Poll: What is the least commonly found class to be DPSing (im going to exclude SP)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Least common found DPS

If there was a vote for just Elemental Shamans, I'd say that but since it's Shamans as a whole I probably would Mages.

I would say the least seen DPS on my server (Cenarius) are elemental shaman and hunters.

But on a side note, not sure about hunters, but I play an ele shaman as my main and the rotation is very repetitive.
    FS,LvB,CL,LB,LB,CL,LB,LB,LvB ...
    over
    and over
    and over

i would say shaman...of all specs really
    considering how easy shaman are to level im surprised how little i see of them
    well i guess all classes are relatively fast to level but you know what i mean

and when i do see a shaman they usually outperform the "normal top dps" in pugs
    i swear all the dps shaman on my server are good but all the resto suck
    Banned.

What are y'all talking about, Death Knights are sooooo rare I hardly ever see them.

I can believe this went 2 pages without being said.

Wow, I'm surprised how many people said boomkins and shammies are rare. I play a boomkin/tree and it's not too uncommon for me to be grouped up with another boomkin/tree in a pug.
    I'm also currently leveling an elem shammy =P

I voted mages, I never see them unless I'm in a 25 man raid.

Beautiful sig made by Nicolette

on my server Boomkins are a dying breed.

I'm having trouble understanding what your real question is. By "Least common found DPS", do you mean class with least opportunity to DPS? Or the class with the least competition for raid spots that is a DPS class?

Since you say you don't want to heal or tank, I'm assuming the latter, in which case it really comes down to mage/lock/hunter/rogue. Because if you pick one of the hybrids you will most likely get stuck doing one of the other things at some point.

The least common of the four pure DPS classes (mage/lock/hunter/rogue) seems to fluctuate based on flavor of the month or whatever blizz buff/didn't nerf lately, so you should probably make your choice based on whether you want to be melee (rogue) or ranged, and if you want to have to deal with a pet or not (lock/hunter or mage) or if you want to be a physical damage or a spell-based damage (lock or hunter).

Assuming your guild doesn't have an overabundance, I would say hunters are easier to gear up since you only have to compete with other hunters and enhance shammies (who you can whine at to go resto/ele anyway), whereas mages or warlocks have to compete with eachother and priests too. Of course set tokens don't follow the armor type distribution so those pieces don't really apply here.

Often it's harder to get into a raid as a melee since Blizz failed and added yet another melee class (but I'll try not to get into that) and often melee is more difficult to perform or penalized too heavily on boss fights to allow more than a few melee players, so you may want to stay away from rogues unless your guild happens to need a rogue and/or doesn't have much melee dps.

my suck guild at the beginning of wrath had 10 raiding druids 6 of which were boomkin 4 trees.........and no feral WTF
    we also had 6 warriors and no DK's so yeah our guild didnt go far into naxx25 the first few months lol
    Banned.

Where's priest ?

I voted for warlock. We've had a distinct lack of warlocks since Brutallus.

Does non-retarded DK/Hunter count? those are rare.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account

I could probably count on my fingers how many PuGs with DPS Priests I've been in.....but Disc and Holy priests are the healers you're gonna end up with most (horde side on an RP server, people sure do love them belf priests).

'sides those, on my server all of the rogues kinda went poof when Wrath hit which was really weird...don't see many of those these days.

I see a lot of kitty druids but very few boomkin as well. *shrugs*

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

On mal'ganis us ele shammys and moonkins are quite easy to find. And a lot of good ones to boot.

Yet there must be like 4 quality dps warriors out of like a 8k horde 80s. Nearly all warriors, usually not many. Are tanks, rest only pvp or are super casual.

My guild lost our enhance shaman 4 months ago and haven't seen one since

while i'm here killorder-guild.com about to get anub down

You ass, you forgot to add PRIESTs to that list.

They are, imo, the DPS you see the least.

/sarcasm on
    Ret paladins and deathknights.
    /sarcasm off

Seriously though, I rarely see feral druids.
    Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a poet... or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Deleted

Boomkin imo.

deeps warriors are rare on eitrigg us. most are tanks. yes, i have a fury warr, get over it. im unique damnit

15+ Year Old Account

You need to be more specific. For example, Feral Druids are common but Balance are rare. There are a million billion Enhancement Shamans but try finding an Elemental Shaman. Basically, non-Blood Elf classes are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    You need to be more specific. For example, Feral Druids are common but Balance are rare. There are a million billion Enhancement Shamans but try finding an Elemental Shaman. Basically, non-Blood Elf classes are rare.
    Funny on my server there's a billion ele shaman,but enhance are rather rare.

10+ Year Old Account

In all honesty, outside of our guild hunters I think I've gone atleast a week without seeing one.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein