Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lich King fight (not fight mechanics, NPC events)

I was thinking about the kind of stuff that's going to happen as far as the NPC's like Tirion and Darion during ICC. This is what emerged:

The fight starts off with the raid engaging Arthas on the Frozen Throne platform. Varian and Saurfang the Elder are there from the start, aiding the adventurers with Stormwind and Krok'ron (spelling?) guards. The Skybreaker (or Orgrim's Hammer for Horde) will be circling the throne occasionally shooting cannons onto the battle.

At about 80%, the Lich King will summon waves of some sort of adds, but instead of being dealt with by the heroes, Darion Morgraine and the Knights of the Ebon Blade (Thassarian/Koltira as well) will enter the fray, dealing with the adds.

The same will happen at 60%, but with more adds and Tirion, Argent Crusade knights and possibly Palatress/Eadric joining too. Both of the groups will be on one of the detachable platforms, packed tightly together.

At 50%, the waves of NPC-fought adds will stop coming and Tirion and Darion will rase the flag of the Ashen Verdict, and charge Arthas. All cooldowns must be blown now, and the raid MUST get him to 10% within three minutes of this frenzy, where he will become unattackable. Adds will arrive and need to be off-tanked, and this time the NPC's won't deal with them. Also during this phase, you can hear Muradin yelling from the airship that they are under siege by Valkyr or some dangerous sort of Scourge. The airship is out of control and heading towards the Throne....

At 10% or the three minute timer, whichever comes first, Arthas will become unattackable, and knock back all the NPC's and players towards one side of the Throne, where it will begin to crack. 2 seconds later, the part of the Throne will crumble and fall off. Tirion, Darion, Saurfang, and Varian will manage to hold on, while other Crusaders and Knights will fall into oblivion. The NPC's are hanging on to the side of the platform by one hand, dangling out over the edge. The raiders are stunned wherever they ended up when the platform fell off.

Arthas approaches Tirion and gives a little gloating speech, stepping on the hand of the paladin and Darion while talking to Morgraine about his potential. Suddenly, an apparition of Darion's father, Alexandros Morgraine appears, stunning Arthas and knocking him back to the center of the platform, where he grows infuriated and starts channelling an apocalyptic spell, while Alexandros' ghost fades away. While this is happening, Bolivar (aka Lavaman) dashes into the room and pulls Tirion up from the edge before dying due to his severe burns.

At this point, the Airship will crash into the other side of the throne, removing the raiders' stun and forcing them to move from that part before it falls off. The Lich King is jarred and drops Frostmourne. Darion picks it up, prevented from the soul-stealing by the essence of his father. Arthas is still yelling about how he will kill us all. Then, Tirion and Darion strike Arthas simultaneously with Frostmourne and the Ashbringer, bringing him down to 45,000 health. At this point, the players' stun will be removed, and they will strike down Arthas.

Hooray! Phat Epix for everywun!

why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

Re: Lich King fight (not fight mechanics, NPC events)

Too much time poster has too much time.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf
    no lol her dick was bigger than my own

Quote Originally Posted by darkriku
    Too much time poster has too much time.
    indeed i do.
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

Jeez. Not this shit again.
    Banned.

10+ Year Old Account

That would be the lamest end-of-a-raid(and expansion) boss fight ever.

The Lich King is going to be a 1 phase tank and spank fight. No adds. He just stands there and takes it.
    Plays: Ayalafatalis (80 UD rogue), Benedicttine (70+ UD priest), Hygelac (70+ Troll Hunter), Hauntress (70+ UD Death Knight). Sentinels US server

yeah but the real fight will be:

You will face Arthas, Tirion and Arthas do some talk...

after that Kael'thas appears and oneshot Arthas!

You will now need to defeat Kael'that because every instances before were merely...*runs away*

No... just no
    Please no.
    As much as i enjoy lore npc's helping out, i dont want it to feel like they are doing all the work.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Legendarius
    Jeez. Not this shit again.
    Lol agreed.

i dont care how it ends as long as there is a cinematic at the end. and no not a wrathgate in-game cinematic. I real one (even if its only 30 secs long) like arthas summoning Sindragosa or Illidan's TBC intro!

(yeah i know its not gonna happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumpy
    No... just no
    Please no.
    As much as i enjoy lore npc's helping out, i dont want it to feel like they are doing all the work.
    Ya cause one of the most powerful lore characters in WoW should definently die to just 25 people amirite?

If NPC's didnt help out alot it would make Arthas seem like a pussy. "Ha! He wasn't so badass afterall, 25 random joes just pwned his ass." It only makes sense that Darion and Tirion would be the ones to really deal the damage, both of which are tied in with Arthas' lore WAAAAAYYY more then any random player in a raid.

Arthas loot table will be 3-4 epics, 2-3 Primordial Saronite and 25 Cleansed Ashbringers.

./cheer
    Quote Originally Posted by select20
    Him: "I don't have a complete healing set yet, but I am healing capped and MP5 capped, so I'm good."
    Me: "What do you mean healing/mp5 capped?"
    Him: "I maxed my healing/MP5 so now I can successfully heal any heroic or any raid up to 10man lvl. Thats why I got some tanking gear on to help me survive longer in case I pull aggro from the tank."
    Awesome SIGZ MAYNE

This thread is lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrim-matosilphioparaomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyphop
    hattoperisteralektryonoptekephallio*-
    kigklopeleiolagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunak
    Ya cause one of the most powerful lore characters in WoW should definently die to just 25 people amirite?

If NPC's didnt help out alot it would make Arthas seem like a pussy. "Ha! He wasn't so badass afterall, 25 random joes just pwned his ass." It only makes sense that Darion and Tirion would be the ones to really deal the damage, both of which are tied in with Arthas' lore WAAAAAYYY more then any random player in a raid.
    Not 25 random joes. 25 seasoned adventurers who have been training in ToC under Tirion, and the watchful eyes of Thrall/Varian/Garrosh/Jaina. I'm sure NPCs will have something to do with the fight, but it will (hopefully) be something like Akama with Illidan, rather than NPCs fighting him for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidos

You will now need to defeat Kael'that because every instances before were merely...*runs away*
    Rofl, that would be a great april fool's cinematic.
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by mograineprotpally
    Arthas loot table will be 3-4 epics, 2-3 Primordial Saronite and 25 Cleansed Ashbringers.

./cheer
    What does Arthas have to do with Ashbringers? He ninja'd 'em from Tirion? :-[

Quote Originally Posted by blackvivi265
    This thread is lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrim-matosilphioparaomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyphop

Where's Sylvanas and Jaina. (Yes I only read about half of it)

Quote Originally Posted by blackvivi265
    Hahahaha! I'm gonna start doing that everywhere aswell!

C'mon people! WE ARE STARTING A TREND!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidos

Win!