Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: damage and burst in arena

I still think DKs got it goin pretty well for them. That ontop of an MS warrior = anything dead. This is what I like to call a "faceroll".
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    No it's not. Casters are doing VERY well right now, there can be no talk about world of meleecraft
    oh and rets don't have an interrupt or a silence.
    I hate the Undead... you make me stack 2% more hit rating. Go back to the grave where you came from! >.<

J/k. I know that casters are doing farily well but we're far from being at 50% of the dps representation where you'd think we should be (not including healers because they... you know... heal rather than dps).

And I'd like to point out that BE Paladins (namely the ones I have to fight against the most) have a silence and I consider Repent/HoJ interrupts because... you know... they can interrupt casting.

Also has anyone looked at the top rated arena brackets and how the Horde racials are taking players to places they shouldn't had they rolled another race? O_o

Wtb WotF! Gosh it would be great to get out of a Warriors Intimidating Shout and still have my trinket left or use Warstomp/Arcane Torrent to interrupt!

*ENVY*

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lizardlol
    Chaos Bolt/Lava Burst for 12k each (~1.5 sec casts with Bloodlust)
    wow, 12k lava burst? i got ~3.5k sp with totem and im barely going 11k+ to a 0 resilience target - oh well u got me there, ofc with COE it might go to 13.5k but hey, not in arenas, even to a "lowest" resilience guys i barely crit 10.5k with COE already on it (warriors usually on bladestorm with shit resi).

Quote Originally Posted by onaqui
    Either the healing or the mana regeneration is a bit imba, at least for 2's. I played this druid/afflilock against restoshaman/afflilock on ogrimmar arena, ended with both me and the shaman OOM but we could still outheal the other teams damage long enough for it to be a draw.

For 3's things are fine, except RMP's and wizardcleaves.
    rmp has to be the most annoying thing ever

Quote Originally Posted by wadeol1
    rmp has to be the most annoying thing ever
    And it's one of the few setups good players consider legit.

@the gnome: well just give blizz some more money and you too can be undead *commercial guy voice*
    anyway wotf is too strong, I agree on that. However top players would be there regardless of race.

But saying HoJ and repentance are interrupts is kind of interesting, then you could also call death coil, fear or blind an interrupt
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

In my server theres a guild, in that guild , the 2 best dps thought it would be fun to try doing 2v2 in pve gear....Ret/dk....they sit at 2.2k rating.....tru story....

because 2.2k is srsly high. Gladiator... oh WAIT! gladiator is around 2500 on most bg's.

Quote Originally Posted by elliss
    What got me thinking is I started an AJ thread about lvb
    If you are whining about Lava Burst, the problem is that you never even started thinking. Lava Burst crits for less than 5k on max-resil targets. Resilience will fix it. And by "fix" I mean, resilience completely neuters Ele burst. Luckily for us Ele Shaman, most WoW players would rather whine on the forums than grind out resilience gear.

And it's one of the few setups good players consider legit. -Refering to PMR comp

@the gnome: well just give blizz some more money and you too can be undead *commercial guy voice*
    anyway wotf is too strong, I agree on that. "However top players would be there regardless of race".
    You're right, being able to break CC every 1 minute instead of 2 minutes doesn't matter in a cut throat arena right? After all, any decent pmr team, which is the majority of high rated teams- due to the control from the comp's CC- will psychic scream/blind/sheep rotation a healer after their trinket useage.... and you say that WotF is not needed to counter 2500 team (like pmr that are amazing because they can tie CC's together that don't share diminishing returns). Sadly, not every comp has a cleanse mechanic to get rid of cc. You probably played on an UD pmr team amirite

And it's one of the few setups good players consider legit.

anyway wotf is too strong, I agree on that. However top players would be there regardless of race.

But saying HoJ and repentance are interrupts is kind of interesting, then you could also call death coil, fear or blind an interrupt
    Lol. I really want to go Undead but I hate the Horde! Though that being said I like the caster animations for the Undead the most. Anyway I'm holding out race/faction changes until I see Cataclysm racials as they're supposed to "balance" them out. Personally I'd love to be a Worgen Warlock assuming the animations don't suck.

I consider anything that "interrupts" casting an interrupt so you're 100% right. I, and this is just me, consider DC and Blind interrupts. Fear is not really an interrupt because it's not instant and even DC has travel time but it's usually still efficient at interrupting a cast.

Though I do have to disagree with you Rogue: WotF and Arcane Torrent can certainly turn the tides of an arena match. I know people say the Human racial is good and I will agree on that point BUT not to the level of the racials above. In fact the Tauren racial is kind of OP too because that gives yet another AoE "interrupt" to any number of classes.

Lastly I have to say that Shadowmeld is probably the best racial for the Alliance IMO, at least from a healer POV. I find it very helpful on my Druid. =D

Lava bursts crits for less than 5k. Well, maybe if you have around 1500 spell power, but on a well geared shaman it still crits for high 4-score numbers.

Yes, WotF isn't only strong it's overpowered I agree, I've said as much. But players like reckful (or whomever) will be on very high ratings regardless of race. Yes, they are better with good racials. But NOT that much
    Oh and blind and fear do share DR, please get your facts straight.

Yes, I have played triple UD, triple GLG rmps. But the best rmp I've played up to now had a BE disc.
    And best alliance racial is very debatable. For a melee it would probably be EmfH.

Some classes (Warriors, Hunters, Rogues, Destro locks) have a bit too high burst right now, Warriors burst with bladestorm up is ouch.. Destro locks CB/conflagerate (takes like 3 secs to set it up n fire it off..) is over the top, considering how easy it pull it off, Hunters with good gear can kill you on a few seconds literally even though they have Aimed shot, and Rogues hits insane on non-plate.

With warriors it isn't even burst, that's the problem more very high pressure together with ms, unrelenting assault and super high mobility.
    And incidentally I disagree on the rogue part: no one is afraid of our damage. The only reason rogues are a threat is because they bring decent damage along with MS and excellent lockdown abilites.