Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Build 10623

Each set seems to have a specific inspiration

Warlock - Ner'zhul
    Rogue - Giest
    Priest - Cultist/Acolyte(Cult of the Damned)
    Paladin - Lavaman/Bolvar
    Mage - San'layn
    Death Knight - Arthas
    Hunter - Anub'arak/Crypt Lord
    Druid - Nightmare/Valithiria Dreamwalker (if Nightmare, then its not really connected to Scourge)
    Warrior - Boar (not really connected to Scourge)
    Shaman - Remains to be seen (I'm hoping for Frostwyrm/Emberwyrm inspiration personally)

Personally, the color in the picture for Priest makes it look generic. I'm hoping the others are more Cultist-y

I went on the ptr to check the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby and it says it starts at 20:00.

thats a really bad time imo considering most people are raiding at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor
    Priest T10 looks very mage-y....

Or...

I couldn't have been the only one to have thought this.
    You're not.

NiGHTS Priests = win
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Draigor
    Boub you boobed
    The gold version has incomplete textures.
    Should have used the blue version of Paladin Tier10
    ow yeah! i am so digging that armor set! now i can't w8 for the HD pics of the pally set! that is just awesome! thanks a ton m8 for the pic

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    Add those small cresent looking marks on his boot and it's 100% him!

Also, Alexstraza burned Bolvar down together with everything else after the event, not Lich king.
    Hell....look at the hands. Same kind of shape. Also...the shoulder that is still there is the more prestigious one on the live and kicking and scourge killing model. lol. I say its bolvar

AND OMG the recolored pally set is like....<jizz> thats all

This thread is full of grown ignorant babies who can't stop pulling their balls and realize that the downside of having someone being able to data mine this stuff for you means that you're most likely going to get your first view of it not finished or bugged the fuck out.

Seriously, you stupid fucks just pull this shit for every tier, because you can't grow up and use common sense. You idiots complained about tier 8, yet you idiots wanted it and like it now. You idiots complained about tier 9, yet you idiots wanted it and like it now. Now you idiots are complaining about another tier that you're going to end up rolling on because you like gearing and progression.

Give it weeks, 3.3 isn't coming out tomorrow, the recent paladin/priest sets are way unfinished and haven't even had a chance to fix it's bugs and show you whatever other colors it could come in.

It's only the gear too. No one obviously complained that the Winged Horse mount's wings were untextured bugged as fuck.

It takes zero skill to get the rep achievements for battlemaster.

It just takes a ludicrous amount of game time.

Read again: It takes ZERO SKILL to grind the rep. The rest of the achievements for battlemaster can be done in a few weeks of play, it is only the WSG/AB reps which are the cockblock for anyone who didn't play pre-BC.

People QQing over the rep achievements being removed from the meta need to reexamine their stance on this game. The WSG/AB reps are stupidly tedious to grind. Congratulations, you had 500+ hours of free time available to spend grinding out games of WSG/AB over and over, have a title. Frankly you could AFK your way to that title, I see plenty of people doing it. Grats on playing pre-BC when it was way easier to grind the rep, or on having the time to play the roughly 500 or so of AB and WSG games required to get the rep to exalted, or on botting AFK overnight for a few months. Assuming an average of 10 minutes per game, that is somewhere in the region of two hundred hours of gameplay spent sitting in AB and WSG grinding out caps and wins. Depending on your battlegroup and faction it may be way more.

Now you get special titles to show off that you spent the immense amount of time required to grind out games (as if Conquerer and tabards weren't enough), and the rest of us who have most or all of the other achievements for the meta but didn't want to spend another month-plus grinding out AB/WSG day in and day out get the battlemaster title. Big deal.

Time does not equate to skill. If you're QQing over not being a special snowflake because now people won't be able to see you spent roughly a month of your life in nothing but AB/WSG, I pity you.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I guess there's no coming back for Bolvar/Lavaman, something tells me he dies when Arthas dies. I don't think we'll see a flaming undead Bolvar continue in the wow story.

I was going to comment on how the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby should have been released at the launch of Wotlk since the shark was already in the files, but releasing it now makes a lot of sense. With 3.3 coming up pretty soon, and Cataclysm coming along at an unknown rate, maybe Blizzard will start to release a lot of minor side quests and activities to the game after 3.3 has been out for a while so players don't become too bored.

Little story lines could be implemented as well that act as a prologue to the Cataclysm plot, but that might be saved for the 4.0 patch before the game hits the shelves.
    A day is one rotation of the Earth around its axis. God created the universe in 6 days. Before he created the Earth, how did he know how long a day was?

15+ Year Old Account

Figures. The ONLY t10 set that looks absolutely atrocious is paladin, the class I play.

