Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

SoC worth spec'ing for H 25 Anub?

Just wondering for those who have done it or attempting it do you think its worth spec'ing into since its mostly an AoE fight?

Re: SoC worth spec'ing for H 25 Anub?

I haven't done H25 Anub yet, but i usually switch in between SoC and SoV for anub.

Simply answer: Yes. The adds hit like hell so it's best for your raid to dps them down asap and retri can do best damage to 3-5targets with soc. Tho you should try to keep up your SoC/SoV stack on anub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07
    Just wonder for those who have done it or attempting it do you think its worth spec'ing into since its mostly an AoE fight?
    YES

seriously.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

15+ Year Old Account

Why wouldn't you already have it spec'd?

I speced into SoC the day it got changed. I use it for alot of different fights. I am always top dps on trash and alot of AOE type bosses in Ulduar and ToC, i usually pull around 10k dps on kologarn attacking the main body and about 6-7k on normal Anub. It is a must in my opinion for any AOE/cleave type boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Agreed. Ret paladins have tons of "free" talents as it is. It's not like you lose something by taking SoC.

I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    YES

seriously.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

asap

ima kill the mood here and use normal writing...

yes you should spec it

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Ya gotta spec into that....its glorious. Something else that also really helps in that fight is the holy wrath glyph, when those bastards aint enraged it stuns them. stuns help.....A LOT

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

abosolutely. its probably my new favorite skill we have. switch to SoCom on adds and watch the numbers fly. Just make sure you switch your priority to CS -> DS -> etc since you're looking for mostly aoe damage.

In 10man Heroic I can pretty much take down the 2 adds myself, allowing all other dps to stay on the boss.

Its also the most amazing skill for trash, just make sure to Salv yourself or you will pull agro since the aoe damage is ridiculous if you start off too soon.

And as a sidenote: If your asking about Heroic 25 Anub, as in Hard Mode, then hypothetically you're guild is progressed enough to get to that point, so you should know your class inside and out to be progessed that far. Now if your asking about "heroic" as in 25man then thats different and i apologize for calling you out.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

You can also drop Glyph of Seal of Vengeance (if you are expertise capped w/o the glyph) and use glyph of holy wrath(lowers the cd), will do massive damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Churasco
    You can also drop Glyph of Seal of Vengeance (if you are expertise capped w/o the glyph) and use glyph of holy wrath(lowers the cd), will do massive damage.
    Doesn't this kill your mana? I have enough trouble as is using Holy Wrath on a 30 second CD on fights like Anub and Jaraxxus, I can only imagine using it twice as often. I might try the Exo Glyph instead if I was Expertise Capped, but then again maybe not.

15+ Year Old Account

SoC isn't that great on the adds in fact it's lower damage then just cleaving with normal attacks, The point of the anub fight is beatting the enrage timer and on most Anub kills I have most damage done to anub because I'm sitting on him with SoCor/V if I swapped to SoC sure the adds might take a little more damage but you are better off to just use Command when Anub submerges to kill the scarabs.

I guess it's pretty dependant on how your guild does it as well, There are parses with both seals being used and the #1 is Corruption with #2 being Command.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

poeple tend to think too narrow.

soc should be specced anyway. it's wonderfull. but NOT on anub!
    you do very simmilar dps useing soc or sov on anub.

now you may ask "why should i use sov then? the whole fight is about aoe!"

because soc only hits 3 targets. never all 5.
    thus 2 of the adds will go down faster then the other 2, having your raid keep aoe-ing anyway.
    in other words: your aoe dmg does nothing to shorten the aoe phase / lengthen the single target phase. your aoe dmg is WASTED!

whereas your singletarget dps helps your raid a lot by bringing down anub faster.
    esp in phase 3 this shines.

i know i'll get flamed for this, but people just need to think outside the box (... of recount).
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Well SoComm does hit more than 3 targets. It hits 4 when used with Divine Storm.

From CS + White + Judgement it does also a cleave attack, which jumps up to a total of 3 targets.

I usually don't end on the dmg spot nr. 1 on dmg, when using SoComm on Anub i do. When i use SoV on him i don't.

The aura the adds give you (debuff) is also quite a pain in the ass for healers, on heroic even worse.

So go ahead, use SoComm, burn them down with SoCleave
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)
    Yes, they mean it! Got a broken leg, a female Dwarf and an infraction. Don't mess with humor folks !

A Ret that is NOT specced into SoC yet is a RETARD.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Smolz
    Simply answer: Yes. The adds hit like hell so it's best for your raid to dps them down asap and retri can do best damage to 3-5targets with soc. Tho you should try to keep up your SoC/SoV stack on anub.
    actually if your tanks have half a brain they never even get hit by the adds, or when they do get hit its for like 10
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon