Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ToC-10 Heroic - Anub'arak: Healing Setup

Our 10man-HC raid is working on Anub'arak at the moment and we're barely coping. Damage is fine (~40% each ground phase), bug avoidance P2 is well too, but most of the time, we screw up because someone dies in between and then there's damage missing or one of the tanks dropped.

Our biggest problem are the healers: We're running with a roster of disc priest/holy priest/resto druid/resto shaman, of which we're obviously only using two in the fight. We've tried multiple combinations but none seem to work really well. All players are decently geared at around ilvl ~230 and all are experienced hardmode players (finished Glory of the Ulduar Raider).

We've had the best results with disc priest on tanks only and either druid or shaman on raid/mixed duty, but still Anub won't die. Best trys were at around 5-10%, with wipes mostly occuring because tanks drop in P3 whenever the healers have to switch attention for a split second to people getting the frost DoT.

My question: Is a disc priest worth it in this fight or should we get ourselves a holy paladin? What are your healer setups/experiences for Anub HC?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: ToC-10 Heroic - Anub'arak: Healing Setup

Our guild has done it with HolyPr/DiscPr, RestoD/RestoS, HolyPr/HolyPa.

A disc priest is actually very effective, especially in P3, since absorbed damage does not trigger heals on Anub at all.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

well tbh if healing is a problem try taking a 3rd healer. however this does nerf your dps a fair amount but if your not having any trouble with the enrage timer as is then i say give it a go

likewise my guild is at anub10 hc and we're getting same % wipes between 5-12% mostly. we roll with 3 healers and healing isnt usualy a problem. the problem we have is the enrage timer atm but the tries we "could/should" have made it a tank dies or a healer or a dps dies and we fall behind. we used to try with 2 healers but found we were having the same problem as you are now
    This is the point where /headdesk doesn't quite cut it... So I start using /bodywall

we have a holy paladin and a resto drood do the job, works fine.

Disc priest is the most effective healer in the fight, but there really is no specifics as to requirements in healers for phase 3 other than dont role pally/pally. Here is the approach you should take. Have your healers keep the raid at 35-40% health as much as possible and keep tanks up at all times with full HoTs and majority of heals focused on them purely. If I had to put a ratio for tank to raid healing it would be 3:1. If it were not for the frost DoT debuff you literally could almost never heal the raid and succeed, but because it is there is the reason you place the raid in the 35-40% margin while keeping tanks up full health. When one of the raid members gets that debuff the healer will be required to heal that specific member with back and forth heals between the tank and him. People with the frost debuff should be healed to 60-65% health.

anub does still heal if he takes away absorb shields, but its a small matter.

this is one of the fights where 2 healing makes healing easier then 3 healing.

the more DPS you ahve the less the healers heal need to heal.

also if you bring 3 healers they will have a tendanvy to heal too much in P3.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

we just go the kill with three healers. Its adviced to take a holy paly for tank healer. those big heals help alot. and lets your other healers focus on raid and support on tanks.

Make sure your healer are using addon that show penetrating cold which need to be healed priority with tank. If using grid or healbot add it as debuff and it should show up and nbody should die from it.

Most important is to make sure that the first set of adds dies before u bring anub below 30percent. The second set of adds will wipe u.

Try to do it in two submerges so u have enough time on adds if your lacking dps. Palies dps or heal with bop help alot since the last person that gets chased by anub, u can give bop before it reaches him. By the time anub pops back up bop should still be active, that way u can avoid using a orb. Bop helps alot to use less orbs.

Healing debuff works on anbub so bring a rogue with wound or ms warrior, if not anub will heal alot when the part 3 starts since all people are full hp.

we tried with disc , rest druid and resto shaman but failed and we got our kill with disc, restoshaman and paly.

Tanks take enormous damage and best healer is still holy play since u cant compete with those big heals. Use all cd on tank, tank uses cd and u should get your kill. All our dps were pretty low about 3000 hp near death hehe.

for a perfect kill, first set adds dies seconds before or after part 3 starts. Make sure healing debuff is stacked. Now u get 5-8 seconds of no adds. Max dps bloodlust. New adds will spawn tank em on blue , let them submerge after 20 sec. U need to kill anub before a new set spawns or its wipe. If u do not kill the first set u wont have enough time before u have 4 adds up.

hardest part is to keep your main tank up,one healer should focus on penetrating cold, all others dps u let as low as possible while giving some raidhealz to keep em from dying. the main tank will drop faster then your raid dps, so always prior on keeping him up then doing a raidheal. once people have 1000 hps swarm only does 250 hp. so u should have enough time to boost them up a little and get back on tankspam

its pretty intense, but holy pally did it for us since we had hard time keeping the tank up without it.

Holy paladins and disc priests are both incredible for this fight.

I'm sure that it can be done with just about any combination of healers, but the sheer output of a holy paladin (HL spam hit both tanks and splashing on the melee + JOL ticks) and the quick reaction capabilities of a disc priest (along with the shields, which reduce Anub's healing significantly) trivialize the fight.

I'm fairly confident that the entire fight could be solo healed by a really, really capable holy paladin, but for now, we're still using 2 healers.

