Herbalism and Mining or Herbalism and Inscription?

Hello,
    I made a Hunter recently and she is now level 21, so far I have made 100+ gold (Baught the guild bank too) with Herbalism and Mining. But my question is; is it faster and more money to have Herbalism and Inscription and sell the Glyphs? Because leveling Herb and Mining is fairly difficult that I want to switch proffesions but Crafting proffesions tend to use more money than make. Should I switch proffesions to Herbalism and Inscription?, if so will I make more money with that, than the time used mining and herbing? Thx!

- Zii13 / Sabermoon
    http://www.youtube.com/ziified13

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Herbalism and Mining or Herbalism and Inscription?

Notwithstanding that all player experiences are different, I would not suggest a combination involving inscription. While it is possible to make money with that profession, it is not as straightforward as other professions in terms of maximising profits.

Mining is still a good cash cow. Ore is needed for blacksmithing and jewelcrafting, and the pricing of titanium on the AH is still quite lucrative. There is considerable competition for titanium nodes, however, so farming it can be slow going during peak server times.

In terms of your difficulty levelling mining and herbalism, are you using guides to assist you? My experience with these professions has been that they are very straightforward to level up, so I'm not sure what the issues are in your case.

Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

The most obvious problem I can see is that it's cumbersome to have two different node based professions -you can only track one at the time, and I find addons that switch between them for you a rather clumsy solution.

I'd recommend mining/skinning tbh, if it's money you're after. The lower level leather is earning potential-vise competitive on the AH on my server, doesn't leave you with choosing which to track, and, ofc, you level it as you kill stuff (tm).

And the crit bonus from skinning doesn't hurt a hunter, exactly

Though I'm a bit unsure about whether this is a main or an alt? What's a money earner also depends a bit on what other profs you have available

As you can see on other threads, there is considerable debate on whether inscription is a good money maker or not.

I have it, and unless you are prepared to get AH add ons and really work the auction house, inscription is not a good money maker. So are you big into the AH?

If so, go ahead with herb/inscr.

If not, I'd suggest herb/alchy for money making. It's so much easier to do the daily gem transmute and/craft a stack or two of flasks and sell them than it is to churn 100's of glyphs through the AH. Now I am talking about making 100-200G a day (which suffices for most players needs once they have epic flying) not millions so you can brag about your gold stash.

Mining/JC is another good combo for non-AH intense profit (sell ore, gems, and cut gems) plus the daily JC quest.