2v2 pally+warrior

hello
    im going to do 2v2 with my warrior friend.
    currently im doing bgs or hcs to get my pvp gear.
    yes i read the post above said about pvp healing pallys gear or spec, but it seems a bit out of date.
    therefore i just want to ask some questions about something.
    1. spec. it said prot for 2v2, but iv heard that holy/ret is also good for 22.
    2. res, it says in the post,aim for 700, ofc the more the better, but in another post i saw more than 850
    thanx for the usfull answers.

and also, my warrior friend says that it is kinda hard for him to kill a priest, due to his 219 weapon. is there any suggestions that for him that how to use his abbilities to kill priest or any other healers. rly, im in 200 res and i can beat him easily.... his dmg is not low sometimes he does make high crits but after that crits cant get me down....

Re: 2v2 pally+warrior

If you spec prot you will be able to help your friend to kill the healer.

Don't gem for resil. Maybe some sp/resil gems, but that is all. I like to keep myself over 1k resil, it does help alot.

holy/ret does work, but it's still weak. Some people still use it, but because they played the whole s5 with it, and they are used to it.

If your warrior can't down a paladin with 300 resil, he must be doing something wrong.