Fucking perfect.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Officially putting my money on Bolvar as Lavaman.

As to the trinket procs: The "transformations" one is probably not random. It will probably function a lot like Darkmoon Card:Greatness in that it will probably "decide" what to change you into based on some stat or other, or even on your class.

Whoever the Hunter was that was complaining about this, it looks like if I'm right you'll be getting "Aim of the Tuskarr" (do they even HAVE a ranged attack animation?) while my ret pallie gets to be a Frost Giant. Taunka's probably for those that stack AP and not str or agil (shammies or druids are probably going to like this one.) Agil is obv for rogues, etc. Gorloc sounds like haste, which certain specs of rogues like. Iron Dwarf is tricky, but it's probably a crit proc. Lord, I hope its not ArP. That would be silly (or am i wrong?)

@draigor our boub

can you guys please post the pally set on at least a dwarf? because that would look way better than on a human model to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy_zj
    Figures. The ONLY t10 set that looks absolutely atrocious is paladin, the class I play.

Fucking perfect.
    LOL, it has shitloads of textured bugs and low quality.
    3.3 isn't coming out tomorrow, it'll look much more awesome in HQ and fixed.

Blizz is propably having fun out of paladins and make them look pink to indicate what a faceroll class they are. Blue version looks awesome though.
    Lavaman is Bolvar - he was burned with dragon fire and resurrected by Arthas.
    Priest tier looks very bad. It reminds first two cloth tiers, which suck, it looks old just with new textures. Worst looking T10 by the moment.
    Stop reading my sig, bro!

Could someone post the paladin tier 10 with a kilt model, as opposed to pants?

I swear the texture looks like it would be better mapped to a kilt model than pants (for ex: see the band near the bottom)

Quote Originally Posted by drbraininajar
    Whoever the Hunter was that was complaining about this, it looks like if I'm right you'll be getting "Aim of the Tuskarr" (do they even HAVE a ranged attack animation?) while my ret pallie gets to be a Frost Giant. Taunka's probably for those that stack AP and not str or agil (shammies or druids are probably going to like this one.) Agil is obv for rogues, etc. Gorloc sounds like haste, which certain specs of rogues like. Iron Dwarf is tricky, but it's probably a crit proc. Lord, I hope its not ArP. That would be silly (or am i wrong?)
    All of the spells in the DB list their stat.

Frost Giants: 600 Str
    Wolvarr: 600 Agi
    Taunka: 1200 AP
    Iron Dwarves: 600 ArPen
    Tuskarr: 600 Crit
    Gorlock: 600 Haste

All I'm saying is, I'd much rather have 600 ArPen than any of the others, and would never want the 600 Haste/Strength ones (and would like to avoid the 1200 AP one as much as possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Uuker
    Blizz is propably having fun out of paladins and make them look pink to indicate what a faceroll class they are. Blue version looks awesome though.
    Lavaman is Bolvar - he was burned with dragon fire and resurrected by Arthas.
    Priest tier looks very bad. It reminds first two cloth tiers, which suck, it looks old just with new textures. Worst looking T10 by the moment.
    I disagree.
    I think Boub is having fun with you people who can't seem to understand data mined items =/= 100% High quality finish.

rofl at the paladin's tier, that's some royal uglyness ;D ;D atleast on a human

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

[Copy/Paste of my comment in a Bolvar thread just figured I'd put it here too]

Does it make sense that Bolvar is Lavaman tho? Why would the Lich King turn "his greaest deathknight" into that? Personally I'm skeptical that it is Bolvar in that regard, but also I'm thinking it's a fact that alot of people *want* to see Bolvar as this Lavaman guy. The whole "OMG THEY LOOK SO SIMILAR IN THAT SCREENSHOT" thing is merely just a representation of people looking at a human-model-designed new addition to the game. Is it Bolvar? Maybe. Is it some different new human-like model added to the game? Maybe.

This explanation is much less epic, but it seems to make more sense to me

Gaining reputation with the Ashen Verdict in Icecrown Citadel will grant players access to upgradeable rings from Ormus the Penitent. Players can switch between the type of ring (melee/caster/tank/healer) at any point in the upgrade path for 200g.

Maybe it's this Ormus the Penitent guy from the Ashen Verdict?
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique
    It just takes a ludicrous amount of game time.
    Just like everything in WoW. Its video game, man.
    Reading theorycraft sites, run away from fire and pressing buttons with serious face isnt "SKILL".

and the rest of us who have most or all of the other achievements for the meta but didn't want to spend another month-plus grinding out AB/WSG day in and day out get the battlemaster title. Big deal.
    nice PoV
    Unfortunaly Blizz are supporting people like you in every aspect of the game :-X