Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Out dps'd by a warlock with lower gear

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    Unfortunately, this translates into being insane in PvP also. Ele shaman/warlock is NASTY, even against full resilience gear. I have 845 resilience and 27k unbuffed hp and I've seen 10k crits from the lock and 8k lava burst from the shaman. Not so nice when you're in a fear and defenseless taking those kinds of shots.
    Once and for all. YOU CAN NOT STAY FEARED THRU THE WHOLE PROCESS OF IMMOLATE-CONFLAGRATE-CHAOS-BOLT. Fear breaks after 3-4k dmg.

Also 845 resilience is full resilience right ?

I have 845 resilience and 27k unbuffed hp and I've seen 10k crits from the lock and 8k lava burst from the shaman.
    Those 10k crits used to be 14-17k ones, but got nerfed, so did our PVE dps. Those shaman 8k crits used to be 14-15k but got nerfed too. So you're QQ that 8-10k crits are still much...while you, from day one are still able to deal 25k dmg in the same amount of time it takes a warlocks or a shaman to deal that 8-10k crit.

Also, you would be kind to notice that warlocks DID NOT get a single buff since Wotlk went live, and yet we tweaked around, worked with gear, and we are back there, near the top in terms of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by power-akama
    Once and for all. YOU CAN NOT STAY FEARED THRU THE WHOLE PROCESS OF IMMOLATE-CONFLAGRATE-CHAOS-BOLT. Fear breaks after 3-4k dmg.
    Not feared... but add terror and stun and yep, quite easy in 1v1. But arena is NOT 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by power-akama
    Also, you would be kind to notice that warlocks DID NOT get a single buff since Wotlk went live, and yet we tweaked around, worked with gear, and we are back there, near the top in terms of dps.
    That's a load of bull... We got buffed BIG time in pvp. from 3.1 to 3.2.2
    We did get a nerf to pvp in 3.0-3.1 But we got buffed after that.

Affliction got buffed a lot as well. But it was patheticly weak to begin with.
    So did Demonology btw. But it too was weak.
    They nerfed destro a lot, but then again... am not sure ppl would stand seeing warlocks cast 30k+ shadow bolt crits in raids... I'd LOVE to see it back, I always thought it hilarious seeing 10k+ crits in raid at lvl 70, although totally unfair and boring 1-button spamming.

On topic.

Everyone saying hunter should beat lock hands down are mistaken, it's roughly the same, and skills play a bigger part then class... by FAR.

im gonna go out on a limb here and just say the lock new how to play his class better than you knew how to play yours, plus it would help if u had an ilvl232 gun or better. My rotations flows pretty good
    ExpS-BA-Mutlishot-SerpeSt-ExpS-Sted-Sted-Sted-Exps-Multi-Sted-Sted-ExpS-BA-Multi-Serp-Exps rinse repeat, the way my rotation works is black arrow, serpent sting and multi shot should all be hit around the same time and after you hit those explosive shot will be ready. this will be a little off for you seeing how u went for a 10% proc chance for 3% haste with IAOTH (WHY?!) over 3/3 Resourcefullness. Spend more time on target dummies until you have the rotation down packed.