Need advice on my proffs

Hi!

I'd appreciate some advices on how to make money with my proffessions.
    I've got Jewelcrafting, Enchanting, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Herbalism and Mining @ 450.

Thank you.

Re: Need advice on my proffs

JC:

With JC you can buy raw gems from the AH, cut them and resell them for a better price.
    You can buy saronite ore, prospect it and sell the gems on the AH (depends on your server AH prices).
    You can buy titanium ore, prospect it and sell the gems on the AH (depends on your server AH prices).
    You can make rings like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43249 and disenchant them into dust or essences (this also depends on your server AH prices).

Enchanting:

You can disenchant all kinds of stuff, like mentionted at JC.
    You can enchant scrolls and sel them on the AH.

BS:

You can make the Epic weapons and armors and sell them on the AH.
    The Savage saronite armor is also good to sell at the AH.
    Eternal belt buckels is also good money.
    Make horned cobalt helmets and disenchant them.
    Making rods.

Alchemy:

Transmute gems and sell them on the AH.
    Making flask and sell them on the AH.
    Transmute arcane crystals and sell the bars on the AH, and make rods out of those bars.
    Making other kinds of ;pots and sell them on the AH.

Gathering profs:

Just gather stuff and sell it on the Ah, it's that simple ;).

Oh and btw, I'm new here!

I hope you can do something with my post?!

Cheers!
    Shaman LVL 42 - Hellfire

Just started again ....

15+ Year Old Account

Summ, that was great post. Welcome to the forums!

Dextermorgan, you have six professions maxed out - two of which are highly profitable gathering professions - and you are seeking advice on making money? ???

I'd further Summ's post by reminding you that, with JC, you can farm the ore rather than buy it, thus netting you pure profit.

Also, many of the posts in this section of the forums suggest good items to make via JC that are inexpensive and which can then be disenchanted. The DE mats can then be sold on the AH.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury
    Summ, that was great post. Welcome to the forums!

Dextermorgan, you have six professions maxed out - two of which are highly profitable gathering professions - and you are seeking advice on making money? ???

I'd further Summ's post by reminding you that, with JC, you can farm the ore rather than buy it, thus netting you pure profit.

Also, many of the posts in this section of the forums suggest good items to make via JC that are inexpensive and which can then be disenchanted. The DE mats can then be sold on the AH.
    Thank you! ;D

And indeed, you will get a better profit if you mine it all by yourself!
    But that depends if you got time for it.

Good luck!
    Shaman LVL 42 - Hellfire

Just started again ....

Deleted

*sigh*

Simple economic concept which most people seem to ignore:

Just because you farm something doesn't make it free. It can even make it more costly if you play your numbers well.

Example: I need 50g worth of mats to make something, I have 100g in my pocket.

Option 1: Go to AH, buy mats.
    Timespent: Minimal End Networth: 50g + value of item.

Option 2: Go farm mats.
    Timespent: Long End Networth: 100g + value of item.

Option 3: Buy mats when they are cheap on the AH, then farm the mats and sell them again at a more profitable time.
    Timespent:Long (same as option2) End networth: 100g + profit from mats + value of item.

Now consider how long it takes to aquire said mats.

Say I can mine 50g worth of ore in 10min (plucking numbers out of my ass here) and thats all I farmed, the above examples would be true.

However, imagine if in 10min I could also farm 100g of herbs instead. Now I have a fourth option.

Option 4: Buy cheap mats in AH, farm whatever has the best profit per time spent.
    Timespent:Long (same as option 2) End networth: 100g + greater profit from mats + value of item.

Time is money, not gold.
    Just as true in WoW as it is in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by p75369
    *sigh*

Just because you farm something doesn't make it free. It can even make it more costly if you play your numbers well.

Option 3: Buy mats when they are cheap on the AH, then farm the mats and sell them again at a more profitable time.
    Timespent:Long (same as option2) End networth: 100g + profit from mats + value of item.

Say I can mine 50g worth of ore in 10min (plucking numbers out of my ass here) and thats all I farmed, the above examples would be true.

However, imagine if in 10min I could also farm 100g of herbs instead. Now I have a fourth option.

Option 4: Buy cheap mats in AH, farm whatever has the best profit per time spent.
    Timespent:Long (same as option 2) End networth: 100g + greater profit from mats + value of item.

Time is money, not gold.
    I have nothing but time on my hands, so farming things is fine for me.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

15+ Year Old Account

*sigh*
    Well my goodness. I am sorry that this is such a labor for you.

Time is money, not gold.
    As for your life lesson, I am very grateful for the examples above. However, I indicated that the exercise would result in 'pure profit'. There is no literal expenditure involved in farming ore, to continue the original example. If you are logging into the game - and let us not forget that this is what WoW is, as opposed to a business enterprise - you are spending that time playing the game, whether said time is devoted to professions, raiding or posing afk-style in Dalaran on your new fancy mount.

Here, as time is spent on professions as opposed to other facets of WoW, I do not consider it a 'cost'. You might, and that is both your prerogative and play style, but that is it. In my 'playtime', there is no liabilities column. Instead, I look at my monetary outlay. Unless one sucks at the game, aggros every mob within 500 yards of the spawn and repeatedly dies, the costs are nil.

Thus - spend a little time, farm the ore, and process it for sale. Pure profit.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

The prospecting and shit with JC doesn't work on my server, the prices are just fucked up.
    I was thinking that maybe there is a good way to make gold by combining all of my proffessions.
    The proffession that I'm making most gold from atm is alchemy, transmute everyday. But the prices on Frozen Lotus is too high and it takes a long time to herb them.

Making scrolls with enchanting and sell them with profit?
    Making the correct items, disenchant them and and sell the mats?
    Making Savage Saronite gear and sell them with profit?
    Making Eternal Belt Buckels and sell them with profit?

Did you try any of those?

Good luck!
    Shaman LVL 42 - Hellfire

Just started again ....

Mid-level enchanting scrolls seem to sell the best. 50 AP or SP to weapon, icewalker, 38 AP to bracers, etc. seem to move the fastest and for the most overall percentage profit. True endgame enchants are either slow moving or do not sell for enough to make it worthwhile.