nothing can pull off of you, especially if rogues and hunters help you out just like all other tanks. You also have a charge, a taunt, and the aura that helps with aoe pulls.

Your biggest problem is that cloth gear doesn't have the hp necessary to really tank. Even with rings, trinkets, and neck as stam pieces, it's hard to break 30k unbuffed. However, if they changed the 20% damage to 20% stam or something like that, it would take care of that problem.

It wouldn't even be OP in pvp: it'd be like trying to take out any other tank. High mitigation, low to medium damage, annoying CC. Especially if they took out the snare/stun duration reduction, which I think would be a very good idea.

With current talents, the spec would probably look something like http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...dmAG,arN,10596 though it might be slightly different. That's in all 232/245 gear, so other people might want to move some points over to the hit talents since you probably lose hit on rings, trinkets, cloak, and neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillia
    After giving this some serious thought, you could be the effective health tank from hell for even heroic raids. Think about it: you have 25% damage going to your pet (Soul Link + glyph), 6% flat damage reduction from Molten Skin, 10% physical damage reduction from your VW (Master Demonologist), the sacrifice as a minor tank cooldown, immunity to crits, more armor than any other tank, and a 26% healing buff on yourself. That means you have 41% damage mitigation before armor and your armor is pretty much hitting the soft cap. You spam searing pain and nothing can pull off of you, especially if rogues and hunters help you out just like all other tanks. You also have a charge, a taunt, and the aura that helps with aoe pulls.

Your biggest problem is that cloth gear doesn't have the hp necessary to really tank. Even with rings, trinkets, and neck as stam pieces, it's hard to break 30k unbuffed. However, if they changed the 20% damage to 20% stam or something like that, it would take care of that problem.

It wouldn't even be OP in pvp: it'd be like trying to take out any other tank. High mitigation, low to medium damage, annoying CC. Especially if they took out the snare/stun duration reduction, which I think would be a very good idea.

With current talents, the spec would probably look something like http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...dmAG,arN,10596 though it might be slightly different. That's in all 232/245 gear, so other people might want to move some points over to the hit talents since you probably lose hit on rings, trinkets, cloak, and neck.
    Already planning on doing something similar for pvp. One thing Blizzard havent picked up on yet is this;

We could pick up tank rings with armour on them. Right now you could get an extra 1500 armour from 2 rings. Thats like a 75% increase in armour? THEN multiply your armour by 600%. Think i came to roughly 69% physical damage reduction while Meta is up!!!!

Dont want strength on your armour ring???? Reforge it to Int, Crit, Res.....whatever :-)

But Blizz hasnt noticed this yet so hush!

Dude they said like 349048745875775 times they won't make Meta permanent, so stop suggesting something that will absolutly never ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Woony
    Dude they said like 349048745875775 times they won't make Meta permanent, so stop suggesting something that will absolutly never ever happen.
    Agreed...
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

15+ Year Old Account

This is unfortunately true.

Some bullshit about not wanting any more forms in the game and considering how much effort they're putting into this new soulfire crap as a way of making demo on par with other specs don't think we'll be seeing perma Meta in this lifetime.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I heard faction and race changes would never happen..

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    I heard faction and race changes would never happen..
    Meta WILL NOT be permanent. Ever.

EVER

Sorry.