Bring a 3rd healer, tell your dps to step it up. Bloodlust before P3 if you dont have the dps for it. The enrage should be irrelevent, and with 3 healers on 2 tanks + PC you should be able to keep P3 going endlessly.

resto druid/resto shaman wins that encounter, 3 healers is really inefficiant and not needed

tl;dr version:
    Use Resto Drood+HolyP, Resto drood healing tanks, HolyP grp in 30% phase, use everything you have and just don't die, because with all due respect it just means that somebody failed at what he should be doing

full Version:
    We did the fight with a combination avaiable from your roster, it was Resto Druid and Holy Priest.
    The Resto healed the tanks, if you did Uld hardmodes the gear should be good enough for him to keep them up.
    Holy Priest does the group heal by spamming aoe heal into the raid, just tell everyone to get close enough together, if your damage is good you should just kill the first two adds after the burrow and have your tank let the adds after them burrow by not tanking them on the ice.
    The healers should be able to keep everyone up, esp since you should have heroism for the complete 30% to 0% we normally kill him about the time heroism fades.
    If you have a Moonkin have him prepared to use his Innervate on one of the healers (normally this would be the Holy Priest.
    Have everyone else use cd's which reduce incoming damage, Mages Iceblock if they run too low, raidwall from Palas if they skilled it and since the only choice viable here would be a raidwall from a Ret, if you can take the damage loss from him needing to bubble.
    And don't be affraid to burn bigger cd's if you need them.
    If only one of you dies, brezz him, there shouldn't be anyone dying outside the burrow phase anyway and during it you normally can brezz without problems.

My question would be, why are persons dying anyway?
    We had problems with healers, esp the grp heal priests drawing aggro in the 30% phase, for which i would recommen giving them Hand of Protection, provided you have a Paladin.
    Other reasons would be dying in the burrow phase or add aggro.
    While the second shouldn't happen the first would mean people fail in the burrow phase.
    If thats the case let everyone remember, stay close to the ice, move away from the frozen ground if the person pursued is obviously kiting Anub there an have everyone nuke away on the adds which are closely pursuing persons or even attacking them first.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrion
    we have a holy paladin and a resto drood do the job, works fine.
    'this.

It's a weekly oneshot, though we do have 2 OP Prot Tanks.

We are using a holy pally and a resto sham, works really good actually, and a shadowpriest with embrace.

the shadowpriest usually plays disc but since the pala and the shaman are slack at offsets we do it this way, would be better with the priest and disc instead of the the shaman I guess.

The best setup I would say is discp and rdruid, controlled low heals, with shields from priest and massive tankhealing with penance / full hots.

Whatever you do, do not try 3 healers. we got mad dps with our base-dps-grp, hunter, feral drood, mage, boomkin, rogue (and shadowpriest on this boss) doing atleast 8k dps each in the last phase and its still easier with 2 healers and 1 extra dps than 3 healers.

Less time fighting in 3rd phase = win.

Surv for replenish in 10man
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Bks
    http://meight.webb.se/ mEIGHT of Talnivarr-EU, 10man raiding guild.

Deleted

we go with 2 paladin healers and a resto druid and they have no problem at all.

15+ Year Old Account

We run with a disc priest and resto druid and it's amazing. Disc priest stays on MT, resto druid rolls rejuvs on the whole raid. We also have an SP in the caster group and healing stream totem in the melee group, so that helps too.
    I heal, therefore I am. Something like that, anyway...

Kayni - Draenei Resto / Enh Shaman (Whisperwind)

Deleted

I've actually solohealed the phase3 once as a holy paladin. It wasn't pretty and the kill were soo lucky, rng were on our side this day got 2 ppl alive when anub died, I guess the rogue tanked him for a couple of secs to finish him off.

Anyhow I've done this with me(hpaladin) and a holypriest, was very easy

Another time I've done this was with 2x holy paladins. Wasn't the best but skill>class.

We run Holy Priest / Resto Shaman. Hero at 35%. We stack on his rear during P3 and he pretty much spams chain heal. I focus on the tanks and myself, but keep CoH and PoM on CD at all times. If the groups are getting too low i will work in a PoH. Seems to be working pretty well. Still haven't got Tribute to Insanity, but last week we had 49 attempts left. Maybe this week. O.o

just take a resto druid and a holy priest who know their keybindings and you should be fine

Resto druid for raid, discpriest/holypala for MT and you should do fine.

I've done Insanity on two characters now. Paladin I've done it as ret, or as holy. Tank healing is helped a great deal by having a paladin and is honestly stupid easy. Mash HL, keep beacon up, roll FoL hot and keep SS up. Not hard at all. I've done it in ten man raids with 2-3 healers, my warlock's group uses shaman/priest/druid, all three watch the tanks in P3 but the shaman focuses, druid/priest give each Pcold person a shield/rejuv and that's it.

Keep in mind the drain does less and less damage bottoming out at 250 based on your health (That might be for 25HM, not sure, but around that number. I've done 25hm as well). The less it drains the less he heals the less healing you need to do and the less damage needed to kill the boss. A shadow priest or a resto shaman dropping Healing Stream can keep a group up without healing pardoning cold; ideally you want JoL on the boss too. Then the burden becomes reacting fast enough to not die to penetrating cold - people can use fprotpots, then health stone, coupled with defensive cooldowns to live through this (bubble, d prayer, death coil, etc etc, you know the stuff) - but otherwise you can couple a shield+riptide+rejuv+lhw+holyshock etc etc, two quick small heals to keep them alive and it goes fine.

Ideal set up is probably paladin + either druid or priest, with healing stream or shadow priest in each group and jol up on the boss. Frost protection pots popped when you get the thing, lust at 30% to push through the meaningful phase and healthstones at the ready for your second cold. The less you heal the faster he dies - the third healer isn't there for raw numbers, they're there to add another set of GCDs in p3. They should be dps in P1: our druid dpses in my warlock's group and is the one to take down spheres.